Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

When brady was Howells age Howell wasn't even alive.

Hard pass on the guy who's going to be 46 when the season starts and has shown obvious decline as of late.

Did you guys watch the game last night?

Brady looked horrible against the same defense that Howell looked decent against and in his first ever start with almost no first team reps.

I don't know if Howell is the answer but I'm pretty damn sure brady is not.

This team desperately needs its own homegrown quarterback to get behind and if Howell isn't it we need to keep trying in the draft not hoping we can squeeze one more lemonade out of lemons that have squeezed to death.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

The only things we need to fix roster-wise are the OL and QB, and signing Brady takes care of one of those issues.  Use the draft and the rest of our FA dollars to bring in two new starting OLs and we are ready to go.

Maybe it's my BFS (Battered Fan Syndrome) but we'd be getting a shell of Brady. Time is undefeated and Brady threw 8 picks his final 7 games--and looked like CUH-RAP last night. He's 45, how much time does he have left? 

• Like 2

I am mostly with @Going Commando 's points, only disagreement for me is I am not optimistic Brady would want to come on just the prospect of Dan leaving, I think it would have to be the new owner on board and with a vision he can dig.

I share @Going Commando's optimism about the roster, too.  I do think its a good roster for a QB to take over after O line upgrades which I think are doable.   And while Dan is the worst as to being a good ambassador for this team -- Ron by most accounts is rock star level good on that front, he's one of the more likeable, trustworthy figures in the NFL.  Heck Rivera even got some national writers like Albert Breer, etc to carry his water to sell this team last off season but alas while Rivera has plenty of Luke in him, its not enough to override the idea that Darth Vadar is at the top.  

Every approach at QB works.  It's about finding a good QB.  Every veteran isn't the same, just like every draft pick isn't the same.  How about we tried it -- enough is enough with the draft, Shuler, Campbell, Haskins, RG3, Ramsey, and if I recall in addition to that we drafted about 7 QB from the 4th round down in the last 15 years or so -- so why be maschocists and try the draft again?   When will we learn that the draft just doesn't work?  Sorry about the sarcasm but I hate the this appproach or that approach doesn't work because of this or that player in the past.  Every approach can work.  The draft is ideal no doubt.  

But the "retread" approach has resulted in wins for 2 of the last 3 SB winners. For a franchise that is flagging and nationally irrelevant, Tom Brady would be unreal.  One of my closest friends, his son is a Patriots fan even though he has no ties to NE, just because of Brady.   They are about to put out a national movie with Oscar winning actresses focused on Tom Brady.  He's the Tom Cruise of the NFL.  We don't touch that level of star power-national relevance.  

In short, we are diehards here.  We can talk about Heinicke for hours.  But nationally, no one cares about this organization, its an after thought.   And yes that bothers me to be a fan of a decaying organization as to national relevance.  Young fans aren't signing up to root for this team.   Brady would give this team a short window into national relevance.  And I agree that he can win with this roster.  Tampa's running game was ranked dead last.  In Tom's off year, he still had about a 3:1 TD to INT ratio and threw for almost 5000 yards. 

Brady's "bad" season last year had him throw more yards than any season of a QB in Washington history aside from one year.   Having said that it would seem too surreal for Brady to come here where tough for me to see it happening.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thumb down 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

In Tom's off year, he still had about a 3:1 TD to INT ratio and threw for almost 5000 yards

Last year wentz had an almost 4 to 1 td to interception ratio and a winning record.

I clung to those things as my reason for optimism that he could succeed here and I was wrong.

If by some miracle they convince brady to come here I'll try to get behind it but I won't have too much faith that we'll get different results than what we always seem to get from these types of moves.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Last year wentz had an almost 4 to 1 td to interception ratio and a winning record.

I clung to those things as my reason for optimism that he could succeed here and I was wrong.

If by some miracle they convince brady to come here I'll try to get behind it but I won't have too much faith that we'll get different results than what we always seem to get from these types of moves.

