Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

From what I've read, he has one year of guaranteed money and several years of non-guaranteed money in the low 20's - which is dirt for a QB.

I really don't understand the angst.

Well, it's not low 20s. It's basically $28m+. 26m+ 27M+.

The angst (not really accurate for me as I don't care about this team anymore), even coming from a guy who was something of a Wentz fan a year or two ago, is the guy is clearly so toxic that contender who just traded a 1 for him was in consideration to just pay him the 15 mil and let him go. He can't stay healthy, has regressed and has teammates and coaches who want no part of him. 

No way would I consider paying three years and $82 mil or so for a guy like that. Much less give up draft picks for the privilege. They should have given picks to take on the deal because it saves them the guaranteed money they were likely going to eat. 

• Like 1

I'm not gung ho on Wentz, but if he doesn't play 70% of snaps, it's basically Wentz for free... cuz a 2nd is basically worth two 3rds.

If he plays 70%+ of snaps, then he was an upgrade over Heinicke... which we paid one third to get (traded 2nds are a wash)

We can still draft a QB this year if the right guys falls...

Edited by DiscoBob

5 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

:ols:  Wentz is actually super talented. Top 12 in ability to play QB in the NFL. :ols:

Not a great time to be a Commie from Philly. Glad I accidentally deleted my FB, because I would never hear the end of it.

In all honesty though, I really do think it's the best possible move. He'e a lot better than Jimmy G and cheaper and definitely better than Trubs. He also hasn't been accused of rape, which is a plus for a QB this offseason.

I literally posted 2 hours ago that this was the move we should make. So much better than Trubisky or Jimmy G. 

I feel embarrassed as a human, but I wanted Watson. This still gives us the ability to package Wentz and picks for a superstar if Wentz looks good next year. 

I think we need to push some chips to the middle of the table on offense and upgrade the skill positions and RB a bit. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

1st reaction for me on this trade is that we take a QB in the 2nd round now and may even deal our own 1st to move back and pick up extra picks. This also tells me that Wentz, TH and a rookie are gonna fight it out in camp because RR says he's all about competition. 

Reports say two 3rd round picks.

How would we feel about Wentz, Ridder, TH as the QB room this summer/fall?

Ridder or Carson Strong who I personally like. I can see it now. Carson Wentz gets a minor injury and the announcer goes, " Okay, Carson is hurt and going to the sidelines and here comes Carson. Okay, now Carson is going back out and here comes Carson again. Wait, Carson is still limping and is going back to sidelines and here comes Carson again. Yeah, my head would explode. HaHa 

• Haha 1

Just now, FootballZombie said:

Two threes with the chance for it to grow up to a two

Swap twos

for a guy who they were gonna cut.

That's pretty bad. We got fleeced.

You have no guarantee he'd come here when he's released. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lol people losing their minds over Wentz is making my day. 

He's not my first choice, but I feel like he's an upgrade over TH. I don't hate the cost. I love that we still have a 1st and 2nd this year. Pretty much just pretending we drafted Wentz with our third and can now grab a WR/LB with the early picks. 

Looks like he'll be here a few years, but that could help buy some time to develop a young QB. I just hope we don't draft one this year after this move. 

Edited by duffy
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, CobraCommander said:

No but he does have a no-trade clause. I'm just assuming he would not want to come here. I have a feeling he ends up in Carolina. 

I got ya. I was only kidding. It would be funny if a player signs a contract and we find out he has a no trade clause but only to one team.

• Like 1