Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

16 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

think the swinging for the fences would extend to next year if it comes to that. 

And that’s what I’m terrified of. A guy backed into the corner who has no future giving the future away. That and I honestly have no trust in this FO picking the right guy. Nothing in Their history suggest they can make the right decisionv

7 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

And that’s what I’m terrified of. A guy backed into the corner who has no future giving the future away. That and I honestly have no trust in this FO picking the right guy. Nothing in Their history suggest they can make the right decisionv

Judging based on rumors and some facts

They tried to trade for Stafford.  Wrong?  Stafford a bust with the Rams

According to Keim, Hurney loved Herbert before that draft.  Wrong.  Herbert has been "meh"

They took Cam.  Bust. "meh"

They wanted to trade for Fields.  (I admit that's TBD now, will see)

They loved Burrow and would have taken him if he was at 2.  "Meh"

They would have taken Mac Jones if he fell to 19.  "Meh"

So a lot of evidence that Rivera and his people if they like a target it probably would be the wrong target?

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

According to Keim, Hurney loved Herbert before that draft.  Wrong.  Herbert has been "meh"

So a lot of evidence that Rivera and his people if they like a target it probably would be the wrong target?

But in the 15 year history previous what history is there in the actual picks they’ve made or teams built? Outside of 2 number one picks and honestly under achieving teams given the QBs selected they have a very underwhelming staff 

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

….stafford is a “bust” with the rams…..? Did he not throw a crucial TD pass in the super bowl that kinda helped them win? 

Herbert has been “meh”? Huh?

burrow is “meh”? Huh? 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

1 minute ago, Zim489 said:

But in the 15 year history previous what history is there in the actual picks they’ve made or teams built? Outside of 2 number one picks and honestly under achieving teams given the QBs selected they have a very underwhelming staff 

Why do you hate Ron so much? You're as bad as 2000.

f4c335b3c201a85db9e1156f2c486e1f641e6979a9b1243d52d4fa22f3731b70_1.jpg

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

….stafford is a “bust” with the rams…..? Did he not throw a crucial TD pass in the super bowl that kinda helped them win? 

burrow is “meh”? Huh? 

You are exceptional at understanding sarcasm. 

• Haha 12
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

You switch the topic here.  I think there is no way to talk you out of Ron sucks, so I probably stop here.

Cam was their QB for most of his tenure, that went well, not poorly.

Plenty of evidence, heck if I recall Riggo Rag did an article on this that Ron's targets at QB have been the right targets.  He just needs to get his man this time.

My personal plan for the QB position would be as follows.

1. Take a big swing at Wilson. I'd be willing to package two first round picks, a second this year and a starter of Seattles choice not named Terry McLaurin. I don't expect the trade to happen though. 

2. Target Jameis Winston and give him a deal that cements him as the starter for this season with an incentive heavy deal and allows us to get out after year 2. Draft a QB round 3 or later to develop as a long term backup/competition. If Winston balls out you extend him after this season on starter money. If not we are betting the farm on a QB in the 2023 draft.

3. If we strike out on Winston I would move onto Mariotta and then Trubisky. I would NEED to have another vet under contract before the draft - no way i want to be going into the draft without someone under contract that I view as the day 1 starter.

4. Absolute last resort of we crap out on all the above and we enter the draft without a starter under contract we have to trade up to a position where we know we can get the top QB on our board. And thats likely Pickett. I would hate to be in that position.

If other teams make moves that bring other QBs onto the market then thats something you react to. I would be interested in trading for say Tua or Mayfield if they could be had for less than first round pick or maybe say a deal like the Colts sent the Eagles for Wentz - a second this year and future first if they meet performance goals. I would not have interest in Wentz personally if he hits the market unless it was as a free agent then he might go ahead of Winston on a similar kind of deal.

7 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

burrow is “meh”? Huh? 

You missed the sarcasm.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

You are exceptional at understanding sarcasm. 

Ahhh. I see the joke now. 

He was explaining how those were indeed all the right QBs to target.

IN MY DEFENSE, there’s a LOT of bad takes on this board, difficult sometimes to tell the difference. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

burrow is “meh”? Huh? 

Burrow isn't terrible?  Stafford didn't bust this year?  :ols:

If I have to explain the sarcasm in that post, I am gathering it comes off like those are maybe debateable points?    Maybe I should have hit then Brady instead?  😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Ahhh. I see the joke now. 

He was explaining how those were indeed all the right QBs to target.

IN MY DEFENSE, there’s a LOT of bad takes on this board, difficult sometimes to tell the difference. 

While that's fair, reading up to a post is a great way to not flip on hot takes.

Thanks for not giving me the thumb.  :ols:

• Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

49ers really need to move Jimmy G to get that 25mil in cap space back before free agency. Him being injured for 4 months isn’t great for that at all. They may be looking at a conditional 2023 pick for him at this rate.

Yeah I think everyone knows that the 9ers want the cap space more than the pick. They can cut him for 22 mil in cap savings. Its why I think Jimmy G goes for way lower than anyone thinks. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Why do you hate Ron so much? You're as bad as 2000.

I wasnt high on him coming here to begin with. I have felt he was a old school Run the ball Defensive head coach which the NFL isnt about any more. I think its bad way to build your team for long term success to go that route. 

I think Ron is a good person and a fantastic leader but him leading a team as a HC and main shot caller on all things football leave a ton to be desired. He miscalculated what would happen in the 2020 season and now has the team squarely in a purgatory with no real way out of it in either direction. I think the 2020 season was the most obvious case of "we should tank this year" in recent history for maybe any team in the NFL over the last year. You had the Owners (known idiot) hand picked QB in a covid ravaged offseason with a good portion of the staff still on hand telling you "yeah we didnt want him and was over drafted by 2 rounds". You could have easily guessed that it wasnt going to work out there so you knew you were going to need a QB. The 2021 class in even June was already going to have at least 3 top 5 options in Trey Lance Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields. Then we go out and win the second worst division in professional sports history to make the playoffs dropping our draft spot 10 spots from 9th to 19th. Totally out of space to get one of the QBs. 

I never thought Ron would win here but felt that he would put good people in place through the organization. Sets them up for the next step for the next guy. But then in the 2021 offseason he builds one of the worst Front offices in the league with 3 failed GMs from losing organizations.

Were just wasting time with him but were stuck with him for another 2 years

3 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

I wasnt high on him coming here to begin with. I have felt he was a old school Run the ball Defensive head coach which the NFL isnt about any more. I think its bad way to build your team for long term success to go that route. 

The Titans showed there is still more than one way to win in the NFL.

• Like 2

Posted this in the Draft thread, but figured it might be interesting in here too.

New JT O'sullivan video on Malik Willis today

Some common themes:

Clearly an elite athlete and runner with tons of agility

Great arm

Can make some beautiful touch passes at times

Rarely throws with anticipation

Misses reads that are very open too often

Gets caught looking at the LOS and pass rushers instead of keeping his eyes downfield

Inconsistent footwork and accuracy

• Like 3