Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

So I just saw they asked for permission to interview Bevell.  

Keim said they have 8 candidates for offensive coordinator

Bevell ran RO for Russell Wilson.  Greg Roman who they supposedly have interest in if he becomes available also ran RO in SF.  Shurmur who they are supposedly interested in -- in the mix of things ran a heavy RPO system for Chip Kelly.  Feels like a theme here. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 7
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Stroud declares for the draft. My guess is he goes to the Colts at 4.

People will trade up. Cardinals are stuck with Murray and could trade back at #3. Bears might keep Fields and trade back from #1.

Colts might find themselves with the 3rd or 4th QB by the time they pick.

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

So I just saw they asked for permission to interview Bevell.  

Keim said they have 8 candidates for offensive coordinator

Bevell ran RO for Russell Wilson.  Greg Roman who they supposedly have interest in if he becomes available also ran RO in SF.  Shurmur who they are supposedly interested in -- in the mix of things run a heavy RPO system for Chip Kelly.  Feels like a theme here. 

So you're telling me they're planning on running air coryell?

57 minutes ago, method man said:

I think Jones ultimately lands at a $35M AAV (around that franchise tag number) and ahead of the $33M AAV Kirk signed for 2 years ago.

Separately, Barkley is going to get an AAV between $12M and $13M (that is where backs 4-8 are at in terms of salary.

They have about $51M in cap room and get another $7M more after letting Golladay go. 

Given their situation, I just don’t see them lapping us as Philly did between 2020 and this season

I thought the exclusive franchise tag for QBs in 2023 was projected to be something like $45 million.

Edited by mistertim

Just now, mistertim said:

I thought the exclusive franchise tag for 2023 was projected to be something like $45 million.

$35M is the non-exclusive and the tag most often used. In Daniel Jones' case you'd use the non-exclusive. If someone wants to pony up two 1's for him then you take them and move on with your life. But no one will and it's $10M less.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Strong arm indeed, I think generational arm takes it a bit far but this is a good display that from a mobility standpoint, this dude isn't far off from Daniel Jones.

Agree. I wouldn't call his arm generational. That's for guys like Josh Allen. But I think Howell's arm is underestimated (maybe because of his size?) and he definitely has a cannon. I'd say top 10 in the NFL.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Jumbo said:

"Nature abhors a vacuum" 

There will be a gravitational pull towards posting stupidly on various stupid premises to replace all the bandwidth formerly allotted to posting stupidly on Taylor Heinieke, which except for a few terminally infected, is finally, mercifully, dissipating. 

Dan has made the fans dumb for constantly trying to win the SB every ****ing year instead of trying to find a true franchise guy. Taylor gave some fans something excited to root for since Kirk. A low bar but that is all we had to hang on to. So not dumb but desperate to say the least. There was even some hope for being in the playoffs again this year. But that was false hope at best. Next year, with Howell hopefully, we will have something else to hope for. All of our terminally ill effects should be just a bad taste of Dan. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Some fans? You and who? 😆

Seriously, dude. Just try to go a day without mentioning his name. Be a good teammate. You got this. 🤞🙏🏻💪

Look Jumbo brought it up. I am all in for Howell and was for franchise QB since like last year lol

Taylor was no more than stop gap for this year and that is why I really hated the Wentz trade. We were not even close to winning it all with a QB that had a better arm. I clearly said when when this thread started to build the OL and further improve the DL and just roll with Taylor until we can get our QB in the draft of 24. But it also possible we might have our franchise guy in Howell regardless of the Wentz trade. I hope. I liked Taylor's moxie. So sue me lol

Edited by zCommander

1 hour ago, zCommander said:

Dan has made the fans dumb for constantly trying to win the SB every ****ing year instead of trying to find a true franchise guy. Taylor gave some fans something excited to root for since Kirk. A low bar but that is all we had to hang on to. So not dumb but desperate to say the least. There was even some hope for being in the playoffs again this year. But that was false hope at best. Next year, with Howell hopefully, we will have something else to hope for. All of our terminally ill effects should be just a bad taste of Dan. 

The idea of you deciding you should "explain" something to me. Jeesbus.

I'll note you still can't go three days in a row without mentioning the dude in some way, even as you state you're moving on and support Howell.

In your two years of spamming the life out of the topic, and yes, often being quite dumb in many of your arguments, you're now getting to the end of the rope.

See if you can go a week without doing it. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rdskns42 said:

you people a like a bunch of toddlers wanting a new toy , sad ! we have a good qb but he is still growing but hell throw him away just like all the rest so he can get on a new team and come back and kick our ass like all the rest do ! wake up , the fact that our o-line played max protect all year and still had a ton of issues should be where you are focusing not the qb , if we had a better o-line the fumble's in the giants game would not have been there, when the line gave us time the only poor performance came from Wentz ! so go ahead and boo hoo some more about the qb , remember rex groosman  we could be heading that way again because they are not developing what we have , rally behind our good players and quit your ****in !!!!!!

