Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

3 hours ago, Command The 414 said:

Of course you can say way back when the Yankees handed out #’s in conjunction with their batting lineup… thus Ruth being 3 and Mantle 4 and Joe DiMaggio 5 etc….

Mickey Mantle was 7 and batted fourth. Lou Gehrig was 4 and batted fourth. Joe DiMaggio's original number was 9 and he batted third.

:229:The Rook

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, The Rook said:

Mickey Mantle was 7 and batted fourth. Lou Gehrig was 4 and batted fourth. Joe DiMaggio's original number was 9 and he batted third.

:229:The Rook

I checked confused cause I was confused not you or your post …. TY for the fix 

Edited by Command The 414
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Ever since Todd Collins, I've found 15 to be a respectable number. Something about Chiefs QBs seems to do #15 justice.

I want to see a QB roll with #19. Nobody seems interested in having the last number option on the chart.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

Ever since Todd Collins, I've found 15 to be a respectable number. Something about Chiefs QBs seems to do #15 justice.

I want to see a QB roll with #19. Nobody seems interested in having the last number option on the chart.

Jeff Hostetler worn it as well when he played for the Redskins….and 19 is definitely a partial number in my house hold…. 19 is the # my Son has worn since he played tee ball and he’s stuck with it through out his baseball journey… he’s going to D3 Saint Vincent College next year and it looks like he won’t be getting it since a current Jr has it… not since Joe Montana with the Chiefs do I remember a #19… oh Scott Mitchell for Detroit was too

Edited by Command The 414
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/6/2024 at 9:53 AM, shemp nixon said:

If JD5 wants the number, he should pony up for it. 20 grand should do it.

If he pans out then 20 grand will be the kind of money he wipes his ass with. Oh to be a professional athlete

Edited by WashingtonRedWolves
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Conn said:

When good old "Hot Take Freddy" is giving one of his patented world famous "hot takes", there's only two things a discerning man can do--

1. Listen closely.

2. Believe whatever you hear.

👍 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Command The 414 said:

Jeff Hostetler worn it as well when he played for the Redskins….and 19 is definitely a partial number in my house hold…. 19 is the # my Son has worn since he played tee ball and he’s stuck with it through out his baseball journey… he’s going to D3 Saint Vincent College next year and it looks like he won’t be getting it since a current Jr has it… not since Joe Montana with the Chiefs do I remember a #19… oh Scott Mitchell for Detroit was too

Johnny Unitas 19 Colts, Wore 15 at Louisville and it's retired. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

for all you guys thinking we can just ask our Franchise player to give up his jersey number... let me remind you who carried this team on his back during the past few years.  LOL

2019NFL.JPG.f485f82b62486c489a2871eaf7381f7e.JPG

Edited by petey hodge
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, oraphus said:

Here is an interesting take... Lamar Jackson said he dropped his weight to 205lbs.. same weight he was 2 years ago when he won the MVP...thats not that much heavier than JD. Makes me feel better about JDs weight now.

The weight stuff was/is overblown.

The real issue is and always will be avoiding the car crashes, b/c your weight is pretty much meaningless in those situations. You'll break if your 190 or 250.

Hence my obsession w/ exposing him to a slide coach that boarders on zealotry.

Lamar is pretty great at not getting hit by nuclear bombs, he can afford to give up a few pounds. JD will need to be adept at this as well. We will see if he is at the NFL level

Lamar was 216lbs at the combine. Was 230lbs 2 years ago, before getting down to 215lbs last year and 205lbs now. Crazy ability to reshape his body and remain athletic.

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, Conn said:

🚨 BREAKING NEWS 🚨 

he has put the hat back on, we’re all safe

Hat was backwards for 90% of that too. Dude is fully bought in!!1

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

The weight stuff was/is overblown.

The real issue is and always will be avoiding the car crashes, b/c your weight is pretty much meaningless in those situations. You'll break if your 190 or 250.

No it's not overblown

A 250 lb QB gets far greater force when they run than a 200 pound quarterback, assuming similar speeds at collision.

And that size and speed combo absolutely puts them in better position to shrug some hits off.

Having said that, I agree with your overall premise. It doesn't matter if he's 205 if he learns to avoid hits rather than take them on like a crash test dummy. 

• Thumb up 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Llevron said:

Hat was backwards for 90% of that too. Dude is fully bought in!!1

Interesting behind the scenes "take"...

Apparently, after the Top Golf event JD taught Quinn his secret, eyes only, fast attack dap and Quinn told him on the ride to the airport, "Next time I see you it will be after the draft. Can't  tell you who we're picking as AP's a stickler about that, but let's just say-- I'll practice dapping up this week because you're my guy!"

Then last week after the draft JD5 showed up to Commanders Park smiling with his hat on straight and pointed forward.

When he met up with his new buddy DQ they hugged and elaborately dapped it up super fast and furious.

Then they both spontaneously  broke out laughing and hugged it out super tight while miving side to side along with plenty of  back slaps aand loud popping hand stinging high fives.

Then Quinn looked at Jayden shook his head with disapproval and said, "Kid you in the pros now, let me show you how us old school playas from way back in the Himalayas do things", and he rotated his cap backwards for him.

Daniels hasn't changed it since.

The legend of Jayden Daniels grows.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 2

The weight factor is an interesting one and one that has lost a lot of value in the NBA in recent seasons. I always like to compare both and feel that the NBA is typically about ten years ahead of the NFL in most areas. I haven’t taken the time to do extensive research on weight related to injuries at any position, and it would require deciphering which injuries are actually weight related.

Walter Payton weighed 203 pounds.

Jerome Bettis 251 pounds.

Both were ironmen at the running back position.

No argument from me that injuries are a concern and part of his growth must include avoiding hits. 

On 5/7/2024 at 3:30 PM, NickyJ said:

That would have been JJ McCarthy's # has we signed him but I/m thinking #15 is right for JD.  

I hope Tress didn't give up is number. He has been one of the few bright spots on this team. He shouldn't be pressured to give up his number. He is to nice I feel like he would/will and that's not right. Let hope he keeps his number 

10 minutes ago, FlyBigBeard said:

I hope Tress didn't give up is number. He has been one of the few bright spots on this team. He shouldn't be pressured to give up his number. He is to nice I feel like he would/will and that's not right. Let hope he keeps his number 

He's a grown man, if he's OK with being compensated for a number change, so be it. Same goes for if he declines the request. 

• Like 1