Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

His mentions I gather were based on NFL sources/personnel people and for whatever reason they didn't mention Baker.

On 980 this morning, Standig if I heard him right said he has a source that told him there could be a surprise QB on the market but didn't tell Ben who that guy is.

Wonder if it's been any of the names the NFL medis has mentioned?

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I think Trubisky and our #11 or 2nd rounder is our probable course of action too.  

Is Trubisky plus whatever resources we need to give up in at least a draft pick better than sticking with Heinicke while the rookie learns? I don't think so, and this is not a pro-Heinicke take, it's a Trubisky really sucks take.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

His mentions I gather were based on NFL sources/personnel people and for whatever reason they didn't mention Baker.

On 980 this morning, Standig if I heard him right said he has a source that told him there could be a surprise QB on the market but didn't tell Ben who that guy is.

Aka, I know nothing but I'm gonna pretend I know something.

I would trade Chase and two 1's for Russ.

Edited by lavar1156
  • Haha 1

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

Is Trubisky plus whatever resources we need to give up in at least a draft pick better than sticking with Heinicke while the rookie learns? I don't think so, and this is not a pro-Heinicke take, it's a Trubisky really sucks take.

Mabye Nagy figures into the issues that Trubisky has in Chicago.  Zampese is a good QB coach.  Just saying.  :)  I think Trubisky has more upside than Taylor and I am a Taylor fan. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

Swap 1rsts for Jimmy G

Swap our 1rst for Cleveland 2nd for Baker.

Those are probably the top 2 options. I'd take the Baker deal.

Neither is an absolute solution, but it unlocks us from a bad draft and definitely is a huge upgrade at QB.

The 9ers don't have a 1 to swap.

• Like 1

It'll be interesting to see post Super Bowl (next week) if things start heating up with potential trade news.

Free agency in the NFL begins immediately when the new league year begins. This year, that falls on March 16, 2022, at 4 p.m. ET.

Edited by HigSkin
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This wasn't the first season Baker Mayfield played terribly.  The questionmarks are worrisome for an athletically average and 6'0 QB.

Surprise targets he didn't list?

Jordan Love, Jared Goff, Justin Fields, Davis Mills?

Not really seeing other options.  Fields seems unlikely although there was a rumor during their coaching search.  Mills would be if Watson returns to Houston, but Watson had to fly in his victims as he had run through every candidate in the Houston area.  So maybe he still wants out if he's blackballed in the masseuse industry.

9 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Trubisky is a major upgrade to Heinicke. 

If we released Heinicke, do you think anyone is arguing who they might have to outbid to sign as a starter?  :ols:

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

The 9ers don't have a 1 to swap.

The dolphins. Thats right. I guess our first for their 2nd or our 2nd straight up.

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

If we released Heinicke, do you think anyone is arguing who they might have to outbid to sign as a starter?  :ols:

Reminds me of the argument to draft the most pro-ready and highest floor QB in the 1st.  If you have no viable QB, then a solid league average QB on a rookie contract is good business.  Then you ditch them after Year 4/5.

If Trubs is league average, sign me up.  But he wasn't last we saw him.  Also no guarantee that 1st rounder is actually pro-ready.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

This wasn't the first season Baker Mayfield played terribly.  The questionmarks are worrisome for an athletically average and 6'0 QB.

Surprise targets he didn't list?

Jordan Love, Jared Goff, Justin Fields, Davis Mills?

Not really seeing other options.  Fields seems unlikely although there was a rumor during their coaching search.  Mills would be if Watson returns to Houston, but Watson had to fly in his victims as he had run through every candidate in the Houston area.  So maybe he still wants out if he's blackballed in the masseuse industry.

He did mention Love, he was the one I didn't include because it didn't fit my screen shot.

I think Goff is possible.

Davis Mills I'd be surprised, that would mean they reconciled with Watson.   

Fields I'd be surprised to because even if the Bears make a deal with Seattle judging by what Seattle's reporters have said Seattle wants a QB back in the deal.

Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 9.54.44 AM.png

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

i am not even big on Trubisky.   Among other things, I'd put a lot of money that he doesn't end up a top half of the league starter even with better coaching.  Even so, I'd easily take him over Heinicke. 

Trubisky has a real NFL arm.  While he's not very accurate especially going downfield, Trubisky can at least get it there.  I still think the most damning throw from Heinicke this year was the one where he signaled to Terry to keep going deeper, Heinicke then steps into the throw and can't even reach him.

Also Trubisky can run and take a hit without us having to worry about him being split in half.   So Trubisky's mobility is much more relevant than Heinicke who seems gun shy to run. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

i am not even big on Trubisky, among other things, I'd put a lot of money that he doesn't end up a top half of the league starter even with better coaching.  Even so, I'd easily take him over Heinicke. 

Trubisky has a real NFL arm.  While he's not very accurate especially going downfield, Trubisky can at least get it there.  I still think the most damning throw from Heinicke this year was the one where he signaled to Terry to keep going deeper, Heinicke then steps into the throw and can't even reach him.

Also Trubisky can run and take a hit without us having to worry about him being split in half.   So Trubisky's mobility is much more relevant than Heinicke who seems gun shy to run. 

I keep seeing speculation Trubisky follows Daboll to NY to compete with Jones.  Not sure how true that is but he does know Daboll's offense.  We'll see...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HigSkin said:

I keep seeing speculation Trubisky follows Daboll to NY to compete with Jones.  Not sure how true that is but he does know Daboll's offense.  We'll see...

