Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, The Consigliere said:

Or we could take the guy that required five years to do what Maye did in his first. 

Or Drake could be a product of Longo’s system like Howell…

regressed mightily this season 

59 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'll take bets now if they take Drake Maye he's not sitting out the season.

He's IMO much more ready than his critics think.  Will see. 

I dont think you get better by sitting anyway. Dude needs experience you dont get that watching Mariota of all people. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

We will know for certain in the next 3 years. 

Best case scenario is for him in Minnesota with KOC coaching, Jefferson and Addison at WR. But he will be a bust there too. 

Don’t get me wrong, he will flash then get a season ending injury and rinse and repeat. It won’t be an instant bust situation like Bryce Young. More like Justin Fields. 

Origins and Uses of the Crystal Ball

12 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

As long as the pick is not Daniels I’m happy.

I never liked the guy but that checked bag move really pissed me off. I used to travel a ton for work and when I had to wait for a coworker to get their bag from baggage claim for an overnight trip I wanted to explode. It’s near the top of my list of what I consider antisocial psychotic behavior with no regard to others in society. You travel domestic for under a week and you are male, you can only have a carry on. Period. 

Gotta say, you learned me something here lol. Then again, I've never worked in any fields where I was flying anywhere. I've always checked bags, but I only fly on holiday, but I wonder if that's an error it's easy to make, or something everyone should know? I definitely didn't know about it until Cowherd referenced never bringing checked bags ever. 

• Thumb up 1

16 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

I wonder if this is connected to DraftKings taking Maye off the board. Starting to get paranoid that nobody really has a clue, and the market could shift dramatically with sharp money at any second for or against Drake. I am surprised they didn't take both Daniels and Maye off though. Or just plug Daniels into an o/u 3.5 bet, but then again everyone would take the under and they'd get smashed. Crazy times. 

Not saying I put any stock in all this, but playing out the hypothetical. If Daniels is the betting favorite and they had a reason to believe it wasn't going to be him, it would seem the last thing a betting site would want to do is take him off the board. 

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I listen to just about every Kiper podcast, watch and consume sometimes hours every day just draft talk-gossip.  I saw the segment the other day with ESPN posted here, he didn't seem angry.  Is there a new one?  It's odd for him to snap on that subject considering he's high on Maye.  But agree if all of a sudden he gets angry on the subject that's a weird turn for him because I've seen him say before as recent as this week a variation of its different strokes for different folks at QB.

But at least previously before Kiper I guess very uncharastically snapped? I never got the sense that these guys are angry about it should be Daniels with some exceptions like Chris Simms who comes off like a clown on the subject as I've mentioned.

There are some who track who goes to whom in mocks, aggregate all the data, and Maye is still a more popular choice at #2 to this team than Daneils but its close.

And iits definitely more than just ESPN guys that prefer Daniels.  And some ESPN guys like Jason Reid prefer Maye and gals like Mia Kimes.   In the ESPN article the other day they had an agent pick Maye at #2 to this team.

Just like the Athletic are not all into Maye.  Randy Mueller works for the Athletic and blasted Maye even worse than Chris Simms.  It was the Athletic that posted an article during the combine that surveying front office people more like Daniels so they think Washington might take Daniels.

Field Yates from ESPN who maybe is the biggest Daniels fanboy and has been that way pretty early is really high on Maye too and likes to say whomever gets Maye isn't getting a consolation prize, because he's good too.

I don't find any of these guys saying they know who Washington will take.    The closest to being that definitive with Peter Schrager and even he couched it and said he's close with Kingsbury but Kingsbury hasn't told him a word.

The problem with 11 is that the top 2 WR's are definitely gone and at least one and possibly two OL's. It's too big of a drop. Arizona shouldn't trade down from 4, they should trade down from the Texans pick (unless they want an OL). 

