Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

21 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The league makes the same mistakes all the time. Its Allen and Herbert all over again. Teams are terrified of high upside but raw prospects because they don't trust their coaching and can't see the forest beyond the trees.

Maye will end up in New England and by 2026 be putting up Pro Bowl caliber seasons and everyone will be shouting "how the heck did we let the Patriots get good again!?"

While I'm inclined to think you're right Warheads, I could see Maye being ruined by that landing spot (and the Giants for that matter). With the Pats, its an average to below average line, no pass catching weapons worth a damn, and jag rb's beyond our recently ejected Gibson whose the only guy with athleticism whose ever done anything at all in the league (Tyquan has been injured and unproductive). That is a terrible landing spot and on top of that, supposedly there may not be an empowered GM anymore. That's a horror show.

The Giants have crap at WR, nothing at RB, I dont remember what their OL is like, and a solid TE. It's another terrible landing spot. Basically he needs to land with Minny or his first two years are UNC redux, but maybe even worse, comparatively speaking to the opponents (UNC was better, as bad as it was, compared to its peers, than the Giants and Pats are to theirs). 

So he might just bust entirely due to landing in a total ---- show environment, David Carr style. It's frustrating. We're his best landing spot after Minny, but it sounds like we aren't even considering him. It will be karma for being stupid if he hits (in my view) but for the FO, not the poor fans that will have gone 90 years since they last successfully drafted and developed a blue chip QB (Baugh). I guess it fits. We just don't know how to do this.  I hope I'm wrong. 

While I'm inclined to think you're right Warheads, I could see Maye being ruined by that landing spot (and the Giants for that matter). With the Pats, its an average to below average line, no pass catching weapons worth a damn, and jag rb's beyond our recently ejected Gibson whose the only guy with athleticism whose ever done anything at all in the league (Tyquan has been injured and unproductive). That is a terrible landing spot and on top of that, supposedly there may not be an empowered GM anymore. That's a horror show.

The Giants have crap at WR, nothing at RB, I dont remember what their OL is like, and a solid TE. It's another terrible landing spot. Basically he needs to land with Minny or his first two years are UNC redux, but maybe even worse, comparatively speaking to the opponents (UNC was better, as bad as it was, compared to its peers, than the Giants and Pats are to theirs). 

So he might just bust entirely due to landing in a total ---- show environment, David Carr style. It's frustrating. We're his best landing spot after Minny, but it sounds like we aren't even considering him. It will be karma for being stupid if he hits (in my view) but for the FO, not the poor fans that will have gone 90 years since they last successfully drafted and developed a blue chip QB (Baugh). I guess it fits. We just don't know how to do this.  I hope I'm wrong. 

3 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

Hey,....just checking in....I think you're doing great.

Just wanted to make a quick point.

It's the top five of the NFL Draft.

Wherever he goes, it's a terrible landing spot.

They are all terrible landing spots.

They are always terrible landing spots.

Washington is a terrible landing spot.

Okay. Thanks for hearing me out.

• Haha 4

Sounds like the Pats are gonna go Maye at #3.

A. Sounds like they're assuming we are def. going Daniels at #2

B. They may have Maye over Daniels anyway

Giants want to move up for Maye. Same with Min.

So everyone wants Maye. Is this because they're all assuming Daniels is off the table, or because they all have Maye above Daniels.

Gosh I hope we pick Maye. I'm getting real bad vibes from Daniels. 

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
  • Like 2

Shrager is now backtracking on his Daniels to D.C. and says he isn't sure anymore. He and Kingsbury are boys and even Kingsbury isn't telling him, and there are reports that Peters hasn't even told Kingsbury who the pick will be.

