Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

15 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

I wasnt high on him coming here to begin with. I have felt he was a old school Run the ball Defensive head coach which the NFL isnt about any more.

Ron is not a play caller. At all. He gave the offense to a respected and son of one of the best OCs, who is with the team unofficially and one of the most respected QB coaches.

Hes a figure head and a leader and as you say, a great one.

You agree we tried to get any of those QBs last year, but we were either outbid or had no chance at them, so what's he supposed to do.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, MartinC said:

The Titans showed there is still more than one way to win in the NFL.

Win games yes, win championships though? Alex Smith won many games for the Chiefs but it wasn't until Mahomes they got a Lombardi. I think the Titans will be hard pressed to win it all with Tannehill at QB.

Edited by CobraCommander
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Thanks for posting a picture of yourself. Now everything makes sense...lol

I'm generally a pretty easygoing guy but you've taken this too far, and I refuse to allow this sort of slander to stand.

It takes me hours to get all of that ****ing makeup on and I'll be damned if some half-baked wannabe clown like @Koolblue13is going to get credit for my work.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

I think we're gonna make a Hershel Walker type of offer to Seattle for Russ Wilson...I can just feel it. Something like this:

Seattle recieves:

1st round picks in 2022, 2023, 2024

2nd round pick in 2023, 2025

Kam Curl

Matt Ionaiddis

Taylor Heinicke

Commanders recieve:

Russell Wilson

DK Metcalf

5th round pick in 2023

I can see us doing something along these lines....I wouldn't do it but I think we have reached the point of this kind of a crazy offer to land a QB.

This is like an NBA trade, this doesn’t happen in the NFL lol. 5 players involved plus all the picks? Nah. Love that you added a 5th coming back after all that, so random 

• Like 1

Pickett continues to hit me as the dude with the most personality in this group, him goofing on the Howell comment seems on brand for him.

I did like to see Howell joke a little, he so far has come off to me a bit weird and overly serious, so I like the comments about the Eagles 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That's not hard to tell from all your hit posts on him.  I can't recall a poster so relentless down on a coach we've had.  Maybe me with Zorn?  @Voice_of_Reason with Jay?  :ols:

No.  Even I wasn’t anywhere near as down in Jay as @Zim489 is with Ron.  I questioned jays leadership abilities (allowing a player to give you a purple nerple just shows complete lack of respect) and questioned why we consistently ran on first down for no yards for about 5 years.  And his inability to hire a qualified staff.  (Though acknowledged part of that was Bruce) But I gave him his due on scheming up the passing game and pulling out some very unexpected wins in tough situations. And I always acknowledged he was in a tough spot with the front office.  My biggest beef with other posters is they painted him solely as a victim of circumstance, rather than a contributor to the dysfunction.    L

@Zim489 is critical of everything Ron does from the personnel decisions to the way he parts his hair.  I haven’t seen one thing which balances out the argument. Also, his arguments are mostly based on alternative facts and not actually based in the real world.  I could always back mine up with evidence in some form.  

Also, I wasn’t really out on Jay until after the 2016 season.  I gave him 3 full years.  And for 2 of those years he has a legitimate starting QB. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Pickett continues to hit me as the dude with the most personality in this group, him goofing on the Howell comment seems on brand for him.

I did like to see Howell joke a little, he so far has come off to me a bit weird and overly serious, so I like the comments about the Eagles 

OF course he could hit more shots on a mini hoop with his mini hands!

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, HigSkin said:

This is extremely stupid. Yes, because they’re new. NFL teams are so arrogant about their ability to scout a position they continually miss at, why wouldn’t you swing on someone who can surprise you and grades out as a 1st compared to a below average retread? If they don’t grade out as a 1st round QB in the first place, that’s a different story obviously. But it’s impossible to know what a guy with tools will grow into without seeing them work at it every day, and that will continue to create a luck factor that can’t be accounted for. So in that regard, a more mysterious new face over a known one is always a slightly better bet. Again, if they grade out high enough to warrant the pick in the first place, obviously. 