10 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

Gotta say, you learned me something here lol. Then again, I've never worked in any fields where I was flying anywhere. I've always checked bags, but I only fly on holiday, but I wonder if that's an error it's easy to make, or something everyone should know? I definitely didn't know about it until Cowherd referenced never bringing checked bags ever. 

Yeah sorry, no way I'm telling my wife about this rule before our next short cruise or Disney trip. I need stuffs. The Costco packs of Oreos take up a lot of room.

Edited by Dah-Dee
  • Haha 1

KEIM INTERVIEW WITH JP ON 106.7.

Rough Notes:

Predraft presser later today with AP possibly others, will be a lot of questions about Commanders process

Keim on tweet from agent— 

At this point so far along in process tweet won’t affect Commanders choice

By now they know if they trust jd the player and jd the person. 

How they get along with agent has no bearing on their decision and shouldn’t.

The team has all the power.  

The agent should have done any complaining behind the scenes but Commanders won’t allow it to impact the qb they choose.

On top golf event— around the league not considered strange, done by other teams in past, this may be first time top 4 qbs went together to one if these. jd’s agent not ready for it, didn’t prepare his client perhaps, don’t;t know if its good or bad, will depend on final result ie who they draft and how well they play, won’t know fir awhile if it’s the right process or not.

On what he’s hearing around the league

—Jayden Daniels just stands out. Drake Maye good too, but Daniels better with release, progressions, using legs as a weapon, it just separates him from Drake. He’s a passer first that can run when needed. much Better passer than Lamar was coming in. the Worry about Daniels is frame and can he protect himself. Keep hearing a lot of the right things about him. Every defensive coordinator I spoke with would kill to get him. Also Jayden Daniels can improve beyond where he is now with good coaching.

Maye’s best argument is if he improves footwork, and reading defenses and they think he might be better than Jayden in 5 years. But today most think Jayden is definitely superior, some say not close.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

I avoid checked bags whenever I can on short trips, too.  But with Jayden i don't know if he was coming from another trip where he's combing them all.  He's been all over town.

6 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

The problem with 11 is that the top 2 WR's are definitely gone and at least one and possibly two OL's. It's too big of a drop. Arizona shouldn't trade down from 4, they should trade down from the Texans pick (unless they want an OL). 

Agree made the same point earlier this morning here.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Fred Jones said:

I have to give GMAP a lot of credit.  If you listen to the media talk:

Media doesn't like a front office that doesn't give them anything.... fine by me :)

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

100% please do. 

There is an arc that needs to take place. It’s certain to take place but until it does it’s not proven. Like cicadas will emerge this year. You could have said that cicada will merge 5 years ago in 2024 and you would be certain but until they actually emerged you wouldn’t have definite proof. Jayden being a bust is not uncertain. It just needs the corroborating evidence to finalize it. 

You are such a troll lol. I respect it

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

KEIM INTERVIEW WITH JP ON 106.7.

Rough Notes:

Predraft presser later today with AP possibly others, will be a lot of questions about Commanders process

Keim on tweet from agent— 

At this point so far along in process tweet won’t affect Commanders choice

By now they know if they trust jd the player and jd the person. 

How they get along with agent has no bearing on their decision and shouldn’t.

The team has all the power.  

The agent should have done any complaining behind the scenes but Commanders won’t allow it to impact the qb they choose.

On top golf event— around the league not considered strange, done by other teams in past, this may be first time top 4 qbs went together to one if these. jd’s agent not ready for it, didn’t prepare his client perhaps, don’t;t know if its good or bad, will depend on final result ie who they draft and how well they play, won’t know fir awhile if it’s the right process or not.

On what he’s hearing around the league

—Jayden Daniels just stands out. Drake Maye good too, but Daniels better with release, progressions, using legs as a weapon, it just separates him from Drake. He’s a passer first that can run when needed. much Better passer than Lamar was coming in. the Worry about Daniels is frame and can he protect himself. Keep hearing a lot of the right things about him. Every defensive coordinator I spoke with would kill to get him. Also Jayden Daniels can improve beyond where he is now with good coaching.