Joe Gibbs fell in love with Jason Campbell as a player before the draft.  He went to scout Carols Rodgers but couldn't take his eyes off Campbell's arm and ability when he was watching him warm up.

How much does that impact me when I think about the next draft?  None.

Every player is different.

But to play along Carson Wentz as we documented here was the punch line of the NFL.  This team was mocked not celebrated for the Wentz trade.  

To say that Brady versus Wentz isn't apples to apples would be a wild understatement. 

And as for these are the type of moves this organization makes?  As if we've just tried veterans.  It's not been this case.  We've tried everything and we've tried everything many times.  It still doesn't impact how I think of the next move.

Overall, I am not in the go get a veteran move in the context of this season.  I'd ride with Howell.   But Brady would be different.  And as @Going Commando said today and I said something similar about a week or so ago, having Howell learn from the GOAT would be an invaluable experience.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Joe Gibbs fell in love with Jason Campbell as a player before the draft.  He went to scout Carols Rodgers but couldn't take his eyes off Campbell's arm and ability when he was watching him warm up.

How much does that impact me when I think about the next draft?  None.

Every player is different.

But to play along Carson Wentz as we documented here was the punch line of the NFL.  This team was mocked not celebrated for the Wentz trade.  

To say that Brady versus Wentz isn't apples to apples would be a wild understatement. 

And as for these are the type of moves this organization makes?  As if we've just tried veterans.  It's not been this case.  We've tried everything and we've tried everything many times.  It still doesn't impact how I think of the next move.

Overall, I am not in the go get a veteran move in the context of this season.  I'd ride with Howell.   But Brady would be different.  And as @Going Commando said today and I said something similar about a week or so ago, having Howell learn from the GOAT would be an invaluable experience.

Of course every player is different and every situation is different, making comparisons doesn't mean you're trying to say the situation is identical.

Brady will be 46 years old next year and that is ancient for an nfl player.

Is it possible it could be a successful move, absolutely but the combination of his age learning a new offense that the team is also trying to learn with a new offensive line leads me to believe it would be at best a temporary and mediocre solution and at worst a disaster. 

But hey I've been wrong before and part of me would be very intrigued by getting the best quarterback ever to play the game to suit up for us.

Options will expand as we move into the offseason.

I still don't think we have much of a shot at Lamar, but if you really want to run that 2-1 run ratio O and we have the available funds, there is little denial that he would be a horrifying addition. Nigh unstoppable as long as he is healthy. The length of time the window stays open w/ him is questionable at best tho, so it feels like a very "win now" kinda move, even tho he is gonna pull down a LTD.

This Brady things feels exactly like the Wilson and Watson pipe dreams from last year. People in here were managing to convince themselves that they'd come here despite all of the reasons they wouldn't, and then we found out later that we were never really even in the running.

If Brady doesn't retire I don't think there's any chance he'll come to the worst organization in football, and while it's in the process of upheaval no less. Sure, we have some talent on our roster, but so do other teams who actually have stable owner and coaching situations.

As for Lamar, if they can't get a deal done I assume the Ravens will non-exclusive tag him and then try to trade him for a haul. Would he be worth at least two 1sts (and probably more) plus a fully guaranteed 5 year $250+ million contract (he apparently declined a $250 million deal offer from the Ravens because it wasn't fully guaranteed)?

To me, no way. He's an electric athlete and could be a huge weapon, but running QBs have poor shelf lives and he's only a mediocre passer. Add to that some injury concerns and I'm very "meh" on that idea. With our luck he'd get here and blow out his knee within the first 3 games and never fully recover.