Edited by Conn

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Honestly I'm not all that perturbed by him not running. We know he can run and we know he's fast. His ability to pass is the bigger issue. Though it would be interesting to see what sort of 40 time he could put up. Maybe he'll run it at his pro day.

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

@Zim489 is critical of everything Ron does from the personnel decisions to the way he parts his hair.  I haven’t seen one thing which balances out the argument. Also, his arguments are mostly based on alternative facts and not actually based in the real world.  I could always back mine up with evidence in some form.  

I hate average. I think hes worlds better than Jay but doesnt mean Ron is up to an acceptable level. I think hes a great man and incredible leader but thats not enough to overcome his deficiencies (seemingly out of date Broadview philosophies, loyalty at fault, valuing of relationships over talent).

I think hes average to decent. I hate that level. Be good or be bad. Rather be bad than average. At least with bad theres a hope of a future. The average level keeps you in the... average level. ****ing tired of it. We've been in that spot my entire life as a fan. I'm 32 now and my first memory really is Michael Westbrook fighting teammates on ESPN. Its been meh at best. I want them to be great. If they cant be bad so you can continue to take swings at elite QB options to hopefully carry them to great teams. 

Catching up with Keim' podcast from today.  

He flat out said today he thinks they would draft a QB in 2023 if they take someone like Ridder and name that reclamation veteran and they don't look like the answer.  He doesn't think they'd give it time and instead they'd take another one in 2023.  they get big time they need a face of the franchise type of QB and are in Code Red mode to make it happen.

They might have patience if they took Willis considering he's seen as more of an upside project. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

….stafford is a “bust” with the rams…..? Did he not throw a crucial TD pass in the super bowl that kinda helped them win? 

Herbert has been “meh”? Huh?

burrow is “meh”? Huh? 

are you just really bad with context clues in your day to day life? lol you crack me up man I love it 

Edit: I see you’ve been made fun of already, I respect you for not editing the post! 

Edited by Conn

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He doesn't think they'd give it time and instead they'd take another one in 2023

Dont know how he is going to get one of them. Going to have to find some more picks to move up. And its playing out exactly like I said it would be. A code red scenario where its 100% being forced to win in a rookie year. That always works out great. 

Edited by Zim489

59 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

I wasnt high on him coming here to begin with. I have felt he was a old school Run the ball Defensive head coach which the NFL isnt about any more. I think its bad way to build your team for long term success to go that route. 

Thats really not how we have been running offense though. Easy example is we used pre-snap motion more than almost any team in the game last year. Old School run the ball play defense did not use a bunch of pre-snap motion if I remember correctly.  

And thats was without our pre-snap motion guy on the field basically all season. If nothing else I feel like you can give him slack there. He's not holding the offense to old school ideas if nothing else. 

16 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Dont know how he is going to get one of them. Going to have to find some more picks to move up. And its playing out exactly like I said it would be. A code red scenario where its 100% being forced to win in a rookie year. That always works out great. 

Wouldn't losing a lot of games with a rookie QB in '22 set em up for an early draft pick in '23 if it goes that way?  What's the scenario where the draft pick this year is bad, but somehow they still win 7 games?  I guess rookie could play right up to the level of QB play we had last year, but even then wouldn't it be more optimistic getting that level of play out of a rookie starting right away than a veteran?

19 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Catching up with Keim' podcast from today.  

He flat out said today he thinks they would draft a QB in 2023 if they take someone like Ridder and name that reclamation veteran and they don't look like the answer.  He doesn't think they'd give it time and instead they'd take another one in 2023.  they get big time they need a face of the franchise type of QB and are in Code Red mode to make it happen.

They might have patience if they took Willis considering he's seen as more of an upside project. 

In this case I'm not really sure I understand the point of taking a QB in the 2nd round then. If they think the guy in question has a good shot of becoming a franchise QB, wouldn't they'd take him at 11?

And if the guy falls to the 2nd because he's got physical talent and upside but would need some work to start in the NFL (I'm thinking Ridder, for example) then usually that's a guy you'd give some time to...but if they turn around and draft another guy in the 1st next year then they didn't really give the upside guy a chance to see what he could do.

• Like 1