Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

The Seahawks are back to irrelevancy and THAT I like. They will not rebuild with that package. They still had to do it, because they no longer had the roster to win in Russ’s final years. It was the last chance to sell high most likely. But they will fail to rebuild a playoff team until they luck into another QB, they are done for a while in the NFC as a thorn in anyone’s side. The NFC road to the SB just got that much easier, which is crazy if we ever DO manage to acquire a stud QB. 

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Redskins 2021 said:

With rebranding you need to have Carr or Watson especially with with Wilson going to Denver.

Nothing gets a rebrand off the ground and running like hiring a sexual deviant to be the face of your franchise.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Conn said:

We’re going to be hearing this for ages just like with Stafford and while it’s not wrong, it’s going to get old. It already is. It definitely feels like Rivera has been SO open about chasing elite QB’s partially to cover his ass and absolve himself of failure because he can say he tried. And he’s right, and he did try. But it’s still going to end in misery for us, we’re sick of the “trying”. Eventually someone has to deliver or this franchise is well and truly dead. 

I get it.  Denver now IMO is a true contender.

To use a movie analogy.  The top 10 QBs are A list movie stars.  We are stuck in a perpeutal B movie -- B movie tops with no headline A movie list stars.   We are never even in the conversation of being a top team.

It should be itneresting because i've heard Keim say among others that Dan hates it when the team gets outbid in a trade and fumes about it in a heads may roll type of way.  Considering Wilson according to some was their top target it makes me wonder if their level of desperation increases.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Conn said:

We’re going to be hearing this for ages just like with Stafford and while it’s not wrong, it’s going to get old. It already is. It definitely feels like Rivera has been SO open about chasing elite QB’s partially to cover his ass and absolve himself of failure because he can say he tried. And he’s right, and he did try. But it’s still going to end in misery for us, we’re sick of the “trying”. Eventually someone has to deliver or this franchise is well and truly dead. 

I think we have to hit on a draft pick.  I kindof think it's the only way. 

Either that, or we out-bid everybody for Watson.  

Though, I do think Seattle SHOULD make a play for Watson with all of the dry power they have.  Always with the caveat: if he's cleared of criminal charges.

Look, if they get Watson or Carr, there's still a chance.

I do think there is a chance they will panic and trade more for Jimmy G. than they should.  I said 20 pages ago, if they don't get Wilson, Rodgers or Watson, and they can give up a 3rd or 4th for Jimmy, I'd take that over "Mitch Mariota." And it doesn't preclude you from drafting a rookie at #11.

They are going to have to start throwing spaghetti at the wall and seeing what hits.

Hell, if they sign "Mitch Mariota" and draft a QB at 11, I wouldn't have any problem if they turned around and drafted Strong in the 3rd and just let it play out.  TH goes to the PS, you have a meh veteran and 2 prospects.  If they all flame out, you do it again next year.  And then the next, and then the next, until you hit on a guy.  

17 minutes ago, dyst said:

Definitely hurts. Granted it’s possible he didn’t want to come here, which is absolutely because of Snyder. If not, then we should not be outbid. Trade draft picks and players, whatever it takes to get a franchise QB. 

If your Wilson, you remember that Denver does have very recent positive history on this sort of thing (albeit with a FA). Washington did something similar back in 2010 (albeit, a hell cheaper with a team that had almost no talent) that was a fail. You also know that Denver can outbid Washington and are not in your division, so they are more likely to put together a deal that might intrigue your client (who has to agree to let you go elsewhere). You were about 2, 3 and 4 the last time Washington even went to the playoffs for multiple back to back years. In the time Dan has owned the team, they've gone from an historic top-10 franchise to a bottom-10. You'd be playing for one of the most toxic fan-bases I've ever seen.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Supposedly tribusky is going to Indy.

I think Wentz stays in Indy if that's the backup plan.  Trubisky would be just doing something different just to be doing it, but it isn't an upgrade. I think cooler heads will prevail in Indy.

12 minutes ago, Conn said:

I’m not a fan of telling everybody you’re going after the big fish. More often than not it ends in disappointment. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Conn said:

Wilson could have dominated the NFC East and had WAY less competition trying to make SB’s from the NFC.  

I don't know if world class athletes think that way.

17 minutes ago, zCommander said:

On Grant and Danny right now they are saying the trade happened because of Wilson and where he wanted to go because he had a no trade clause. So Wilson didn't want to come here for whatever reason. More power to him. 

I can think of a few dozen reasons.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, evmiii said:

How about the rumor we are “talking” to Atlanta about Matty Ice?  Highly underrated, would be a huge upgrade.  

I don’t think ATL can afford to absorb the cap hit from trading him. 

Also he’s pretty close to being washed—that deal would end in tears, like McNabb but more expensive. It won’t play out like McNabb with all the weird drama etc but he’s not elite. Unlike Rodgers, Wilson, and Carr—Ryan seems to be past his peak. His peak was a while ago.

Edited by Conn

3 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

I think people are overreacting with the “he didn’t want to come to Washington.” Was it that or was it more of an East/West coast thing? I have a feeling he wouldn’t have went to Washington or any other East coast team. 

Go away. Leave us to wallow in our misery in peace will you?

Dan sucks

Ron can't make a deal

Clearly Marty is a complete no-nothing ass-hat

Russ hates Scott Turner (I haven't heard that yet, but it's coming)

There is absolutely no redeeming quality in this team, and we're all just wasting our time until we die and got to hell and get stuck in a hell loop of having to watch the name-reveal on loop for the rest of eternity.  (PS: If you haven't watch Lucifer, the last comment was a nod to that show, and you should because it's really, really good.)

There is no good in the world.  Only bad.  Life sucks. Then you die and go to hell and burn for eternity.  

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

16 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Washington needs to get Carr.  He's worth 2 1st rounders. 

If the Raiders trade Carr how will they stay competitive in the division? They almost have to pay Carr now because of the other QB's in the division don't they? Or do they say they have to trade him cause he can't beat the others in the division?