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 1/14/2023 at 3:57 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

I give volsmet a lot of credit for this. You may recall him.  He is someone who used to pose on draft thread who has relatives who worked in the Colts FO. I was ok with Haskins on first glance watching him in real time.  Volsmet pushed me to rewatch and focus on what he did which is how did Haskins plays when things didn't break right -- under pressure, making throws outside of his comfort zone which was shallow crossers (mesh routes).  So I spent s Saturday watching him before the draft, 5 games in a row, after doing that I was out.  Volsmet and I during that day's draft thread on draft day openly rooted for Haskins to be taken before our pick so we weren't saddled with him.

Howell impressed me much more watching him and I watched a lot of him as I did the top 6 QBs in that draft.  I had two concerns with Howell.  1.  Pocket presence.  He seemed to take sacks, some of which I felt were a function of peripheral vision issues and or lack of feel for pressure.   2. Does his mobility translate to the NFL?  He'd often run up the a gap and just blow by defenders like he was a RB. Wasn't sure if that style worked in the NFL.   What I liked about him is he made the most wicked tough throws, deep outs, go routes, deep corner routes, etc.   Also he was a tough SOB.  As far as my concerns his pocket presence remains TBD.  But I've seen enough that IMO his mobility translates.

Also Haskins (RIP) personality and work habits were red flagged.  I hoped that he turned a corner after his rookie season and Rivera said he thought he turned corner.  And that was my small window of optimism about Haskins.  But I soured again on him quickly in this 2nd season as the intangible issues resurfaced.  As for Howell, no red flags as far as intangibles.  He supposedly has a very flat personality but otherwise nice guy, hard worker. 

Did you watch Howell tape mostly from '21 or did you take any looks at '19 and '20 tape? I'm not a tape guy, as you know, I do understand there can be value in it, there are things that can be taken out of it obviously, I just think biases people bring in before looking and bring to bear while looking gradually turn it into white noise beyond the most obvious things that anyone can see (Mahomes technical virtuoisity, Montana's ability to throw soft perfectly placed balls, Barry Sanders having the twitchiest hips anyone's ever see, Payton and then AP 30 years later having explosion and strength virtually unparalleled etc, Rice being the smoothest route runner by orders of magnitude etc). But I am curious what Howell looked like when the roof wasn't falling on his head? I think players can be made to look bad when things simply aren't adequate, especially young players, its a natural habit, the world over, to force things when games and seasons aren't going your way that can be a product of youth and simply bad rosters/teammates etc.

As for Haskins, I was the height of simplicity with him. I didn't want Haskins, I preferred a trade up for Kyler, or a trade out for ammo to get Tua, or Herbert in '20 (Burrow wasn't a thing yet), but my #1 objective was that we didn't blow a mountain of capital trying to reach for Jones who in no way ever struck me as a franchise QB. A likely bust to me, and he was '19, '20 and '21, this year he was adequate thrower, and good within his system but I still do not believe he's anything more than a system based mediocrity. I was fine w/Haskins at slot if it meant we didn't trade away '20 and '21 and more '19 assets for Jones. Figured what the hell, 40/60, 50/50 prospect.

He failed horribly, the mental piece was obviously huge with him, lacked maturity, lacked the work habits and maybe lacked the skills. Truly unfortunate what happened to him. For me though, I liked that he was ejected quickly, I was just crushed that his selection meant we didn't address QB in the '20 class, that was just horrifying, and to an extent is why we didnt go after QB in '21 either (Ron just wanted it fixed with a vet). 

Hopefully Howell is the answer. Im cautiously optimistic that he can be a 10-15th guy, I actually think he does have 6th-10 upside too, but the smart, vegas style bet would still be that he's a nothing burger like Cary Conklin 30 years ago, and the flashes are meaningless. Odds are probably 25-40% that that is the truth, maybe as high as 50%. I just happen to think with his raw skills, he's bare minimum, a solid backup for multiple contracts w/a legit chance at becoming a league average to above average QB. Time will tell. 

Haskins always felt:

Explosive talent: 20%

Above Average: 10%

Average: 20%

Bust: 50%

Daniel Jones to me was more 40/60, Explosive Talent 20%, Average 20%, Bust 60%. 

