Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

5 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

As an observation - it's so interesting how things changed over the draft season. I know the media guys are usually behind the FO and once the FO catches up on tape and scouting, the boards in the media start shifting to reflect that reality.

But going into this season and really up until about 4-6 weeks ago, it was all about Caleb and Maye being the 1a and 1b.

Even at the beginning of the off-season, mock drafts had Daniels outside the Top 10. Many said he could get up into the Top 5 potentially.

Then around 6-8 weeks ago Daniels gained more momentum, and it's just bizarre that we're sitting here today with him as the presumptive pick, and LITERALLY - every single person saying Daniels to the Commanders says that they don't have any intel but just what they're hearing is expected.

Everyone says our FO has been tight-lipped. Even the local beat guys are just making educated guesses at this point.

So how did we go from Maye being a lock to Daniels being a lock, at a time when everyone making these prognostications admits they have no intel from the team?

Just a fascinating thing to observe, and something to come back to if, in fact, our pick is Maye.

It's been more than 4-6 weeks.

And it happens all the time.

The truth is the real serious work on players doesn't seriously begin until long after the season ends.  

And there were definitely some former execs in the media -- Randy Mueller for one -- who have been saying for months that teams would fall in love with JJ once they dug in.

Edited by Hooper
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Dah-Dee said:

Full Text:

I asked John Beck, who trains Jayden Daniels, about Daniels' weight and if it will be an issue in the NFL: "When you see his frame it’s easy to add weight to it. You don’t want a guy with his athletic ability to be 220. That takes away something from him. He’s probably always going to be on that leaner side because of his game. But his frame he can put weight on. He’s going to progress as he gets into his 20’s. if you stand side by side with Jayden or put him next to others, you can see that weight is going to be added on as years go. As long as he can maintain his size and speed as he puts on weight that’s going to be amazing."

Daniels is already in his 20s, almost mid 20s now. When is this weight gain supposed to happen, in his 30s?

• Thanks 1

The adult male can put on... in ten years or so of hypertrophic workout... 20-40lbs of muscle without PED's. Total. As in that's it.

Daniels' frame can only handle so much and that is what concerns me, not his weight on the scale.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Daniels is already in his 20s, almost mid 20s now. When is this weight gain supposed to happen, in his 30s?

My experience is it really kicks in once you hit mid 40’s!

• Like 1
  • Haha 11
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

58 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think only Jay, Chris Russell, Thor and the WP are in the know right now.

If you put that group together, added up their collective IQ, the number you would get would rival that of a bad major league hitter.

Except for Nicki J. Even though she works for the post, she's got her stuff together and knows things and isn't a complete and total moron.  

• Haha 1

We're well positioned for the upset pick! We know there's going to be a surprise, somewhere and at some point tonight. I think there's way more a chance of a non-Daniels selection at 1.02 than people think, or at least those in the media.

At the same time, JD will almost feel anticlimactic at this point. Getting closer. PXL_20240425_184737652.thumb.jpg.99d9bb63dd78f2c59a97d985366e62ea.jpg

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

New Keim postcast nothing new

A.  Would bet on Daniels

B.  Doesn't know for sure, he doesn't have a high source in the FO confirming it

C.  Again said don't assume this is between Daniels and Maye and implied its likely between Daniels and McCarthy

That would lead me to being not remotely impressed w/the regimes ability to evaluate QB's, then again, we've seen over the years, everyone sucks at it, so as I mentioned in reference to the poster who wanted everyone ---- canned if its Daniels and he busts. The sad reality is, the bulk of the league is missing on the Daniels eval if he busts, not just Peters, practically everyone except maybe NYG and a couple of other teams who like Maye (if he does hit). Additionally, you can him for blowing this, you need to acknowledge:

#1 The whole league blew this, not just Peters. Much like with Bryce Young, with Pickett, with Danny Nickels, with Darnold etc. 

