Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

2 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Lamar isn't worth the contract he will be asking.  He wants the entire thing guarantied and make more than Watson got.  Hell, he probably wants the Mahomes deal but the entire thing guarantied.   He's a player that's likely done in less than 5 years by the way he plays. 

Have you seen him play this year? His passing has improved big time and he's still a lethal runner. He is the favorite to win another MVP. I'd gladly pay him $500 Million over 10 years.

7 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

He already said he won't play if he's tagged. He'll hold out.

That's what players always say. Outside of Le'Veon Bell, I can't recall anyone else actually following through on the threat. It's largely just posturing. And basically makes things moot. Jackson won't really be available one way or another.

21 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

On the brighter side, we could’ve had Captain Klutch (Jimmy G-Q) instead of Commander Wentzlevania.

15FAD9F5-202D-4794-95DB-86BDAF9B179A.jpeg

I don't think any single article or rumor has made me feel more hopeless about the franchise than that Jimmy G rumor. Ron is so incredibly hopeless. We were probably the only team in the league seriously going after either of these bum QBs but Ron thinks there is a line of teams fighting to get in on the Jimmy and Carson sweepstakes. 

• Haha 2

Why in the world they kept calling 7 step drops when our tackles were absolutely manhandled is a question that has to be asked. Once again, Turner seemed to make zero adjustment for Philadelphia’s aggression just like last week until it was too late.  I’m about over Scotty.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

What’s lost on me is why Ron went out of his way to be overly dramatic about the story of us wanting Jimmy G.  Going on and on about the timing.  It seems the timing of those stories is always Sat. night.  He also said “I didn’t” but never said “we didn’t”, so his comment did nothing to alleviate any drama.  I just think after you get your ass kicked the way they did by a division team, in your own house, you should only be talking about crap you can control.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 9/21/2022 at 12:51 PM, goskins10 said:

At some point leaders have to produce. 

Agreed

On 9/21/2022 at 2:21 PM, Warhead36 said:

We haven't seen Wentz at his best yet.

We certainly have seen him at his worst.  

Edited by DJHJR86

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

What’s lost on me is why Ron went out of his way to be overly dramatic about the story of us wanting Jimmy G.  Going on and on about the timing.  It seems the timing of those stories is always Sat. night.  He also said “I didn’t” but never said “we didn’t”, so his comment did nothing to alleviate any drama.  I just think after you get your ass kicked the way they did by a division team, in your own house, you should only be talking about crap you can control.

You would’ve thought he’d say, “hey, the reporters have jobs to do as well and they did a good job. That’s a good group of over journalist over there”. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

My guess is he's trying to protect Carson Wentz. Dude is sensitive AF and anything that might even come close to questioning his status on the team can rattle him. Remember Rivera had to re-assure Wentz after they drafted Sam Howell and that was a freaking 5th round project.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

My guess is he's trying to protect Carson Wentz. Dude is sensitive AF and anything that might even come close to questioning his status on the team can rattle him. Remember Rivera had to re-assure Wentz after they drafted Sam Howell and that was a freaking 5th round project.

More reasons to move on from him after this year.  Jalen Hurts has been living rent free in his head since 2020 and he hasn't gotten over it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I guess, but it seemed so out of place to stand up there at the podium and give that report any credence.  His OC spent all week drawing up a disastrous game plan and refused to adjust even though they were getting whipped on every snap.  I’d say that had much greater impact than any report could ever have. It just felt like an opportunity for him to change the subject away from the piss poor performance his team put forth for the 2nd week in a row.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome

12 hours ago, Leonard Washington said:

The coaches will protect Carson by slowing the game down with more running and conservative passing. 

We were supposed to be all excited about getting Wentz because of his super duper strong arm.  But a strong arm is worse than useless when he's zinging short 7-yard swing passes 85 MPH and making the receivers jump or reach for them, which I saw over and over yesterday.  He's shown little touch on "conservative" passes.

More running and conservative passing is better suited to Taylor Heinicke.  At least he's got the mobility to escape the rush and a feathery touch when needed on short and intermediate passes that Wentz can't seem to find.   

A switch is not going to happen any time soon and I'm not advocating for it.  But it's not like Carson Wentz has seized the position and established himself as THE guy through stellar play.  Still waiting for that to happen.

• Like 3

So overall i think Wentz is a good QB and a upgrade.  HOWEVER -IT was dumb to sign.

Here is my question - What game last year did we lose that we would have won with Wentz vs Henickie?

I cant think of any.  MAYBE the dallas game at home? 

So basically we upgrade the QB position but to do that we cut our 2nd best OL (flowers), our best LB (Collins. He was Terrible at Safety but great once he took on the hybrid, mostly LB role), and Tim Settle and added nothing to our Defense. 

We did add some weapons on Offense - but we spent all our money to slightly improve a position that didn't really cost us games last year.

Right now - If we had kept Flowers, Collins, Settle, and Henickie as starting, and brought in 1 FA on Defense (Either LB or DB) would we win more games, less games, or the same amount of games this year?

Its only been 3 games but as of right now -I would think we would have been at LEAST the same, if not better.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I fear that you may well be right but ultimately that's an indictment of both Carson and Rivera.

It's an indictment of Carson because thin skinned reactive quarterbacks that are ultra-sensitive to the capricious media story du jour are rarely succesful.

It's an indictment of Rivera because it's a transparent sign of both weakness and hypocrisy. Two characteristics that are fatal to someone in a leadership position.

It also quite frankly disgusts me that in his post game presser the only time I saw any real emotion and anger from Ron was when he discussed the Jimmy G reports.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TMK9973 said:

So overall i think Wentz is a good QB and a upgrade.  HOWEVER -IT was dumb to sign.

Here is my question - What game last year did we lose that we would have won with Wentz vs Henickie?

I cant think of any.  MAYBE the dallas game at home? 

So basically we upgrade the QB position but to do that we cut our 2nd best OL (flowers), our best LB (Collins. He was Terrible at Safety but great once he took on the hybrid, mostly LB role), and Tim Settle and added nothing to our Defense. 

We did add some weapons on Offense - but we spent all our money to slightly improve a position that didn't really cost us games last year.

Right now - If we had kept Flowers, Collins, Settle, and Henickie as starting, and brought in 1 FA on Defense (Either LB or DB) would we win more games, less games, or the same amount of games this year?

Its only been 3 games but as of right now -I would think we would have been at LEAST the same, if not better.  

No flipping way.

We won the first 2 games cause Wentz threw for 600+ and 7 tds.

Now had we kept Settle, & Flowers, and maybe Ion, we would be in worlds better position, and more importantly if we had brought some flipping NFL caliber LB'rs and CB's into camp to compete with our dumpster fire of a depth chart, we might now be in this mess. 

Oh wait, we would have needed to have brought in a non-gimpy non-panther O linemen or 2 to shore up the revolving turnstile that is an OL as well.

I love Henikie, the person, the story, the gritty determination.

To compare his arm with Wentz is dishonest. 

Wentz took cap space, but we dont win the first game or have any hope of competing long term with his arm.

Howell is the only realistic option, but if this OL cannot stablize, you cannot put him in to get shellacked behind it.

You are thinking of it wrong. What games would we have won with Wentz and Dotson and a healthy Samuels.

It is so frustrating that you people think that Wentz is the issue on this team right now.

There are 99 issues on this roster, but Carson Wentz is not one of them.

Now the eagles game exposed what happens if you dont have the RB's running to the flats to counter the blitz. 

But that is poor game adjustments/planning. 

That line looked like they were on the Philly payroll.

And to run Gibson 12 times for a whooping 38 yards is criminal. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1