On 1/14/2023 at 4:17 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

I was plugging Robinson.  Speaking for myself, I wasn't pushing elite.  I think he's very good potentially though.  And Keim saying an agent of an offensive coordinator specifically mentioned  Robinson as a reason he wants to come to this team.  It doesn't sound crazy to me albiet it might sound that way to some especially if they just saw him as a run of the mill power back and that's all.

The idea that Robinson is a chain mover, solid, etc but not mkuch beyond that -- I get it, seems to be based on physical stereotypes.  It sounds intuitive. I get the idea.  It makes sense.

But.....

If you watch the dude heavily which I did, he has surprising burst and good hands.  Yes, the dude is a big RB.  And to confuse matters even further when he played especially this season after his leg was riddled with bullets, he was slower.  He's said the same. So that even furthers the stereotype. 

I am not saying he's explosive.  He's not.  But he's not the other extreme either.  He's not just a physical chain moving RB.  He's somewhere in the middle of those two extremes.

You consider yourself a numbers-analytics guy.  Lets talk that.

For a dude who weighed almost 230 pounds.  How about this as to his last year in Alabama

A. 90.4 rushing score from PFF.  90s is their score for elite

B. Ran in the low 4.5s with an 8 plus RAS score

C, Just short of 300 receiving yards, good hands

D.  22 runs for 15 plus yards, one of the most numbers of explosive runs among the RBs in that draft, same as Breece Hall by the way

E.  Not just a power-gap runner, has almost a 90 score as a zone runner from PFF

So while i get the idea that the dude is just some big power chain moving dude, not much else.  I think you'll be surprised when you see the dude 100% next season.  He isn't Christain McCaffrey but he isn't purely a power plodding power back either.  Like I said he has more explosiveness than what we saw. And i am betting we will see when his leg can fully heel. 

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/brian-robinson-jr-alabama-rb-nfl-draft-scouting-report/

Robinson’s physicality is one of the defining characteristics of his game, but the Alabama RB still has more in his athletic toolbox. He has enough long-track explosiveness to press the edges and get outside. When he has space, he can elongate his strides and reach impressive speeds.

The Crimson Tide RB can accelerate through the second level and utilize small lanes, and he isn’t too upright as a runner. Lastly, Robinson effectively carries his momentum forward in space.

He's not a Perine and I didn't see him that way when we drafted him. My chief concerns were that he's not particularly elite at anything, he's an Alabama guy and those guys tend to get maxed out as the saying goes, so not any upside beyond what's there in his Alabama tape and #'s, and he's an overage prospect close to the RB age cliff (26 years old), and that Gibson was/is more talented. I still believe all that.

That being said, I do think he's a legit starter. He's not Ladell Betts, where we were just getting an obvious satellite/backup, and overdrafting him to boot. He's a guy you can plug in and he's fine. He aint winning you games, but you can turn your back and know he'll get the yards that are there, sometimes more, that his lineman and QB will love him, and that he can be counted on on passing downs too. He's solid at everything and reliable. 

I just think generally, you win with edge playing, difference making talents and he isn't one but this a league that will start freaking Jamaal Williams over D'Andre Swift over ruff ruff toughness issues etc. Like this happens all that time, and its fine. Gibson is exiting his prime, and about to hit the cliff, and Robinson came cheap. For a pick near 100 to get a startable everyday RB for 2022-2025 isn't bad at all, it just doesn't move the needle to me. I'd love that if I thought we had great difference makers all over, but I don't think we do, so for me, it's a bit of a problem. Otoh, the '22 RB class wasn't great either, it was awful, the '20 and '21 classes were the great ones, '22 and '23 not so much ('23 is deep, but other than Bijan, is filled with question marks), so getting the position taken care of now w/solid performers is fine, we don't have to waste any draft capital on a class that's also sketchy in '23, and we got Robinson mega cheap. Reasonable salary cap management for sure. Don't waste a ton of money on this position in FA or in draft capital and you can be just fine. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

This Brady things feels exactly like the Wilson and Watson pipe dreams from last year. People in here were managing to convince themselves that they'd come here despite all of the reasons they wouldn't, and then we found out later that we were never really even in the running.

