Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

6 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Seriously though, it's encouraging to see him check out at nearly 6’4” and 210 pounds. Even if 210 is on the higher end, it’s a goal worth aiming for, and it seems like something he can achieve in the future. 210 pounds is more than sufficient to play QB

This is a measured, sensible, and positive way to assess the data available to us.

It's a position I can agree with and adopt, without feeling like I'm allowing my internal bias towards Daniels to influence my objectivity.

Trophy emoji earned and enthusiastically given.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1

Just now, FootballZombie said:

Weight don't change my plans one iota.

Even if he could sustain a playing weight well above 200 he still gets a shotgun date with the broadside of a slide coach in my book.

I'm sure the Pats will budget to hire one for him.

15 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Some of you people are killing me. You act like the guy couldn't be working with elite nutrition and fitness people to work with him during this process. Smfh

He has been at two elite schools with advanced nutrition and sports science programs for the past 5 years. His weight gain most likely came in an IV bag. 

The weight gain just like the draft pick that will be used on him will soon go down the toilet. 

Just now, DogofWar1 said:

Also my guess of 209 was pretty spot on.

But I guessed 209 and running...

I think the real guess now is what was his actual playing weight during the season? I'm going with somewhere between 190 and 195.

Edited by mistertim

23 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

Herm told him to run at ASU, Herm said this publicly. I like that he showed the ability to protect himself better the second half of last season.

I will agree with this. He definitely made it a point to use the sideline to his advantage later in the season last year. I dont hate Daniels. In fact he will be exciting as hell to watch. The question is for how long? I prefer Maye for his ideal size and age. Where will Maye be 2 years from now when he is Daniels age? Which one of Daniels/Maye has more room for growth? To me that is Maye. By a wide margin. But I will cheer my butt off for Daniels if he is the guy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

He has been at two elite schools with advanced nutrition and sports science programs for the past 5 years. His weight gain most likely came in an IV bag. 

The weight gain just like the draft pick that will be used on him will soon go down the toilet. 

People have different philosophies, hus agent could have put him in contact with someone who had a different plan in mind than the coaches/staff at LSU. 

We simply don't know, that's why Peters and Quinn are in place to ask the right questions and figure things out. They may ultimately go in a different direction, we'll see. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

9 3/8ths is fine for hand size. Not gonna worry about that. But the site I was using pre draft was correct about that. And they had him at 190 pounds playing weight. Who knows at this point.

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

...I will cheer my butt off for Daniels if he is the guy.

That is the mark of a true fan! Support the team, even if they select the player you don't  prefer.

As a Daniels supporter, I pledge to do the same no matter who stands under center.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

People have different philosophies, hus agent could have put him in contact with someone who had a different plan in mind than the coaches/staff at LSU. 

We simply don't know, that's why Peters and Quinn are in place to ask the right questions and figure things out. They may ultimately go in a different direction, we'll see. 

I do agree with this. DQ and GMAP are no dopes. They'll be quite aware of what's actually going on with the weight stuff and take it into account when making their decision.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I will agree with this. He definitely made it a point to use the sideline to his advantage later in the season last year. I dont hate Daniels. In fact he will be exciting as hell to watch. The question is for how long? I prefer Maye for his ideal size and age. Where will Maye be 2 years from now when he is Daniels age? Which one of Daniels/Maye has more room for growth? To me that is Maye. By a wide margin. But I will cheer my butt off for Daniels if he is the guy.

I like Daniels better, but I could get behind Maye. I think Maye has great potential, it just concerns me that he didn’t really improve upon his flaws from the prior year. Hopefully if he is the pick, our coaches will help him to reach his potential.

• Like 2

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Noone is rooting against any of the QBs that get drafted here.

The other teams fans will be when we finally retake our throne at the top of the NFC east

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I do agree with this. DQ and GMAP are no dopes. They'll be quite aware of what's actually going on with the weight stuff and take it into account when making their decision.

Yes, I'll leave it in their hands.

They're fair men, knowledgeable in their field, and experienced, I trust their judgement.

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

This is what I want to see. Because I never saw it on film at all. And you need smoke to play in the NFCE in the winter. 

Well I don't know if our division is worse than others, but if he shows off some power, then it will make me a lot less concerned about picking him over a dude with big time arm talent.

Let's be honest, his throwing session is obviously not going to look like Allen's or Richardson's.  If he had that kind of power, we'd have seen it in games.

I guess what I want to see instead is something like CJ Stroud's throwing session, where everything looks effortless and fluid, and the ball is super catchable and put on the money.

But yeah, it would be nice to see him throw some lasers too.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Nabers ran a 4.35 at his pro day. Daniels chased him down to give him some love. Nice sign of leadership. 

Maybe someone surreptitiously clocked Daniels as he was running after Nabers?  :ols:

• Haha 2

Jayden's combine weight would be the lightest of any starting QB in the league outside of Kyler, Bryce, and Russ - who are all shorter and built stockier.

I just don't see how his build & weight aren't a red flag. But I will trust whatever Peters and Quinn decide.

Personally, I think we draft Maye and sit him behind Mariota for at least part of the season. 

Edited by CapsSkins
  • Like 5
  • Thumb up 2