Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Something incredible is that Denver traded Von Miller for picks, he got his SB in LA, now he’ll come back and retire in Denver after another year or two with Russ at the helm, and they were able to use the picks they got for Miller in part to trade for Russ. Masterful really, and Von loves them for it. 

• Like 1

It was reported that Wilson did not want to come here. Can't blame staff for that - blame danny for creating such an enticing atmosphere. Ron can only overcome so much. So it doesn't matter what the team offered. 

And i saw someone say Denver "stole" a HOF QB. C'mon. They gave up 2 1st and 2  plus 2/5 players (lock is only .5). Unlike most trades like this they are not getting a 1st back, jsut a lower 1st. So it was a good deal but not a steal. That's a bit over the top. 

If Philly wants Watson they can have him. Great talent but too many off the fields red flags. You will not get what you want out of him. 

Top targets for me are: 

Carr

Mariota plus the best QB they like in the draft. 

Trubisky plus the best QB they like in the draft. 

No to Wentz and no to Jimmy G. Will be disappointed if either of those come here unless they come cheap (no chance jimmy g is cheap) and to develop the best QB they like in the draft. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Conn said:

Players aren’t always the smartest when comes to advocating for their own best interests. I can’t blame him for not wanting to be a part of this joke organization, but stepping outside of that for a second—Wilson might not even be able to win that division because of the competition, and the AFC playoff picture is a murderer’s row of stud QB’s every season. 

Wilson could have dominated the NFC East and had WAY less competition trying to make SB’s from the NFC. Yeah the Seahawks wanted to send him to the AFC but in the end they’d have sent him where he was willing to go. It’s wild to say this because of our terrible rebrand and Snyder etc but I think Russ made the wrong choice for himself here.

I mean, yeah, NFC East could have been his for the taking but... we're the Commies. Are we really going to be taking anything in this division besides the means of production? If I'm a smart QB, I'd go anywhere that isn't the team owned by a troglodyte.

Just now, zCommander said:

On Grant and Danny right now they are saying the trade happened because of Wilson and where he wanted to go because he had a no trade clause. So Wilson didn't want to come here for whatever reason. More power to him. 

Washington needs to get Carr.  He's worth 2 1st rounders. 

• Thumb down 1

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

We’re going to be hearing this for ages just like with Stafford and while it’s not wrong, it’s going to get old. It already is. It definitely feels like Rivera has been SO open about chasing elite QB’s partially to cover his ass and absolve himself of failure because he can say he tried. And he’s right, and he did try. But it’s still going to end in misery for us, we’re sick of the “trying”. Eventually someone has to deliver or this franchise is well and truly dead. 

• Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Gotta put the onus on Vegas to give up Carr.

If that don't work out you sell the first born son for Watson when he is clear of criminal charges.

Prospects of getting your guy in the draft get bleaker by the day. If we don't make one of those moves, nothing really moves the needle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Maybe we’ll win 8 games by year 5. 

Good point 

Or deep into the playoffs. You can't say for sure and neither can I but let it play it out first before we go happy with the whole Fire the Coach talk already. 

Edited by zCommander

20 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:
I am almost positive we offered more.

Washington: "We'll give you 3 firsts, 3 seconds, Chase Young, DaRon Payne, a lightly used Taylor Heinicke, and Caps season tickets"

Seattle: "Deal!"

Russ: "Is Snyder still the owner?"

Washington: "...."

Russ: "Nope."

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Going to be 3 pay it and end this

What? I get that we are desperate, but why would we pay MORE for Carr than Denver paid for Wilson?

Nobody wants to come here. Maybe Carr does for a pair of picks. But the only way out of this crap is to draft a QB we control for 5 years, and hope at the end we are respectable enough that they extend with us or we tag them 2x and let them walk hah.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

No one will trade for him till he is cleared.

Then why worry about it? I don’t get the hand wringing with him. He’s NOT cleared and he likely won’t ever be even if he ultimately isn’t charged. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

If he’s not cleared, no it’s not. 

I haven't taken really a stand on Watson, lean more negative than positive.  But no I am not rooting for Watson to end up in Philly and just hope that legal issues bog it down.  I don't want top 10 QBs in the nfc east playing against us -- yeah I get it, we all do, it may or may not unfold well for Watson but its not fun for me to sit back and just hope the Eagles get unlucky with it.   So nope I am not rooting for Watson either to end up in Philly.  But my big concern was Wilson.

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

We aren’t getting Carr. 

Look we all get it here.  We all know the odds work against really every situation where its been said to death its very unlikely going to happen.  So moving the point from "very unlikely" to "we aren't" is likely a safe bet.  But if Keim suggests there a small chance, I'll ride with it.    And again I mean exactly the way I say it -- "small chance" isn't code for "big chance". 

3 minutes ago, Conn said:

We’re going to be hearing this for ages just like with Stafford and while it’s not wrong, it’s going to get old. It already is. It definitely feels like Rivera has been SO open about chasing elite QB’s partially to cover his ass and absolve himself of failure because he can say he tried. And he’s right, and he did try. But it’s still going to end in misery for us, we’re sick of the “trying”. Eventually someone has to deliver or this franchise is well and truly dead. 

Agreed. We came up short again.

I think this should be a reason to why NFL teams should always be looking at QB drafting multiple years out. Theres just too many variables involved. One wrong side and you are out of the convo. Every move should be about position the best you can in a draft.

Shame on Ron and Co by not preparing properly enough to be able to hit on the draft in 2021. Didnt try and better to do better for the 2022 either.

Always said no chance on big 3 qbs…

2 down and re Watson we can’t match eagles with there 3 1st rounders plus !!!

We won’t get Carr, he doesn’t want to leave and new coach not going to trade him..

it would be our luck that Mitch T goes to NYG over us and beats out Jones and lights it up !!!

our best hope to pick someone in the draft, no idea who tho !!!

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I haven't taken really a stand on Watson, lean more negative than positive.  But no I am not rooting for Watson to end up in Philly and just hope that legal issues bog it down.  I don't want top 10 QBs in the nfc east playing against us -- yeah I get it, we all do, it may or may not unfold well for Watson but its not fun for me to sit back and just hope the Eagles get unlucky with it.   So nope I am not rooting for Watson either to end up in Philly.  But my big concern was Wilson.

Look we all get it here.  We all know the odds work against really every situation where its been said to death its very unlikely going to happen.  So moving the point from "very unlikely" to "we aren't" is likely a safe bet.  But if Keim suggests there a small chance, I'll ride with it.    And again I mean exactly the way I say it -- "small chance" isn't code for "big chance". 

Philly wasting picks on a guy who never plays would be fantastic. 

Also, do you. Hope is good. I will never mock anyone for having it. I just hope most of you know that if you hold out both hands and fill one with hope and one with **** which is more full.

We currently have the **** hand with Snyder already so, that’s where I stand.

4 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Washington needs to get Carr.  He's worth 2 1st rounders. 

I've never thought that Carr was on the block seriously.   He's had the best seasons of his career the last few years, he and Gruden found their groove.  And I highly doubt that McDaniels came in there, already 0 for 1 in head coaching tries, thinking he wanted to trade the starting QB and start over. 

• Like 1