Among other reasons I keep hearing Brady wants to go to a warm weather city which wouldn't include us.   Judging by media reports, the Raiders are all over it with Brady.

Do I think this is a better roster than the Raiders?  Heck yes.  Do I think a good to great QB can win a SB with this roster assuming O line upgrades?  Yes. 

But getting past that.

A. Vegas is the cooler city.

B.  Vegas has the better weather

C.  Vegas with state of the art facilites and stadium -- its like hanging in the Ritz versus our operation which is like hanging at Motel 6.

But if people are going to argue, meh Tom Brady, when are we going to learn to stop getting veterans like that -- to me to each their own but I find that laughable, even now at the end of his career.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, redskinss said:

Of course every player is different and every situation is different, making comparisons doesn't mean you're trying to say the situation is identical.

Brady will be 46 years old next year and that is ancient for an nfl player.

Is it possible it could be a successful move, absolutely but the combination of his age learning a new offense that the team is also trying to learn with a new offensive line leads me to believe it would be at best a temporary and mediocre solution and at worst a disaster. 

But hey I've been wrong before and part of me would be very intrigued by getting the best quarterback ever to play the game to suit up for us.

I don't see any Wentz parallels that you brought up.    As for mediocre, you mean. at best 8-8-1 something like that if he were here?

Ranked 7th this year via PFF, almost 5000 yards passing, and that's with the worst running game in the league -- not the best running game in the league that Wentz had in Indy.  

I do think we are wasting our time arguing this though, I think almost zero chance Brady wants to come here.  But on the wild off chance he did, no way its a hard pass for me. 

Aside from I think he could be the dude to help this roster take the next step while grooming Howell, I think he gives this franchise some very rare relevance.   It's a quirky thing of mine but I had how no one gives a rats behind about this franchise.  It's gone from flagship to oblivion.   Dan's legacy. 

As for the been there and done that which some suggest.  Don't get that.  We don't major in Hall of the Fame Qbs at the tail end of their career.  Mark Brunell at the end of his career isn't apples to apples to someone like Brady.  Totally different planets. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I don't see any Wentz parallels that you brought up

Touchdown to interception ratio was one, win loss record was another, but you're right, Wentz absolutely does not have the resume that Brady does and they are not the same person.

You are also correct in that we have not brought in a sure fire hall of fame greatest of all time quarterback at the end of his career, but we have brought in several who have had great careers and their careers came here to die.

Brunell being one, Alex Smith and Donovan McNabb being a couple others.

All the detractors are saying is that although brady was once the best ever and that's almost un-debatable he's now 46 and will most likely end up like the rest we have brought in because the end comes for us all even the greatest to ever play the position. 

49 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

He's not a Perine and I didn't see him that way when we drafted him. My chief concerns were that he's not particularly elite at anything, he's an Alabama guy and those guys tend to get maxed out as the saying goes, so not any upside beyond what's there in his Alabama tape and #'s, and he's an overage prospect close to the RB age cliff (26 years old), and that Gibson was/is more talented. I still believe all that.

That being said, I do think he's a legit starter. He's not Ladell Betts, where we were just getting an obvious satellite/backup, and overdrafting him to boot. He's a guy you can plug in and he's fine. He aint winning you games, but you can turn your back and know he'll get the yards that are there, sometimes more, that his lineman and QB will love him, and that he can be counted on on passing downs too. He's solid at everything and reliable. 

