Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

10 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

This was a nuclear level bomb his camp dropped, incinerating all bridges. It’s over

When you pick a side you sure don't **** around do ya, you dive head first with no regard for the possibility of being wrong.

When you're right it's genius but when you're wrong you look like this guy.

fail-like-this-epic-fail.gif.73e0634ab0c5cf1438948ae8ce044357.gif

• Haha 7
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

It’s a declaration that Daniels is not Washington’s pick. My personal guess is that Maye’s camp dropped some news through an agent and word spread and Daniels’ agent wanted to do damage control. Alternatively, as many speculated he’s trying to play for another team. Regardless of which scenario, it’s over for Daniels being the pick. This was a nuclear level bomb his camp dropped, incinerating all bridges. It’s over. 

IMO you are reading way too much into this. It's more a firecracker than a nuclear bomb.

It means close to zero in terms of what we do in the draft in my view.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MartinC said:

IMO you are reading way too much into this. It's more a firecracker than a nuclear bomb.

Some in the media agree closer to my take where it is on the spectrum.

• Like 2

Just now, MartinC said:

I will say this, there is usually some follow up in the news cycle window by now so the silence from everyone (JD's camp, media members, team officials) at this point seems a little odd. Pretty odd tactic by them as JD's camp could have let Commies know their preferences privately w/out making said agent and his client look like boobs. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DogofWar1 said:

Never attribute to malice what may be adequately attributed to stupidity.

If Jayden hired an idiot for an agent, his first act as a professional, then his lack of judgement is a factor in play. 

An agent is an extension of the client. He is representing Jayden’s views and interests. It’s the same as JD saying it. 

This is a disqualifying event. He should be off the board and likely was and this was his camp’s response to Maye being the pick. 

• Like 2

Anybody know if JD even plays golf? Maybe he got frustrated hitting burners and whiffing while Maye was crushing it off the tee lol

All I can think about is Keim having Clyde Christenson on who raved about how everything in the Maye family is a competition and him going on and on about Drake on the golf course and not giving 6 inch putts to his brother. Maybe that unnerved JD haha

For the serious folks out there, I’m completely joking. Hopefully they had left handed clubs for Penix 😅

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

You can never be sure of what any other team will do.  If we like them both 1000000% the same, fine you can entertain a trade.  But if there's any preference no matter how slight and no matter how confident you are in what the Pats are doing, you can't make that trade.

If the Pats lie and take your guy, what's the recourse?  There is none.  You can't fashion a contract for them to pick so and so guaranteed, it's all words.

Sure you want your front office to be trustworthy and so maybe there's some value in not being complete jerks but like, I think if you think it'll get you chances at the Superbowl you absolutely lie about it.  No one is gonna call the Pats out for being untrustworthy if the guy they picked out from under us at 2 gives them 12+ years if success.  Heck they'll be lauded for it.  Called geniuses.

We control our own destiny, don't give that away for like a 3rd rounder.

Yeah, landing a franchise qb that puts you in the contender group covers a multitude of sins.  With that said, doing something that shady can absolutely cause trust issues, and not just with Washington, but any team that wants to do business with you, not to mention (potentially) players/agents.  And the NFL is a relatively small circle of people.

14 minutes ago, redskinss said:

When you pick a side you sure don't **** around do ya, you dive head first with no regard for the possibility of being wrong.

When you're right it's genius but when you're wrong you look like this guy.

fail-like-this-epic-fail.gif.73e0634ab0c5cf1438948ae8ce044357.gif

I tried being wrong once. It wasn’t for me. So I stopped. 

• Haha 1

Jeremiah said that his own experience has taught him that hosting the QB prospects that way might allow a franchise's owner to meet all of them in one day.” 

https://www.nfl.com/news/2024-nfl-draft-five-takeaways-from-daniel-jeremiah-s-conference-call

Groundbreaking stuff from DJ for those that haven’t seen it. Really wish I had his experience so I could pass on nuggets like this one. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, moondog said:

Jeremiah said that his own experience has taught him that hosting the QB prospects that way might allow a franchise's owner to meet all of them in one day.” 

https://www.nfl.com/news/2024-nfl-draft-five-takeaways-from-daniel-jeremiah-s-conference-call

Groundbreaking stuff from DJ for those that haven’t seen it. Really wish I had his experience so I could pass on nuggets like this one. 