You’re a medical marvel, man. What are you doing wasting time here? Get out there and enjoy your new lease on life! 

32D698CF-F734-4BB2-8246-B941E1E5B1A6.jpeg

Edited by Conn
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Bevell is a good OC. He won't do anything revolutionary but he has a good track record with mobile QBs. He'd be a fine hire.

Yeah. I don't think we necessarily need someone revolutionary as OC anyway. Howell is sort of the prototypical modern QB in many ways, except for his height. Big arm, can run, etc. I just want someone who will actually build his system around the talent he has and who will adjust quickly in-game as needed.

Turner was like Jeckyll and Hyde when it came to in-game adjustments. He'd either be pigheaded and stick with something that wasn't working (7 step dropbacks when our OL was getting manhandled) or he'd do the opposite and get away from something that was working (run game was clicking and he suddenly stopped running the ball).

**** it, go and get Brady.  Do whatever it takes to get him here for one last run before he rides off into the announcers booth.  If Rivera is likely entering a lame duck year, then let's go for broke.  Bring him in, hire whichever playcaller he personally wants, and then move up in the draft and get Skoronski or Mayer.  Go for it all to either make a true run at the Super Bowl, or have the Rivera era end in flames.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

The idea of you deciding you should "explain" something to me. Jeesbus.

I'll note you still can't go three days in a row without mentioning the dude in some way, even as you state you're moving on and support Howell.

In your two years of spamming the life out of the topic, and yes, often being quite dumb in many of your arguments, you're now getting to the end of the rope.

See if you can go a week without doing it. 🙂

Let me remind you from the post I did when this thread started last year. How is it I saw that OL needed to be fixed before we can get a legit QB. Not dumb now is it. This is why I was pro Taylor to a fault, I guess lol. We were not even close to being a contender but pretenders instead like we have been for the last 20+ years. A week? Why? He was a QB on our roster. One should be able to bring up his name if warranted or needed I would imagine But hey it is all good. I have no ill feelings towards anyway, or at least I try not to. If I do I am sure you will let me know. :) :cheers:

Edited by zCommander

14 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

**** it, go and get Brady.  Do whatever it takes to get him here for one last run before he rides off into the announcers booth.  If Rivera is likely entering a lame duck year, then let's go for broke.  Bring him in, hire whichever playcaller he personally wants, and then move up in the draft and get Skoronski or Mayer.  Go for it all to either make a true run at the Super Bowl, or have the Rivera era end in flames.

Glad to see someone with some brains back up the wacky idea I’ve been pushing for a while lol. What makes it even better is that if Brady slow-plays his retirement decision (no way he’s retiring imo he’s just not gonna outwardly bail on the Bucs immediately even though he’s a FA) then we may even have a new owner in place to woo him, rather than the dark cloud of Snyder. Even better if we get Hard Knocks (or if the Brady acquisition plus new owner ends up getting us Hard Knocks because it’s a once in a lifetime opportunity to get the GOAT on a show like that, as well as showcase a new owner) and he can pimp some of his alternative medicine **** lol. Anything it takes. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Jumbo said:

"Nature abhors a vacuum" 

There will be a gravitational pull towards posting stupidly on various stupid premises to replace all the bandwidth formerly allotted to posting stupidly on Taylor Heinieke, which except for a few terminally infected, is finally, mercifully, dissipating. 

I feel like there's  a challenge around here somewhere and it's not you in walmart

How To Address Women During Grey Sweatpants Season - Meme ...

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, zCommander said:

Let me remind you from the post I did when this thread started last year. How is it I saw that OL needed to be fixed before we can get a legit QB. Not dumb now is it. This is why I was pro Taylor. We were not even close to being a contender but pretenders instead like we have been for the last 20+ years. A week? Why? He was a QB on our roster. One should be able to bring up his name if warranted or needed without being belittled. But hey it is all good. I have no ill feelings towards anyway, or at least I try not to. If I do I am sure you will remind me. :)

You once again needlessly explain stuff to me. This time featuring your "defense." Again, it's all stuff I already know, being intelligent enough to do so without you repeating it the many times you have in the course of the many times I've suggested you get a grip on the obsessiveness and compulsions that have permeated so many pages for so long.

You not only couldn't control yourself to not argue and just attempt to meet the challenge I gave you, you actually had to repeat the issue in your very next post.

I don't care whether you have ill feelings for me now or ever. I don't have harsh feelings about you, just done with trying to get you to stabilize the nice way.

You can think you're not doing anything amiss but you can't keep ignoring a mod telling you and explaining it to you so many times. Your agreement isn't required.

(removed lengthy rule explanation)