Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

21 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Daniels interview is good. He is an easy going relaxed dude. Not gonna get rah rah from him I dont think. I hope some of what happens in our meetings with him leaks. It wont going by what has happened so far. But I would love to hear anything at this point. 

Personality wise he's billed as chilled and shy.  So definitely not rah rah

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

He has a quick release and he moves really fluidly and effortlessly. Aaron Rodgers-esque.

Need to see the down the middle of the field line drive type throws though. We already know his deep ball is good.

Warhead you keep talking like that and I might end up in the hospital.

Getting so excited and at the same time frustrated that I can't see it until 8pm that my heart is pumping like a steam locomotive.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Spoiler - the house comes with two older teenage boys. No give backs. 

Oh, I don’t want the house. I want the rights to it. Leverage… :ols:

• Haha 1

Ok- I probably should have watched the pro day before I speculated but  watching it I will say that he definitely looks like he put on good weight. His legs are noticeably bigger and more muscular. I’m not sure if he can keep it on, or what he played at, but it’s a good sign.

Edited by seantaylor=god
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Yeah he looks up close better than that initial 210 number looked.  Still moderately worried there's some funny biz going on but less so than earlier.

Lower throws look like they have some zip, someone go get a radar run pls

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dexter said:

I'm sorry but that is laughable...

Drake Maye looks like a project to me....he's not polished at all.  He throws a wobbly ball, throws off his back foot consistently, is extremely inaccurate unless he's throwing a 5 yard hitch and has no poise in the pocket.  If he were 6'1 he would be a Day 3 QB.  

His Virginia film is sooooo bad it's hard to watch....Duke is hard to watch.

Joe Milton is the cross between Bledsoe and Allen.

Drake Maye is a cross between Jordan Love and Kenny Pickett

Watch Joe Milton vs Bama and Florida and then try to stomach Drake Maye against Virginia, Clemson or Duke.  

Maybe scouting Pickleball players is more your speed?  

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

haven’t read all pages, did anyone address wtf is going on with his elbow in this pic? 

He very clearly has that disease where human penises, complete with scrotum, grow out of his elbow. It’s alarming. There has never been, in the history of the NFL, a successful quarterback with a penis and scrotum growing out of his elbow.

edit: Yes, I’m aware that Fran Tarkenton has a vagina on his NON-THROWING shoulder. This is very different.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

He very clearly has that disease where human penises, complete with scrotum, grow out of his elbow. It’s alarming. There has never been, in the history of the NFL, a successful quarterback with a penis and scrotum growing out of his elbow.

edit: Yes, I’m aware that Fran Tarkenton has a vagina on his NON-THROWING shoulder. This is very different.

Well what about Jeff George, smarty pants? He was fairly successful and unanimously acclaimed as a giant ****head. 

10 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

Daniels checked most the boxes today. I believe Maye pro day is much more important. He is billed up having a big arm and I want to see it. Without the big arm I don’t think he’s the prospect most build him up to be.

Most likely will not be using his WR's since they cannot catch? 

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Oh boy. Doctors are now weighing in on Daniels elbow. LMAO.

Hence the long sleeve shirt today and the reason he didnt run, obviously would have thrown off his balance.

Joking aside, wonder how long ago that photo was taken? and whatever it is, it sure didnt seem to effect his throwing today.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

Daniels checked most the boxes today. I believe Maye pro day is much more important. He is billed up having a big arm and I want to see it. Without the big arm I don’t think he’s the prospect most build him up to be.

I mean, he checked boxes that we mostly knew already: good arm, but not a howitzer. Pretty smooth footwork, quick release. This is why I don't pay a whole lot of attention to throwing on pro days one way or the other. The throws on film are more important than what a guy does in shorts under ideal conditions. The same goes for Maye tomorrow.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

You can’t see that Maye has a strong arm from all the games on YouTube?

• Like 3

Just now, KDawg said:

You can’t see that Maye has a strong arm from all the games on YouTube?

The games dont matter, its all about the shorts and t shirt drills. Thats how you get a sense of how good a QB is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4