Feel like Kiem basically confirmed this on his podcast too. Ill see if I can find it. 

1 hour ago, Fred Jones said:

I don't understand the logic of trading with NE.  If Maye is our guy, we are going to pick Maye with the #2 pick in the draft.  If Daniels is our guy, we pick him.

It's simple really, if we know that NE is out on McCarthy and we want him, why not try to see if we can bait them into moving up one spot by bluffing that we want Daniels or Maye? It's just maximizing more out of having the #2 pick. I understand what you're saying, don't fool around and possibly lose who we want but that's what Peters would have to be sure would not happen. If you absolutely know that you're taking someone who NE will not then why not try an entice them into giving you another pick to move up one spot? 

But, to your point, if we're going Daniels or Maye it's more risky to fool around with dealing the pick. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Mayes mechanics are enough of an issue that it caused his accuracy to be considered a weakness. Which is the reason he isn’t the slam dunk #2 pick.

if I’m investing in him I’d want to commit to fixing that issue and make him the QB he can be for the future rather than throwing him out there and hoping he could fix stuff in his spare time.

Daniels doesn’t need to sit to learn how to throw the ball over the middle. He needs to play to get better at that.

I get why people argue to start him from day 1, if we sit him till Halloween, it wouldn't bother me any, I suspect we need another two quality draft hauls after this one to turn this thing around, flushing September/October down the toilet for the '25 class is fine w/me, but I know I'm a weirdo compared to most on the subject of tanking. I'll take multiple ---- years without a second thought if it staunches the bleeding from 31 years of misery. I can do 2 or 3 more easy if I know the architect can actually build with the assets we provide him through tanking. 

• Thumb up 1

17 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

An agent is an extension of the client. He is representing Jayden’s views and interests. It’s the same as JD saying it. 

This is a disqualifying event. He should be off the board and likely was and this was his camp’s response to Maye being the pick. 

You are WAY out there on this. I lean to Maye but you are so far out there against Jayden I have to ask if he ran over your dog?

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, The Consigliere said:

I get why people argue to start him from day 1, if we sit him till Halloween, it wouldn't bother me any, I suspect we need another two quality draft hauls after this one to turn this thing around, flushing September/October down the toilet for the '25 class is fine w/me, but I know I'm a weirdo compared to most on the subject of tanking. I'll take multiple ---- years without a second thought if it staunches the bleeding from 31 years of misery. I can do 2 or 3 more easy if I know the architect can actually build with the assets we provide him through tanking. 

As long as it's not a Sixers-style (uh oh) "Trust the (10 year long) process."

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Now THIS is actually kinda weird if the report is true.

Like I get time is short and valuable but if the Vikings want to send 11, 23, and 3 future firsts for your guy then he's gonna go.  They are in striking distance so it seems presumptuous to me to be hesitant to meet, esp now if any back tracking was involved in their camp.  You only deny a team in the top 20 a visit if you've got hard guarantees and based on this correction seems like they don't have guarantees.

Sloppy.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Feel like Kiem basically confirmed this on his podcast too. Ill see if I can find it. 

It’s confirmed they took penix, JD, JJ and Maye to top golf. I’m just making a joke about Daniel Jeremiah saying his experience tells him this construct may allow an owner to meet all the prospects in a single day. 

As in, no **** dude. All four prospects being in town at the same time allowing someone to meet them all in a day? Earth shattering news there lol Who edits these articles anyway?

• Like 1

This Get Up video is topical and gets heated.

Here’s what’s inside:

1. Details on yesterdays visit

2. Kim Martin will be at the Commanders war room during the draft for live coverage.

3. Trade back is on the table if they want it. Penix will be the likely target.

4. No decision, may be a major difference of opinion inside the leadership

5. DQ wants to see how the rookies carry themselves in a group dynamic to help with decision

6. Some may want McCarthey but Daniels and Quinn are likely the big debate.

7. Video cuts out early after about 9 minutes— Schefter never talks, but it was the only video I could find.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2