Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

I am willing to give Heinicke a shot, as a fan, who just wants to see this team win, I just don't see that it is likely we are going to be getting the rose-colored glasses version of Heinicke we got for about 7-8 games before the league figured out how to scheme against what he does well.  I don't see how all that goes away, but I hope I am wrong. 

I swear if wentz comes back in a losing season and gets just enough snaps to turn that 3 into a 2 that will be near criminal negligence. 

I recognize this team is in a tough spot, at 0-6 they could start planning for next year and make moves that help the team in the future but at 2 and 4 its just a tad early to give up quite yet, but realistically with this division being a brick wall they have to be at least thinking this year is over already. 

After this week the division is most likely going to look like this.

Eagles 6-0

Giants 6-1 

Cowboys 5-2

Commies 2-5

If that isn't enough for you to realize the season is over then you're Lloyd Christmas trying to hook up with Mary swanson.

Edited by redskinss

38 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I am willing to give Heinicke a shot, as a fan, who just wants to see this team win, I just don't see that it is likely we are going to be getting the rose-colored glasses version of Heinicke we got for about 7-8 games before the league figured out how to scheme against what he does well.  I don't see how all that goes away, but I hope I am wrong. 

Two of those games in that final stretch were against Dallas, who had an insane pass rush and Trevon Diggs covering Terry. His other options got locked down as well bc they just weren’t very good. Not many qb’s can do anything with that. Dallas won’t be able to do that against us this year IF we are healthy. They don’t have players good enough to man up on Samuel, Dotson, Thomas, and Mckissick all game long. I would be begging for teams to play man coverage against us like they did last year. 

30 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I swear if wentz comes back in a losing season and gets just enough snaps to turn that 3 into a 2 that will be near criminal negligence. 

I recognize this team is in a tough spot, at 0-6 they could start planning for next year and make moves that help the team in the future but at 2 and 4 its just a tad early to give up quite yet, but realistically with this division being a brick wall they have to be at least thinking this year is over already. 

After this week the division is most likely going to look like this.

Eagles 6-0

Giants 6-1 

Cowboys 5-2

Commies 2-5

If that isn't enough for you to realize the season is over then you're Lloyd Christmas trying to hook up with Mary swanson.

Never put it past this organization to try and "win" no matter how much it ****s up the future.

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, HigSkin said:

Thinks Wentz's injury saves the staff, i.e. if they had lost the Bears game thinks operational changes would have been considered

This is also omega lol. One game 6 games into the season in the ugliest game in years against a #1 pick competing team "Saves" them like they dont go 1-2 more wins the rest of the way. They truly think in only the next game timelines 

Is TH the answer? Nah. But I’m gonna root for him to win just like I rooted for Wentz and just like I would root for Howell. Will say  TH is fun to watch for me because he plays the game like a kid who just loves the game. So for the the foreseeable future until wentz or Howell takes over it’s TAYLOR GANG lol 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

This whole thing of Heinicke letting them "open up the playbook" sounds backwards, considering that they had to cut stuff out of the playbook last season because he couldn't make some of the throws needed.

Was that something Breer is saying as his own personal opinion or something he was told by the coaching staff? Sounds like the former.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, KDawg said:

With Heinicke official I will have to trust that the staff knows the vibe of the locker room and Sam Howell's readiness enough to make the decision to move to Heinicke. Hoping for the best. 

Rick Walker said they'd lose the locker room if they started Howell.

John Keim said there's a significant gap between TH and Howell, and to "not even go there".

They're both right. It shouldn't even be a question.

He's the #2 QB for a reason.

Even the most critical people towards TH, have said that at worst, he's a "high-end backup".

So, why pass on a high-end backup, for a super green rookie ?

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

John Keim said there's a significant gap between TH and Howell, and to "not even go there".

He's the #2 QB for a reason

Okay? As I said, I have to trust that the staff knows what they are doing here and that Howell isn't ready and the team prefers Heinicke. 

4 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

He's the #2 QB for a reason

Is this according to people from the team that Walker and Keim spoke to, or is this just them throwing out their opinions? If it's the latter, it's basically irrelevant since they don't have any direct knowledge of the situation.

Edited by mistertim

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

This whole thing of Heinicke letting them "open up the playbook" sounds backwards, considering that they had to cut stuff out of the playbook last season because he couldn't make some of the throws needed.

Was that something Breer is saying as his own personal opinion or something he was told by the coaching staff? Sounds like the former.

Yeah, it’s an interesting remark to be sure.  Knowledge of (and comfort with) the playbook vs arm talent that can operate the deeper passing game (not to mention intermediate throws to the sideline).  

I find myself wishing we were running a West Coast O rather than Air Coryell based one… though that’s more about our oline and short area pass catchers (JDM/Samuel/Gibson) than qbs.

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

Is this according to people from the team that Walker and Keim spoke to, or is this just them throwing out their opinions. If it's the latter, it's basically irrelevant since they don't have any direct knowledge of the situation.

I trust Keim’s opinion (no comment on Doc, lol), but yeah… that distinction makes a pretty big difference.  And wasn’t that Keim’s take during the offseason?  Wonder if it’s changed at all.

I have a feeling Samuel is going to feast with Taylor. Whats the deal with our TD machine Dotson. I remember his very first target - Carson sailed it way over his head. Maybe he can thrive on a wet noodle arm since he seems to adjust to the underthrown ball well.  I think. I do think DBs in tight coverage are so ripe for PI's on underthrown balls but will Turner shelf all the deep calls because he cant throw that far?

Edited by RandyHolt