Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

I am more than good with Daniels but I'd be excited about this if it were Maye but too much smoke that its McCarthy as #2 on their board not Maye.  I'll deal with it if its McCarthy i the end, love his floor, but the ceiling doesn't get me that jazzed.

Am still guessing its Daniels though

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

LMAO!

Damn, imagine the havoc Snyders could have created by Dan, Tanya, and their son starting a twitter war by each staking their claim on a QB prospect and arguing back and forth in public.

• Haha 1

Nick Saban saying Daniels was the most difficult player to defend for them the last 2 years. 

Just to piss some of you off he also compared him to Randell Cunningham lol. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb down 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, moondog said:

Let’s say the chargers offered Herbert and a 3rd

The best you are going to leave with tonight is an unproven quarterback. Nobody is trading a proven quarterback for an unproven quarterback, and certainly not giving up future draft picks as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WashingtonRedWolves said:

Daniels lower than rattler is quite a take

Dude, watch his game against Georgia from this season.  He can sling it!  I think he is a very natural thrower of the ball.  Kind of reminds me of the slower, slightly weaker armed version of Caleb.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ST_DaGoat21 said:

Dude, watch his game against Georgia from this season.  He can sling it!  I think he is a very natural thrower of the ball.  Kind of reminds me of the slower, slightly weaker armed version of Caleb.

He got benched for Caleb when Caleb was a freshman....Just saying. 

23 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Maybe they just trade for Aiyuk during the draft. Great player, and good friends with JD of course. QBs can play until late 30's easy, if healthy.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Nick Saban saying Daniels was the most difficult player to defend for them the last 2 years. 

I mean yeah. He was ~22 years old facing 19-20 year olds.

• Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I still remember him pulling his hair out in the halftime interview versus LSU, 'that kid is everywhere, he's killing us' type comments... and then he let Dallas Turner off the leash for that ejection-worthy hit that knocked Daniels out of the game after putting up 382 yards and 28 points in 3 quarters. Freaking Saban.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Three way trade makes sense.

McCarthy ain't lasting long.

I've thrown out so many things at this point around this scenario but here's the most likely IMO ...

Raiders send #13, #77, '25 1st, Aiden O'Connell to NE for #3

Raiders send #3, #44 to Washington for #2

Raiders basically trade #13, #44, #77, '25 1st and O'Connell for #2

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Llevron said:

He definitely was. Bama had no answer for Daniels. He was fantastic against them. I watched that tape numerous times. And imo this years Bama game was the best all around game of Daniels career. He had multiple drops, an int that was not his fault and was unstoppable with his legs. Daniels is going to be exciting as hell to watch. I just hope he can stay healthy. 

• Like 2

Just now, Dah-Dee said:

I still remember him pulling his hair out in the halftime interview versus LSU, 'that kid is everywhere, he's killing us' type comments... and then he let Dallas Turner off the leash for that ejection-worthy hit that knocked Daniels out of the game after putting up 382 yards and 28 points in 3 quarters. Freaking Saban.

You think NFL coaches wont do the same thing? And with players even bigger, faster, and stronger? If JD couldnt take that hit and keep playing, his career will end in game 1.

• Thumb down 3

5 minutes ago, CommandB11 said:

You think NFL coaches wont do the same thing? And with players even bigger, faster, and stronger? If JD couldnt take that hit and keep playing, his career will end in game 1.

No human being can stand up to repeated intentional targeted illegal hits.

No one.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

I mean yeah. He was ~22 years old facing 19-20 year olds.

Thats right. How could I forget that age is the most defining factor in football. You would think that Saban would have kept that in mind playing against the willy vet! 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, CommandB11 said:

That's why I've got us drafting Sam Hartman's Hair in the 6th, and the rest of Sam in the 7th. 

Just now, Dah-Dee said:

That's why I've got us drafting Sam Hartman's Hair in the 6th, and the rest of Sam in the 7th. 

Man is a walking QB controversy. As a dude who is confident in his straightness I can say he is too good lookin'.

Get ugly or bust. You can't look like that and be an NFL QB. Its not fair to the rest of us.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

No matter how many times I watched that game I thought it was a bad example of who he wants to be at the next level, personally. I don't like how much he relied on his legs and he wasn't imo throwing it as well as he did in other games. Now, the defense was giving him some funky looks and trying to bait him into things. He didn't fall for them and i guess i have to give him credit for that. But I never liked that game for him really. But pretty much everyone else , Saban included apparently, agrees with you. 

10 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

He definitely was. Bama had no answer for Daniels. He was fantastic against them. I watched that tape numerous times. And imo this years Bama game was the best all around game of Daniels career. He had multiple drops, an int that was not his fault and was unstoppable with his legs. Daniels is going to be exciting as hell to watch. I just hope he can stay healthy. 

I dont know why I felt like he was late on a bunch of throws. I know I got that from Kurt Warners film session on it so maybe i will rewatch it without him and see how i feel. 

55 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Damn,this is turning into a fun day!!

I love it when this place us filled with positive energy abd excitement!

The doom and gloom stuff has the exact opposite effect, however.

But today is starting off great!

AP hasn't even ****ing told Kingsburry what he's gonna do!!! lol

The stones on this guy!

I'm buying a 91 short bed brick, with the 4spd and possibly accepting a dream job today. It's a great day!

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

I cant imagine a world where GMAP and DQ want to draft a guy whose main goal is to win the QB rushing title.  

Me thinks they might have larger goals and want a QB with slightly more lofty team goals. 

But hey, to each their own. 

With all the downsides people are listing I xan see Maye or Jj lasting till 9.  In this case the first three QBs are taken, and everyone else opts to take their guy rather than trading down. At 9 the Bears trade to the Broncos or Raiders to get a little extra draft capital and deny the Vikings

Just now, illone said:

I cant imagine a world where GMAP and DQ want to draft a guy whose main goal is to win the QB rushing title.  

Me thinks they might have larger goals and want a QB with slightly more lofty team goals. 

But hey, to each their own. 

He didnt say that - just FYI. The click bait title does say that. But he did not. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Man is a walking QB controversy. As a dude who is confident in his straightness I can say he is too good lookin'.

Get ugly or bust. You can't look like that and be an NFL QB. Its not fair to the rest of us.

Pretty sure this was explained in great depth by @Forehead a number of years ago and is now accepted as fact.