I just think generally, you win with edge playing, difference making talents and he isn't one but this a league that will start freaking Jamaal Williams over D'Andre Swift over ruff ruff toughness issues etc. Like this happens all that time, and its fine. Gibson is exiting his prime, and about to hit the cliff, and Robinson came cheap. For a pick near 100 to get a startable everyday RB for 2022-2025 isn't bad at all, it just doesn't move the needle to me. I'd love that if I thought we had great difference makers all over, but I don't think we do, so for me, it's a bit of a problem. Otoh, the '22 RB class wasn't great either, it was awful, the '20 and '21 classes were the great ones, '22 and '23 not so much ('23 is deep, but other than Bijan, is filled with question marks), so getting the position taken care of now w/solid performers is fine, we don't have to waste any draft capital on a class that's also sketchy in '23, and we got Robinson mega cheap. Reasonable salary cap management for sure. Don't waste a ton of money on this position in FA or in draft capital and you can be just fine. 

Robinson doesn't have a lot of mileage from college, more than 1000 less carries than N. Harris had for example.

To my eyes, he looked better in college than a thumper RB.  The thumper thought IMO is driven by that's what he looks like and yeah he's good in the short yardage situations. 

My thing about Robinson I think ironically plays into what you love numbers-analytics.   And the numbers I shared backed my eyes big time.

The one and only athletic gift I have is speed and when I felt banged up (no pun intended) it would effect it.   I know the feeling from first hand experience.  I can just imagine having my leg riddled with bullets like Robinson.  Robinson said he wasn't quite himself but got closer to it as the season progressed.

and the dude was still pretty good even though he was playing against stacked boxes.  So when Keim said one agent of an offensive coordinator told him the coordinator specifically mentioned Robinson as a reason why he'd be jazzed to work there, didn't sound wild to me at all.  Makes sense.  But will see.

• Like 3

If you were to force me to choose between Brady and Lamar, no other options, had to pick one… I’d pick Lamar 10 times out of 10 for this team. 

You still need to improve the OL, but it’s less important because Lamar does Lamar things. 

Brady is a statue, he’s aging rapidly (he’s 45, so… rapidly slowly?)

I would never count Brady out of anything. But I don’t want to see if he still has it on this roster.

No thanks. 

People were beside themselves with Wentz lack of mobility… Brady has less. Now, he can manipulate protections and would be excellent for teaching the OL adjustments and detailing the defensive gameplan.

But I give it 2-3 weeks before people are upset we signed a statue. 

I can see why they’d do it. Sell tickets. Push towards, at the very least, more mediocrity. Mentor for Howell. Goat…

But… no thanks.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Touchdown to interception ratio was one, win loss record was another, but you're right, Wentz absolutely does not have the resume that Brady does and they are not the same person.

You are also correct in that we have not brought in a sure fire hall of fame greatest of all time quarterback at the end of his career, but we have brought in several who have had great careers and their careers came here to die.

Brunell being one, Alex Smith and Donovan McNabb being a couple others.

All the detractors are saying is that although brady was once the best ever and that's almost un-debatable he's now 46 and will most likely end up like the rest we have brought in because the end comes for us all even the greatest to ever play the position. 

I disagree as to the great careers line.  They had good careers and just borderline good at that.   Brunell wasn't playing that hot before they got him.  Some talk that he would have been released but Gibbs was anxious to get him.  McNabb ended his career with a 59% completion rate and never throwing 4000 yards even one season.  

Alex was genuinely good at KC.  And heck I am not even a big Alex guy but he was good enough to go 11-5.  Not a disaster.  Injuries happen.

As for Brady being spent. Could be.  Same thought is what helped Tampa land him with no competition not that long ago.  I wouldn't bet against him.   But will see. 

The odds of him wanting to come here though will be close to zero.   I recall my wife (not a Commanders fan) saying when she saw Adrian Peterson donning the Washington uniform, that it was weird seeing a legend like that playing for Washington, it doesn't seem to fit.  I know what she meant, that's for the rest of the NFL who do national stars that's not a Washington thing. 

