Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

7 minutes ago, zCommander said:

IF Watson is cleared there is also the possibility that he stays with the Texans with their new head coach convincing him to stay instead. 

No chance. They said  and he said that he's never playing another down for them.

Edited by Hitman#21

26 minutes ago, justice98 said:

We as NFL fans looked the other way on Ben Roethlisberger, Peyton Manning, folks will get over Watson as long as he's throwing TDs.  We dont have to like it, but the amount of people that stop watching won't counteract the amount of people cheering if he's out there going 30-44 for 350 and 3TDs every week

Kobe

Vick

Ronaldo... list is endless if you want it to be.

People will overlook a lot for guy who-throw-ball-far or play-good

The morality angle is something most everyone will overlook for a player that is worth their weight. The main diff is that some people are either actively aware they are doing so, and others choose to live in blindness to it, but do it all the same.

But if the player sucks? One way ticket outta town.

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Thumb up 1

18 minutes ago, KDawg said:

There are lines and touch point issues that everyone has. Yourself included. You can go through that exercise if you wish, but it's a waste of time. I have my moral ground that I stand. You don't seem to based on your posts. *shrug*.

Do you, man. 

I'm just saying, if/when they trade for Watson, I fully expect to see you here making post game threads breaking down his reads and how much better he makes the offense. Maybe through gritted teeth and a scowl everytime his name is typed, but you'll be here with the rest of us.  lol

1 minute ago, justice98 said:

I'm just saying, if/when they trade for Watson, I fully expect to see you here making post game threads breaking down his reads and how much better he makes the offense. Maybe through gritted teeth and a scowl everytime his name is typed, but you'll be here with the rest of us.  lol

Be here? Yes. The rest? Time will tell, but I'd lower your expectations :)

• Like 1

I dont know whether Watson is innocent or guilty. I'm not defending Watson just pointing out some of the "coincidences" on the other side of this equation.

1) not one woman came forward until after he demanded trade
2)Tony Buzzbee is admitted Texans super Fan, STH, and former neighbor to the Texans owner
3) none of these women went to the police UNTIL AFTER 21 women had come forward, Buzzbee made multiple statements saying they wouldnt be going to police and then people started loudly questioning why they would not file police reports

4) the team supposedly were the ones providing Watson with NDAS so guess who wouldve most likely known who these women were and what was going on.
5) out of the 22 women in the civil case only 8 filed police reports and cooperated with investigation
6) DA took 7 months to decide whether they even had enough to bring it in front of grand jury despite having 8 women, phone records, access to his social media, cash app etc.
7) Up until this point he has refused to settle in the civil cases even though it probably wouldve been the easy thing to do
8 ) Texans are literally about to pay the man 40 million to sit on the bench because they won’t release him and asking for a kings ransom despite everything hanging over his head most teams wouldve distanced themselves as quickly as humanly possible
9) Jack easterby texans president is by all accounts the Texans version of Bruce Allen
10) The Mcnair family has been accused of racism on more than 1 occasion 

11) By any and all accounts Watson was a model citizen up until this point.

And before anybody attacks me Im not defending Watson nor am I saying hes innocent idk. Like I said all I'm saying lets look at all sides of this before just saying well its 22 women so he must be guilty. I just dont think its as simple as some make it out to be. 

34 minutes ago, zCommander said:

IF Watson is cleared there is also the possibility that he stays with the Texans with their new head coach convincing him to stay instead. 

Lovie has already said he’s done there and Mills is their QB.

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Like 1

After moving to Texas, I don't get to see many Washington games except prime games or when they play the Cowboys or Texans. That means I can watch other good games. This year's playoff games were fantastic, opening up more opportunities to watch good games.

Colin Cowherd just said he got a story about Wentz to Washington, not twice sourced.

Just now double sourced, Wentz to Washington per Adam Shefter.

Edited by LadySkinsFan

1 minute ago, LadySkinsFan said:

After moving to Texas, I don't get to see many Washington games except prime games or when they play the Cowboys or Texans. That means I can watch other good games. This year's playoff games were fantastic, opening up more opportunities to watch good games.

Colin Cowherd just said he got a story about Wentz to Washington, not twice sourced.

For what ... maybe a 5th?

Let's not overthink this QB thing and most importantly, let's not be stupid. First of all, forget about Watson. Great QB? Absolutely! But there is just too much risk. First of all, the guy has 22 allegations against him. Perhaps he's innocent but with that many women involved, I really doubt it. Do you REALLY want a sexual predator on your team?  Secondly, the cost. It's going to be outrageous. Most likely 3 firsts, 3 seconds and a couple of players like Chase Young and Daron Payne. That's 8 guys for one. How would we build a team around him if we don't have the resources to do it with. And God Forbid if you give that up and he gets hurt. You're completely done. Nope. Let someone else take that chance. If they think Malik Willis is the answer then trade up and get him and continue to add to this team instead of subtracting from it. 

So Wentz it is. I'm actually fine with that cost. But they better not waste a pick on a qb in the draft this year. He's not the future, but a decent enough stopgap. I'm glad to see we'll have a shot at a QB in 2023.

• Like 2

For all this talk about Watson; I think there’s no way he agrees to be traded here.

Teams that he would pick over us:

NYG, Indy, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, New Orleans, Tampa, Atlanta, Carolina, Seattle, Las Vegas

He doesn’t want to go Philly and Miami , no longer wants him.