Maye’s best argument is if he improves footwork, and reading defenses and they think he might be better than Jayden in 5 years. But today most think Jayden is definitely superior, some say not close.

Good and accurate summary. You left out that JP and BMitch need to learn how to let their guests finish speaking before talking over them.

Now that Keim is done....radio stream goes off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

Yeah sorry, no way I'm telling my wife about this rule before our next cruise or Disney trip. I need stuffs. The Costco packs of Oreos take up a lot of room.

Family trips and traveling with women are the exception.

A guy traveling on a business related trip that is under 3 days is unacceptable to check a bag. First, if you traveling with coworkers you are keeping everyone from the pre dinner ****tails.

Second bags get lost quite often, they eventually get found but you end up finding a mall with a men’s warehouse so your coworker can buy slacks and a sport coat for the am meeting far too often.

Third, you limit your travel flexibility. If you check bags and the flight is delayed you are stuck in that flight. With a carry on you can switch to an earlier flight at the gate or go through another city to get you there sooner. 

Bottom line as a man you have to carry on for business unless you need product samples or something large for the meeting. Oreos for the hotel room don’t count. 

• Like 1

Finlay was talking today about talking to Peters and Peters said he's barely seen his wife-kids and justs works until he goes to sleep rinse and repeat.

I mentioned I heard from one of the beat guys forgetting whom that Quinn is coming into the building 5 am ish every morning.

I know Kingsbury has that same reputation.

Mind you i don't think these guys have put in the time that we have on this thread on the QBs.  I've been spending time on and off for months.  I watched a full 3 hours of both players on the weekend.  😎. Our work here will be impossible for the Washington brass to match.

But they might at least approach our acumen and the time and energy we put into this.  Too bad those suckers in the FO, don't just call us and ask what to do?  Time management is a superpower, its a lesson I gather Peters has to learn the hard way. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, frontline205 said:

do I put their rebuttal here. They’re doubling down and clowning Drake Maye and Adam Peters

I really can't stand Florio or Simms. So unprofessional. They really do look like a couple of clowns.

Edited by Commander20180
spelling
  • Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

It's simple really, if we know that NE is out on McCarthy and we want him, why not try to see if we can bait them into moving up one spot by bluffing that we want Daniels or Maye? It's just maximizing more out of having the #2 pick. I understand what you're saying, don't fool around and possibly lose who we want but that's what Peters would have to be sure would not happen. If you absolutely know that you're taking someone who NE will not then why not try an entice them into giving you another pick to move up one spot? 

But, to your point, if we're going Daniels or Maye it's more risky to fool around with dealing the pick. 

Now I'm reading where NE is open to trading back so I'll bet that happens....need to fill more holes than just QB and must not be in love with Maye or Daniels. 

28 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

I travel a LOT. Never ever check bags. Ever. I have done 3 week trips to the Middle East coming back via India with a roll on and backpack. Hotels do laundry ...

It's taken me about 20 years to get my wife to understand this when we travel on vacation  - but I got there and I take my wins where I get them. 

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Just now, MartinC said:

I travel a LOT. Never ever check bags. Ever. I have done 3 week trips to the Middle East coming back via India with a roll on and backpack. Hotels do laundry ...

It's taken me about 20 years to get my wife to understand this when we travel on vacation  - but I got there and I take my wins where I get them. 

You are a better man than me. I can’t get my wife into a carry on for even an overnight trip. The one time I did for Vegas and she ended up buying so much stuff at the mall we had to buy a bag to check for the new stuff. 

• Haha 2

Just now, MartinC said:

When I traveled fro work I did the same. 17 days in China and did not check. I did the around the world tour gonigf to CHina first, then India, then back home. gone almost a month and did not check. Luggage gets lost, schedules change, timing between different types of transportation can be tight. Just learned it's best to go light when traveling for work. Did that for 20+ yrs. 

I have to confess now that I am mostly traveling for fun I take what I want. 🙂  

• Like 4