Don't get me wrong, star power means nothing to me if the dude can't play, but i think Brady likely has another 1-2 years left and seeing him wearing a Washington uniform would feel nothing to me like Mark Brunell or name that other veteran all over again. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

People were beside themselves with Wentz lack of mobility… Brady has less. Now, he can manipulate protections and would be excellent for teaching the OL adjustments and detailing the defensive gameplan.

I couldn't stand Wentz's lack of mobility because of the fact that his accuracy sucks so I am not buying the pocket passer ticket for Wentz's career.

Speaking for myself, I ironically said if he were someone like Brady, i'd be fine with it, but he's not.

But I think its a wasted time debate. 

To me if feels like  us being the lifetime nerds who can't get a girl to say hello to us, saying heck no if Christie Brinkley knocks at our door and wants to date us because she is declining.  To each their own on that but my take is Christie Brinkley is laughing at the mere idea of dating us -- let alone us saying heck no Christie walk away, we don't want you.    :D

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I couldn't stand Wentz's lack of mobility because of the fact that his accuracy sucks so I am not buying the pocket passer ticket for Wentz's career.

Speaking for myself, I ironically said if he were someone like Brady, i'd be fine with it, but he's not.

But I think its a wasted time debate. 

To me if feels like  us being the lifetime nerds who can't get a girl to say hello to us, saying heck no if Christie Brinkley knocks at our door and wants to date us because she is declining.  To each their own on that but my take is Christie Brinkley is laughing at the mere idea of dating us -- let alone us saying heck no Christie walk away, we don't want you.    :D

Agree he would have zero desire to be here. Disagree with the beautiful woman = Tom Brady analogy.

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Agree he would have zero desire to be here. Disagree with the beautiful woman = Tom Brady analogy.

The beautiful woman analogy is that we aren't the ones with the leverage to be picky, Brady is the one who can be picky.  Yes even now.  

And considering the stories about QBs not wanting to come here that Standig reported, yeah I do think we are like the class nerds who are basically lucky to get a girl to say hello to us -- let alone reject the women. 

I am ok with running with Howell.  But yeah if Brady knocks on my door if I am Washington, I am letting him in.  But he won't.

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The beautiful woman analogy is that we aren't the ones with the leverage to be picky, Brady is the one who can be picky.  Yes even now.  

And considering the stories about QBs not wanting to come here that Standig reported, yeah I do think we are like the class nerds who are basically lucky to get a girl to say hello to us -- let alone reject the women. 

I am ok with running with Howell.  But yeah if Brady knocks on my door if I am Washington, I am letting him in.  But he won't.

I’m not. I’m looking for the hidden camera. It’s either a morbid joke or he’s totally shot.

12 minutes ago, KDawg said:

If you were to force me to choose between Brady and Lamar, no other options, had to pick one… I’d pick Lamar 10 times out of 10 for this team. 

You still need to improve the OL, but it’s less important because Lamar does Lamar things. 

Brady is a statue, he’s aging rapidly (he’s 45, so… rapidly slowly?)

I would never count Brady out of anything. But I don’t want to see if he still has it on this roster.

No thanks. 

But I give it 2-3 weeks before people are upset we signed a statue. 

I can see why they’d do it. Sell tickets. Push towards, at the very least, more mediocrity. Mentor for Howell. Goat…

But… no thanks.

Yeah I'd absolutely take Lamar over Brady, all things being nearly equal. But Lamar at two or three 1st round picks + a fully guaranteed 5 year $250+ million dollar contract is a no go for me. I just don't trust that he'll still be the same guy in a year or two if he loses a step or gets injured again (or if the current injury becomes a nagging one), because he's not all that great as a pure passer.

If it's that or Brady as a $20-25 million rental for one year, I'd definitely take Brady.

Though this is all just a thought exercise since there's pretty much no chance Brady will want to come here, even if he doesn't retire. I doubt Lamar would either.