Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

35 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

2/2/1....started with an apple cider brine for 20 minutes then coated them in mustard and rub. Just started my wrap at the 165 clutch. Probe says 170....gonna be close tonight. 

Mmmm hmmm. And what exactly is in that rub? 

45 minutes ago, Conn said:

Hopefully not applicable this weekend, but interesting and reassuring nonetheless. A lot can happen during a rookie contract. 

This jives with my personal experience. I met St. Brown's father at a local bar in southern california a few years ago. Their family is from SoCal. We were watching a Lions game, and he was really concerned about how Detroit's staff was using him then. This was early in Amon-Ra's rookie year. He lamented his son getting drafted by Detroit.

Worked out pretty well overall, I'd say.

Edited by ExoDus84
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

This jives with my personal experience. I met St. Brown's father at a local bar in southern california a few years ago. Their family is from SoCal. We were watching a Lions game, and he was really concerned about how Detroit's staff was using him then. This was early in Amon-Ra's rookie year. He lamented his son getting drafted by Detroit.

Worked out pretty well overall, I'd say.

Trust me, if you had no team allegiance like we do, and you were a young man getting tours of facilities and places to live.... Ashburn would not be high on list.

50 percent of the league probably wants to be in LA, Las Vegas, or Miami. 

It all works out in the end. 

Edited by Hooper

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Glad Maye will be a Patriot. I won't have to root against him. He's such a likable dude and he's gonna be a star if they can build properly around him.

Would rather root for him in B&G

• Like 3

Just now, Dah-Dee said:

Jeremiah: Just got a call from an asst GM, thinks we could see 6 QBs go... in the first 13 picks.

Hope so. Pushes more talent down to our other picks.

• Like 1

Dah dee.. haven't you always been a JD guy just pretending you wanted Maye over him? 

I can think of reasons some people might do that the way some thread regs were giving blowback to both the squad of new members, and a few longtime members who hadn't posted much for awhile, came in to hype up JD with a lot of energy. 😄

I just have noticed for a few weeks that 

90% of your posted content strongly suggests a JD guy. And 10% supports a Maye guy but in a much more subdued manner, other than one particular post.🤔

And it doesn't come off as just a guy being even handed in assessment. The pro con ratio of what you post dramatically favors JD.😁

My behavioral science side is just curious 😉 but it doesn't really matter.👍

Aside: yeah, just saw Kurt Warner say Penix is the best pure passer. 

Aside aside: I've tried to sell myself otherwise using all the well known counters, but my eye/brain connection just screams "JD is a rag doll, and he's going to get demolished." 🥺

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, actorguy1 said:

I still think GMAP is following the Lynch/Shanahan blueprint. where Lance didn't know he was the pick until they called him while turning in the card.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

Kurt Warner on NFLN: I believe Michael Penix may be the best pure passer in this draft.

Guy sprays the ball all over the field half the time, and throws lasers the other half. Not surprised Warner would say this though because he doesn’t watch college ball and only watches 2-3 games of each player for his evaluation. Probably got some of Penix’s accurate games 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Glad Maye will be a Patriot. I won't have to root against him. He's such a likable dude and he's gonna be a star if they can build properly around him.

I wanted Maye, and I live in New England.  I'm pretty sure this was Dante's perception of hell.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

Jeremiah: Just got a call from an asst GM, thinks we could see 6 QBs go... in the first 13 picks.

I was gonna post that, too. Wild. Also saying we won't see another class like this soon because this year covid and the transfer portal (and nil) combined three high grade "typical process" guys coming out as well as three others rated high who played quite a long time in college.

• Like 2