Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Not a Taylor guy but give him his due - for whatever reason the team plays really hard for him even though he does all he can to give the game away. 3-1 as the starter earns you the right to stay as the starter. Yea he had a horrible strip sack fumble that gave them a TD. His noodle arm cost a few easy TDs not to mention a really bad interception. But he also made some really savvy plays. His best play may have been the throw away when the ball was sent sailing over his head. That was a really heads up play. 

We still obviously need a better QB long term but I say go with the hot hand. Carson should just never see the light of day agaion. To those that say the team around Taylor is better than the team around Carson, well that is true to an extent. The problem is that the issues Carson has are not solved by a better running game. He misses wide open underneath throws. He makes really poor decisions at the worst time. And his biggest problem right now is that he is as mobile as a statue. 

Let Taylor start and if he blows up put Howell in or even Jake Fromm. I want no part of Carsons 2023 salary or the team having to give up a 2nd instead of a 3rd. Bottom line is you can;t bench the QB who just won the biggest game of Ron's tenure here. This was a division rival that was undefeated and at home. And the team dominated in every phase. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I get all the “this isn’t sustainable” talk.  Everything logical suggests this is true.  But the sample size is getting larger by the week, and somehow they are able to get enough to win.

It 100% looks like luck.  

But they keep getting “lucky”.  

It’s hard to comprehend but here we are.

Maybe with Dan rhe magical seasons turn 4-13 to 9-8 lol Unlike real franchises whwre magical seasons turn 11-6 to SB runs 

That graphic that they showed last night that had Heinicke at .500 as a starter compared to the rest of the starters since Kirk left being something like 19-37 of which Alex Smith accounted for 11 of those wins was extremely depressing.  This team still needs a quarterback but this season is going to be the Taylor Heinicke roller coaster.  And I think last night was his best game in Washington.  That's the most converted third downs in a long time.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zim489 said:

Maybe with Dan rhe magical seasons turn 4-13 to 9-8 lol Unlike real franchises whwre magical seasons turn 11-6 to SB runs 

I don’t even necessarily think this will be a magical season.  But it’s hard for me to fault the coaches with crafting a game plan that can and does win, particular with QB stat lines like 17/29 and a pick.

• Like 2

Didn't see much of anything new yesterday that we didn't already know. 

We have again relegated TH to one of the smallest QB roles in the NFL and continue to run the stuffing outta the ball. We have the pieces to be a good rushing O and we used them yesterday.

I don't forsee the gameplan changing much moving forward.

• Like 1

Huge win in a very bizarre game. Bad performance by our QB but we won. Defense got some lucky breaks with the takeaways, pretty much what saved the day for us. Start em until he performs bad in a game against a sub par team.....like the Texans.  If he doesn't make the bad throw against the Vikings we win that game. Amazing.....

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Didn't see much of anything new yesterday that we didn't already know. 

We have again relegated TH to one of the smallest QB roles in the NFL and continue to run the stuffing outta the ball. We have the pieces to be a good rushing O and we used them yesterday.

I don't forsee the gameplan changing much moving forward.

They didn’t even run the ball well last night. A 3 ypc average is pretty bad. They got some fortunate flags and turnovers that allowed them to dominate TOP. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leonard Washington said:

This was Scott Turner’s win and that should be the game plan for the season. Taylor made some plays but he has played MUCH better in the past.  

Yea, that was Taylor's best win as a starter for us, but by far his best game, numbers don't lie.

I'm on the fence about wins aren't a QB Stat, NFL still tracks it as such, but this was a total team win all three phases coaching staff as well.  

• Like 2

Last 4 games with Wentz:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WentCa00.htm#88-91-sum:stats

Last 4 games with Heinicke:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HeinTa00.htm#25-28-sum:stats

I was surprised that Heinicke had a better completion percentage but only 16 more rushing yards, and also 8 fewer sacks than Wentz.  Ron cannot go back to Wentz.  And if the season is lost, I'd like to see Sam Howell.  

