Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

2 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Congrats on the Howell start.  I wanted y'all to keep winning so we could get an excuse to play our backup, but instead you got that honor and we're stuck with the curse of fighting for a spot in the playoffs with Jordan Love sitting on the bench not knowing if he's our future.

You’re about to be (comparatively) irrelevant for the first time in decades, enjoy your last shot at the playoffs with Rodgers while you can. 

2 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

Calling it - we are going to line up Howell wide to get his feet wet. Either he is no where near ready or Ron's an idiot. Heh I guess both can be true. I guess I do need to throw in the high likelihood that the Turner offense is far too complex and that makes him "not ready". Remember Fitz a vet said it was complicated.

Long live the 800 page Al Saunders playbook they dumped on Candle's lap only to purge it for year 2. Yet its always the QBs fault when he fails.

I always forget about Al Saunders.

4 minutes ago, PolarExpress said:

I will say this, the beginning of our season was disgusting.  And then comes TH and makes our games watchable again…getting wins.  I fully acknowledge that he is NOT a starting QB, but I think he’s a very good backup.  He’s ready when his number is called.  I will happily be a Hiver as he made the worst time of my life enjoyable, if only for a few hours.  He loves the game and his team.  I wish him the best and another chance as a backup.  Damned if he didn’t earn it.

And his teammates love him. Regardless of what you think of his NFL ability he's been playing meaningful football games as the starting QB here for the past 3 years due to the lack of any other healthy or quality starters in the room. 

Come to think of it, if it wasnt for TH keeping us in mediocrity we might have our hands on a future franchise QB already through the draft?

10 minutes ago, Conn said:

You’re about to be (comparatively) irrelevant for the first time in decades, enjoy your last shot at the playoffs with Rodgers while you can. 

We'll see.  I've decided that Jordan Love being a first round pick taken in the 20s spending three years holding the clipboard behind a legend will be a perfect mirror of Rodgers being a first round pick taken in the 20s spending three years holding the clipboard behind a legend.  I hear the Jets could use a QB; wouldn't it be something if Rodgers was traded to the Jets to bring in the Jordan Love era in GB after Favre was traded to the Jets to bring in the Rodgers era?  Love will bring another 20 years of dominion to the Packers.

• Like 2

I just want to see Howell make quick decisions. He held the ball for too long in college and that is the main reason he slipped so far in the draft.  He has everything else needed to be a franchise QB.  If he makes quick decisions on Sunday then we build around him.  This could be a big game for our franchise.  

7 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Love will bring another 20 years of dominion to the Packers.

Every Packer fan I know, and my wife’s family is all from Wisconsin, does not in any way share that outlook. But keep drinking the Koolaid lol 😂 

oh yeah snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Edited by Rex Tomb

13 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

Every Packer fan I know, and my wife’s family is all from Wisconsin, does not in any way share that outlook. But keep drinking the Gatorade lol 😂 

You're talking to the Packers fan that, when partaking in the ES Mock draft a few years ago, actually drafted Jordan Love in the first round. (edit: here's the post where I selected him)

Honestly, though, we fans just don't have the game film to make judgements, which I was hoping to get this season, but the team stubbornly remained in the playoff hunt.

Edited by PokerPacker
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Wait…

Heinicke is (reportedly) the reason Howell is starting now? 

That’s… something.

If its true dude gave up a lot of money to give someone else a chance and that's wild to me in 2023. Hell of a guy

• Like 2

Just now, Llevron said:

If its true dude gave up a lot of money to give someone else a chance and that's wild to me in 2023. Hell of a guy

I’m not surprised that Heinicke would be a stand up guy and teammate. At all. 

If it’s true I’m more surprised that Rivera needed Heinicke to talk sense into him. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Whatever you do, do not get your hopes up. That’s what this team does. They find a way to get your hopes up and then they crush them… on purpose. That’s all they are trying to do with this move is crush your hopes one last time before the season is over. We will score no points, and may God have mercy on our souls.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Right, pardon me for being skeptical that there’s not more meat on this bone.  Heinicke seems like a good dude and all, but I feel like there is probably more at play here. 

Heinicke probably heard Rivera was going to let him get destroyed then throw Sam in and he said, “yeah, I’m out” :ols:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Est.1974 said:

I didn’t like Wentz coming back as we would be stuck with his 2023 contact if injured. That seemed an unnecessary risk to me. As it happens, he also played very bad and by all accounts looked bad in practice. 

Now one game for Howell. Hardly a sufficient sample size for next season. 

the problem was Heinicke hadn't played poorly enough to be benched until maybe the second half against the Giant in the second game and the problem with that game was the game plan at first

• Confused 1