I hope not.  Makes sense.  We tried to trade with the Bills at the trade deadline supposidly last year and it fell through at the last second.  There is Winston as Plan B if Trubisky signs with the Bills.  

Guess we wait on the mystery QB that Standig refers to.  I don't see options other than Mayfield that impress me personally.  if Jackson from Ravens, $23 million guaranteed in 2022, massive contract extension, back injury, concussion and issues with ankle all last year plus a very down year vs. the past couple before that.  

21 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Since Vikes are hiring Kevin O'Connell, that news kind of fell off.  Kevin is super excited to work with Cousins again.

Conveying confidence for a QB due another 45m is a good start with that teams owner. If no extension, it’s all fluff. 

16 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

I really really hope that happens.  And i am not saying it to give a hard time to those who like Trubisky here.  I don't have a beef with getting ANY FA really since they are likely cheap and won't cost a draft pick.

I spent a lot of time on Trubisky.  I talked about it at length.  Doesn't mean I am right but hey it helped me form my opinion so i am sticking with it for now. 😀

My take watching Trubisky including his interviews and what some have said about him, is that i don't think he's one of the more cerebral QBs and I think that limits him along with his struggles with accuracy.  I love his mobility.  He's a good runner.  And a creative offensive coordinator could have more fun with that then what the Bears did on that front.  I got little doubt he can play better at the next stint.  But also in my mind he has too many limitations to become an above average passer.  '

He actually reminds me a lot of Daniel Jones ironically.  Jones to me is more accurate.  Trubisky with the better arm and slightly better mobility.  Neither are very good at getting the ball down the field, Jones being slightly better on that front IMO. 

I think Trubisky versus Jones would be perfect for us and here's why.  Whomever wins that battle IMO would put a ceiling on that team.  It would be their own version of our Beck versus Rex battle in 2011 where the real answer is none of the above.  The difference is both of those Qbs are better than Rex and Beck and so they might bring enough to keep the Giants thinking well maybe?  And that spills hopefully right through 2023.  I think it increases the odds that the Giants get stuck in QB purgatory. 

And the Giants will unlikely be in this strong position next year where they got two top ten picks as trade barter.  So let the Giants feel like Trubisky is the guy because if so IMO -- that's perfect. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I really really hope that happens.  And i am not saying it to give a hard time to those who like Trubisky here.  I don't have a beef with getting ANY FA really since they are likely cheap and won't cost a draft pick.

I spent a lot of time on Trubisky.  I talked about it at length.  Doesn't mean I am right but hey it helped me form my opinion so i am sticking with it for now. 😀

My take watching Trubisky including his interviews and what some have said about him, is that i don't think he's one of the more cerebral QBs and I think that limits him along with his struggles with accuracy.  I love his mobility.  He's a good runner.  And a creative offensive coordinator could have more fun with that then what the Bears did on that front.  I got little doubt he can play better at the next stint.  But also in my mind he has too many limitations to become an above average passer.  '

He actually reminds me a lot of Daniel Jones ironically.  Jones to me is more accurate.  Trubisky with the better arm and slightly better mobility.  Neither are very good at getting the ball down the field, Jones being slightly better on that front IMO. 

I think Trubisky versus Jones would be perfect for us and here's why.  Whomever wins that battle IMO would put a ceiling on that team.  It would be their own version of our Beck versus Rex battle in 2011 where the real answer is none of the above.  The difference is both of those Qbs are better than Rex and Beck and so they might bring enough to keep the Giants thinking well maybe?  And that spills hopefully right through 2023.  I think it increases the odds that the Giants get stuck in QB purgatory. 

And the Giants will unlikely be in this strong position next year where they got two top ten picks as trade barter.  So let the Giants feel like Trubisky is the guy because if so IMO -- that's perfect. 

Nyg may be worst team in league next yearxI think they get one of the big rookie in next year draft 

Do you know if we had an intrust in Jamies Winston last year or this year?

Also you said this morning about the surprise qb that's third insider to say that any idea who it is?

Edited by Redskins 2021

1 minute ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Nyg may be worst team in league next yearxI think they get one of the big rookie in next year draft 

Do you know if we had an intrust in Jamies Winston last year or this year

I heard a Giants reporter say he doesn't think they will take one in this draft.  Will see.  But if they sign Trubisky I think almost no shot they take one.

As for this team, didn't hear anything about Winston.  Some rumors last year they had interest in Mariota and Trubisky.   

14 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Guess we wait on the mystery QB that Standig refers to.  I don't see options other than Mayfield that impress me personally.  if Jackson from Ravens, $23 million guaranteed in 2022, massive contract extension, back injury, concussion and issues with ankle all last year plus a very down year vs. the past couple before that.  

I don't love Baker but I like him.  He played hurt last year.

I'd easily take him over Jimmy G and Trubisky

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I heard a Giants reporter say he doesn't think they will take one in this draft.  Will see.  But if they sign Trubisky I think almost no shot they take one.

As for this team, didn't hear anything about Winston.  Some rumors last year they had interest in Mariota and Trubisky.   

I don't love Baker but I like him.  He played hurt last year.

I'd easily take him over Jimmy G and Trubisky

Any idea on the surprise Qb they were talking about on qb because that been floating for a month and half on radio.

Edited by Redskins 2021