• Like 2

Scared, I wasnt scared for a draft from the 2019 "please dont draft a quarterback in the first rounds"

Is the future for at least the next 3 years, 3 years of drama of tense wait or of hapiness

and I will draft, no doubt, the greener Maye, is more of a pocket passer and he can develop into somethig special with his improvisations, but Im almost sure that they gonna draft Daniels, right now is more solid and  you can have a good show from day 1 with his running,  is a good short term decision even from a bussiness point, no less than 1-2 years of a fun show

but is hard not to have the RG3 syndrome, at least Daniels looks less stubborn than RG3 and he is trying to reduce the most stupid move that he makes jump cut and hurdles in heavy traffic, so if RG3 could survive a full regular season maybe Daniels can survive more time

the other nightmare is that Maye develop in a special player and he landed with the Giants

btw if someone find out in a few weeks that our quarterback is designing his own logo, please dont share...it will be depressing 😀

Edited by 28 RDsk

14 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Hey,....just checking in....I think you're doing great.

Just wanted to make a quick point.

It's the top five of the NFL Draft.

Wherever he goes, it's a terrible landing spot.

They are all terrible landing spots.

They are always terrible landing spots.

Washington is a terrible landing spot.

Okay. Thanks for hearing me out.

I don't think they're all bad, Chicago isn't bad, Washington is poor but not horrible, the Patriots are poor to horrible, the Giants are poor to horrible, the Raiders are poor to horrible, a vikes trade up would be great. It depends. The Chargers are picking 5th, they definitely aren't horrible, though they had a horrible year.

On 4/17/2024 at 3:34 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

So hoping it’s not Daniel’s!  But if it is.  I hope I’m completely wrong about him.  Just don’t think he will last very long.  And we will still be in qb hell!   

• Thumb up 2

All in on Daniels if no other reason than I am so sick of blogger boys jerking it to Drake Maye. Good Lord -- someone towel off the guys at the Ringer.

Of course, if we do take Maye, I'll be all in!

9 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Shrager is now backtracking on his Daniels to D.C. and says he isn't sure anymore. He and Kingsbury are boys and even Kingsbury isn't telling him, and there are reports that Peters hasn't even told Kingsbury who the pick will be.

I've been consistent on this, the only one who knows who we are taking is @KDawg 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It was interesting to be an observer of this thread as I exercised amazing restraint during my self-imposed moratorium from posting here. my favorite part is the one or two McCarthy fans desperately trying to initiate conversation with random platitudes because no one has ever seen him play football. This is a recap of what I’ve seen this week.

8 posts arguing whether Daniels is great or sucks

followed by 6 random posts about bacon or something 

followed by someone saying we could still take Maye

followed by 10 more Daniel’s is awesome / sucks posts

followed by 4 posts about Lance Reddick or something 

followed by “JJ McCarthy is a good boy who’s crazy bout Elvis, loves horses, and America too”

followed by some more Daniels rules / sucks posts

repeat

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

I don't think they're all bad, Chicago isn't bad, Washington is poor but not horrible, the Patriots are poor to horrible, the Giants are poor to horrible, the Raiders are poor to horrible, a vikes trade up would be great. It depends. The Chargers are picking 5th, they definitely aren't horrible, though they had a horrible year.

All bad!

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Ben Standing also is not sure and he's a multi time mock draft champion. He accurately predicted Forbes last year.

I don't think Daniels is the lock everyone thinks he is.

Here’s to hoping this is all true and imho Ben Standig is a guy who doesn’t get enough credit… 

Hey guys, I know this is crazy... 

So I apologize.

Instead of debating whether mock drafts are right, wrong or somewhere in between... we could wait 8 hours and find out for sure.

In the meantime, let's all post entertaining stuff for Sacks N Stuff to post about.

I'll start:

Rumor has it that Jayden Daniels has the ability to morph into other anthropomorphic organisms and he does random goofy things...

Here is he is in action:

These Cheer Up Memes Are Sure to Raise A Smile | Best Wishes and Quotes ...

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

This has literally never been what great vision meant until now lmao 

wtf guys 

If you had great vision you would’ve seen those goalposts moving, man 

• Haha 3