Edited by DJHJR86
  • Like 5
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

God we need a better qb

but you can tell a huge difference between a team that lined up to run a play with no real confidence or excitement, a team where a pass catcher notices they’re doubled and has no hope to have the ball come their way, a team that doesn’t think any play can be a huge play

and a team that lines up thinking any given play is the one where the ball comes their way, even if they’re double covered (lol he throws some risky balls sometimes)

they are behind him because he’s willing to throw the ball to anyone at any time even when it’s not advised. Or he can take off running. Or he’ll bounce around the pocket to buy time. 

yes. Need a better qb. But if you go back to wentz then holy **** does that mean our coaches don’t get it. 

They play for Taylor. They have a chance with him. So, ride with it and see what happens 🤷‍♂️ 

(ps - kinda sucks we’re gonna play ourselves out of great draft position but you can’t sell that to the team either, it is what it is. )

• Like 4

If he drank tall boys maybe his arm would be stronger! Kidding of course...little jab, little poke. Team loves the dude, can't bench him for Wentz. If they do they will lose the locker room. Seems like he is the team QB and mascot all rolled into one. Great story.

Edited by tmandoug1
  • Like 6

After the 1st eagles game I said our OL was not good, but Wentz made them worse and once TH started everyone would be curious how the OL looked better (not good, but better) and gave up less sacks.

I was laughed at.

After the bears game I said TH would start and the entire team would play better.

I was told I didn't know football.

After the colts victory I was told we would.now see TH in all his glory and get crushed by the Vikes and blown out by the eagles because TH is not a good QB.

I said his talent is avg at best, but he has "IT". The players see it and the team is better with him.

I was told that the players are saying that to try to build up a avg player.

TH is our QB. Not long term. But this year, we are simply a better team that plays at it's top game with TH as QB.

Keep TH as the starter and we will make the playoffs.

Edited by TMK9973
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

I think part of what makes Heninicke dangerous is teams respect his ability to scramble.  It changes the defense.  With Wentz you can pin your ears back and rush cause you know he’s gonna be on his spot.  

Taylor is also accurate with the underneath stuff. He’s a good short to medium QB. Wentz better medium to deep, terrible underneath okay medium but is erratic sometimes. When you take the check downs as much as Taylor does, it eats up clock and manages the game. Similar to what Alex Smith did. Take the easy stuff all night.

I think Wentz is looking for the big play too much and it gets him in trouble cause he misses the easy ones, leading to 3 and outs which tires the defense. That defense was fresh all night, they were flying around.  Hard to measure that, but when a defense can play fresh and fast and know they gotta do their part they play better. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

11 minutes ago, TMK9973 said:

After the 1st eagles game I said our OL was not good, but Wentz made them worse and once TH started everyone would be curious how the OL looked better (not good, but better) and gave up less sacks.

I was laughed at.

After the bears game I said TH would start and the entire team would play better.

I was told I didn't know football.

After the colts victory I was told we would.now see TH in all his glory and get crushed by the Vikes and blown out by the eagles because TH is not a good QB.

I said his talent is avg at best, but he has "IT". The players see it and the team is better with him.

I was told that the players are saying that to try to build up a avg player.

TH is our QB. Not long term. But this year, we are simply a better team that plays at it's top game with TH as QB.

Keep TH as the starter and we will make the playoffs.

My man is dislocating his shoulder to pat himself on the back.  🤣

I’ve been both right and wrong about a lot of stuff, but I’ve steered clear of the injury report by not doing this.

You are a primary example of what I mentioned earlier, nowhere to be found after last week, shows back up this week to proclaim

himself Vince Lombardi.  

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

My man is dislocating his shoulder to pat himself on the back.  🤣

I’ve been both right and wrong about a lot of stuff, but I’ve steered clear of the injury report by not doing this.

You are a primary example of what I mentioned earlier, nowhere to be found after last week, shows back up this week to proclaim

himself Vince Lombardi.  

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Hell yeah I'm patting myself in the back.

I post here and there but during the week there is only so much you can repeat the same arguments.

Besides, everytime I do post I keep getting told how wrong I am and TH is gonna get crushed cause he's not a NFL QB.

So yup, I will take my Victory lap and continue to do so.

Because there are STILL people that are posting about a draft pick (although I have also pointed out that in last 12 years we have had the 2nd most top 5 picks in the league) and still arguing that we are winning in spite of TH, ignoring how he makes the team better.

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1