Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

7 minutes ago, MartinC said:

You have to be kidding me. 

He may not have been used as much as runner in College but he’s elite as runner. Elite.

There are three QBs who have run for 1k in a season in the NFL. Vick, Jackson and Fields. That’s the list. 

What does that have to do with what I said?

This is what I said: People have completely overrated or just have amnesia when it comes to Fields in college.

Mariota will work better with Daniels as far as helping him along, way better than he would with Maye.

Really is that simple and my money is on us taking Daniels as it has been for awhile now.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Cool Hwhip said:

Mariota will work better with Daniels as far as helping him along, way better than he would with Maye.

Really is that simple and my money is on us taking Daniels as it has been for awhile now.

Why would Mariota work better with Daniels?

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Cool Hwhip said:

There’s no reason at all to believe this. Mariota is actually much more simile to Maye than Daniels, but I’ve explained that at least four times in this thread so I won’t go into it again 

• Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, Cool Hwhip said:

What does Mariota have anything to do with who we draft?  One would hope they simply pick the best quarterback available at the number #2 pick.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, MartinC said:

You have to be kidding me. 

Nope. Like every True Crusader, TNC is deadly serial. 😛

Interesting TNC found the conversation here "circular and boring" and had to get away for awhile (which I can sympathize with), but then upon returning engages in the same repetitive slant TNC had been doing, albeit at a mercifully reduced rate from that previous fire hose of pro Daniels povs from every one with an X account or any other media source known to man. 👹

• Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, Cool Hwhip said:

Really, it's this simple.  No one knows what Peters and Co. will do.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Cool Hwhip said:

brooklyn99-brooklyn-nine-nine.gif

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

What does that have to do with what I said?

This is what I said: People have completely overrated or just have amnesia when it comes to Fields in college.

This bit stands out. It’s just wrong. 

Fields is more like Allen as a runner. He's going to help you when you get close to the endzone or need to pick up a first down 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MartinC said:

This bit stands out. It’s just wrong. 

Fields is more like Allen as a runner. He's going to help you when you get close to the endzone or need to pick up a first down 

Ot, but doesn't all the running QB buzz in recent years really make you appreciate Vick all over again? And I know he's the supreme scrambler more than the track star speed demon but I think of old Fran Tarkenton more these days. Talk about extending plays or making something out of a busted play by getting a first with your arm (in particular).

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Its gonna be Maye and its likely been Maye for a while. 

I went to the draft thread and looked at what I had posted as the top prospects for 2024. The thread was started after the 2023 draft. And the top 3 are Harrison Jr, Williams and Maye. Harrison won't go 1st since now the Bears need a QB. But the 2nd QB on the top 10 was Maye. We can thank EB and Ron for getting us the 2nd pick. Maye to be or not to be. :) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cool Hwhip said:

If our front office drafts Daniels because he will work better with Mariota, we are idiots.

That's like chosing the type of new car you are going to buy to match your travel mug.

Edited by DiscoBob
  • Haha 8
  • Thumb up 2

10 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Yes. We are either trading up for #1 or taking either Maye, Daniels or JJ at #2. 

We're trading up to #1 for Joe Alt. We need to build the line before we can get a QB.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Yes. We are either trading up for #1 or taking either Maye, Daniels or JJ at #2. 

I was hoping we could trade down with the pats and get JJ, Drake, or Jayden there and pick up an extra pick or 2. But that’s only because I’d be happy with any of the top 4 guys, I’d be ok with a trade way down for a tackle if it were possible to land Bo nix in the second round. I’m happy with whatever the GM decides, for the first time in a long time, I think we’ve got the right people running the organization. Penix injury history concerns me a little, but I’d be ok with a starting left tackle in the first and Penix in the second as well, as long as we get a great haul of picks.

But what I want most and still hopeful for is Caleb.

Edited by mac8887

14 minutes ago, dunfer said:

Who would Snyder want?

We have no idea how to grade qbs, but we may be able to figure out who Dan Snyder would want and improve our odds by picking somebody else

Who cares what he would want? The problem is he would put them in a piss poor environment where failure is the most likely outcome. Moving on from that clown.

Just now, 88Comrade2000 said:

We are trading our #2 to Atlanta for some guy named Taylor Heinicke.

Oh gosh, that lady Sabbah constantly calls 980 with her obsession over him would be on cloud 9.

2 hours ago, WashingtonRedWolves said:

There is some serious buzz and hype out there pushing mccarthy up to us at the #2 pick. Yeesh

I’m sure there are quite a few teams that would love to see that. New England for example… The Chargers…

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff