Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Here he is, SIP!  Your boy.  I like him too.  He'll need to put on about 10-15 lbs of muscle to survive the NFL.  From the Commander's Twitter site.  :)  Figured you'd be stoked! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Catching up with Keim' podcast from today.  

He flat out said today he thinks they would draft a QB in 2023 if they take someone like Ridder and name that reclamation veteran and they don't look like the answer.  He doesn't think they'd give it time and instead they'd take another one in 2023.  they get big time they need a face of the franchise type of QB and are in Code Red mode to make it happen.

They might have patience if they took Willis considering he's seen as more of an upside project. 

I’ve thought this for a while.  They have to get through 2022 somehow, and if the answer just isn’t there, they have to do the best they can and try again on 2023.

I absolutely do not want them to reach for a QB this year if they don’t think he can be a top 10 guy.  If they have to basically get a bridge QB for this year I’m FA and their backup of the future this year in the draft and try again next year, so be it.  

Sometimes, even if you desperately want something, it’s just not available.  I desperately wanted to date a girl named Sarah in HS, who was a cheerleader, super nice, popular, and just unbelievably attractive.   No matter how much I wanted it, it was never going to happen.  (Her huge mistake, of course).

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That works out great for Jimmy G but does SF get their cap savings if the cut an injured guy? If Jimmy G can't pass a physical they either have to wait until he is healthy to cut him (or eat dead cap) or trade an injured and diminished asset right?

6 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Why would they just release him instead of trading him?

Only thing I can think of is teams maybe are only throwing a low round pick for him, nothing interesting, and the 49ers in turn decide to do him a favor.  Some media folks claims teams do this sometimes for players leaving as a favor typically in situations where you get nothing or hardly anything back for the player.  Most don't. 

Right now I suspect Jimmy G gets traded for a 4th rounder. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Only thing I can think of is teams maybe are only throwing a low round pick for him, nothing interesting, and the 49ers in turn decide to do him a favor.  Some media folks claims teams do this sometimes for players leaving as a favor typically in situations where you get nothing or hardly nothing back for the player.  Most don't. 

Right now I suspect Jimmy G gets traded for a 4th rounder. 

As an Fa he would be a good bridge for us depending on price.

Edited by Redskins 2021

10 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I’ve thought this for a while.  They have to get through 2022 somehow, and if the answer just isn’t there, they have to do the best they can and try again on 2023.

I just dont see the scenario being any better. Its likely to be significantly worse. 

9 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Why would they just release him instead of trading him?

More like why would anyone want to trade for him when they know the 9ers want the cap space 

If the Seahawks don’t want to trade Russell Wilson, it’s time for Rivera to pull out the big guns…..call them nonstop every single day and badger them until they get SO annoyed, that they finally agree. Dial that number in Washington State EVERY hour, on the hour. Then, every half hour. THEN, every 5 minutes. 

that should do the trick :) man, I’d make a great GM! 

@Riggo#44 how did that warrant a thumbs down 😂 don’t think I’d be a good GM?? Is that it??? 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Thumb down 1

I would literally take anyone as our QB other than Jameis Winston. He's a low character, turn over machine and he flat out stinks- in my humble opinion. He played in two of the most QB friendly offenses with Arians in TB and Payton in NO. And while he did have some good moments, overall he was a disaster. 

I don't think having a low life like Winston- who also happens to be a bad quarterback- being the face of our new look franchise is something Rivera would even remotely consider...not even as a bridge option.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Ultimately the Rams and Lions were perfectly matched for a trade including Stafford wanting that specific move. In addition, Rivera didn’t want to go way over the top in trade  capital either.

I guess now it looks like Mitch vs JimmyG as Fa.  A two year deal with either would be ok and we can move on if neither workout.

Wilson said right now he would not play for us. Next year he has one year on his deal his coach is 71 years old he will probably be available.

Edited by Redskins 2021

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I’ve been arguing this when people try to say the team didn’t try hard enough or offer enough. I think what we offered was likely an initial offer and instead of countering the Lions immediately went to the Rams with said offer and said beat it. So that’s exactly what the Rams did without giving us a chance to counter as is typical in negotiations. Let’s say you call Houston for Watson are you offering 3 1sts, a 2, plus Payne and sweat right off the bat? of course you’re not it might get there but it’s not your initial offer. 

24 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

I just dont see the scenario being any better. Its likely to be significantly worse. 

It really just comes down to the evaluation.  If they just don’t think any of the guys in this draft are going to be any good, then trying to force it doesn’t make sense.

If they think there is a Herbert in the draft, they should (and probably would) go up and get them.  

But if they think the best guy maxes out at Jimmy G. Level, you’re wasting assets and time drafting that guy in the first round.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It seems you keep bypassing when SIP addresses that you must have some belief in Dan that he's capable of doing better than Ron. I think that's a real key point to the entire situation.  You mention 'please don't make this job unwantable'.  This job is already unwantable.

So if Ron gets fired, all the guys he brought into the FO are gone as well.  I get it - your response will be that you don't care, they suck, etc.  That's fine really, I'm not here to defend the FO.  But my point is if that happens, Dan will now be left to his own devices to try and land another coach and FO.  What is the likelihood that Dan even has the connections or smarts to first hire a top notch GM and then let them hire a top notch head coach?  0%.

I get you're frustrated and all that but sometimes you need to take a deep breath and be realistic about what our options are and either accept them or move on.

Yeah, the second best outcome is that Ron straightens out the ship and turns Washington into a perennially average, borderline playoff team instead of a constant bottom dweller. That happens sometimes. Sometimes, you get a bridge coach like Pardee that sets the table for a Gibbs or a Lombardi that sets the table for an Allen ;)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

If they think there is a Herbert in the draft, they should (and probably would) go up and get them.  

Think the larger issue will be the number of teams this year drafting high passing on QB will not be doing so next year. Giants Saints Detroit Houston. 4 teams off the top of my head I expect drafting top 10 at worst going for QB. I think we also will be drafting later with an easier schedule and QB play (it cant be worse). Next years class will be significantly better in terms of overall talent but I dont think its going to be as deep.

Unless Jax picks 1.1 for the 3rd straight year I expect Stroud or Young off the board already by pick 2. The teams that trade out of the second QB spot tend to not like dropping too far. Usually only a few picks. We better hope DJ rounds in to shape and Levis steps up a bit. Maybe Anthony Richardson blows up. Regardless of what Rattler does keep him far away from here. But if it doesnt and we only have 1 or 2 options its going to take a RG3 haul to move up from the mid teens to 2 or 3 for the second QB

Edited by Zim489
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, MrJL said:

Just looked it up

Heinicke had a completion percentage of 65%

the league avearge was 64.8%. So he was right at average

Also, it doesn't help any QB when you take away their starting TE and #2 WR....TH forced balls to McLauren almost to a fault because he had little else to throw to, especially when compared to Brady, Stafford and other top tier QB's. The TE's TH had to throw to were Seals -Jones, Bates and Reyes...not exactly Antonio Gates or George Kittle. Give him better weapons and he becomes a better QB just like most any other QB. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Zim489 said:

To promptly lose their first game in the playoffs and struggle to score 17 points at home.

They lost to the eventual Super Bowl runners up by 3 points on a last second FG. It's not like they got blown out.

• Like 4