#2 You aren't going to find a better GM reputation wise, in terms of added value in the hardest rounds (day 2 and day 3 selections

#3 Your replacement at best, is probably Peters equal, not his better.

I don't want him replaced out of pique no matter how pissed I am over what I view as the wrong choice in terms of mitigating bust risk. I'm gonna be angry, and if I'm right, really really pissed for a long time, that old, morrisey line, "He holds grudges/like lonely high court judges." applies. But I also don't want to botch what is a genuine opportunity: to rebuild a once proud dynasty after a longer dormant slumber than even the post Sammy baugh years (think about it, this team has been in a dumpster fire for even longer than the stretch of time between the last of Baugh's title game years, and the arrival of Vince Lombardi in '69...kinda wild to think about, in the nineties I used to imagine that time as interminable, 1946-1969, but we've been in the septic tank since 1993. 1993-2023. That's a pretty nasty, horrible, long run of unadulterated ----, not quite on the level of the Detroit Lions (who'd sucked since Eisenhauer), but close. 

So I can put up w/them botching this, though I'll be irate, because I probably got if im lucky another 30-40 years of enjoying football, I don't want to throw away our best GM since prime era Beathard because of 1 mistake (that might not even be one in the fullness of time)....

But man, it was so utterly obvious, to me anyway, whom to take, and I'm just flabbergasted we're going to do the equivalent of blowing it, to me. But Im gonna try and fine solace in the idea that I could be wrong, just like I've been about half or more of the guys I've really liked over the years. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

It's draft day and we have no idea who this team is taking at #2.  So refreshing to see after such a long time

Wow......

That's a remarkably bad post.

I don't have time right now, but I'm putting a pin in this and sometime in the next month, I am writing a 1500 word analysis of this nonsense.

• Haha 1

Just now, Est.1974 said:

If we do take Daniels, the Giants will end up at #3 for Maye and this place will go into meltdown.

I just don't see NYG front office admitting such a fatal mistake in the Jones contract by trading up for a QB this draft. It's the right thing to do, but would take unnatural self awareness, almost going against their survival instinct in those jobs altogether. 

15 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I mean, it was late 20's for me, but, um.... there were Oreos involved. Lots of Oreos.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

A bevy of final opinions from multiple experts and sports personalities on who we should draft…

Need to see it from the real people not the media. Realy not interested in the seeing these for, how many times.

11 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

If we do take Daniels, the Giants will end up at #3 for Maye and this place will go into meltdown.

It will be interesting if that's how it plays out. Will the patriots trade out? They'd be crazy to, but they might, I just don't know if they get a godfather offer from the giants when they can still potentially get JJ at 6. 

But I will say, I'll be sweeping up Maye in my dynasty leagues and will be in that oft-uncomfortable place of hoping he hits and hits big, for a team I loathe, but I've been there before with Saquon, and even bought a lot of Wandale on the cheap a few years ago and other guys earlier. Dynasty is my first love these days, I do for me first, just like betting (always the mind, never the heart). But I'll be cheering both on if that plays out that way, not cheering my drafting preference over for clout. Nothing comes cheaper than antique sports social media clout lol. 

7 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

I mean, it was late 20's for me, but, um.... there were Oreos involved. Lots of Oreos.

The Cruelest of the cookies. A 180-200 calorie bomb for 2, when you want to eat 10. 

Edited by The Consigliere
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Absolute nightmare scenario. But I am not surprised that teams are about to enter a bidding war for Maye if we really pick JD.

If JD ends up our pick, I hope the Patriots take Maye. I absolutely do not want to see him suceed with that trash franchise.

So ....

Patriots apparently really like Maye

Giants want to trade up to #3 for Maye

Vikings also interested in trading up for Maye

Are these all coming back because they all think Daniels is gone at #2, or is it because Maye is everyone's top QB after Caleb and they're all trying to access him based on the rumors that we're taking Daniels?

Also, if the Pats like Maye so much, why would they trade back and let the Giants take him?

I really hope the Giants don't come up for Maye ....

Just now, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Patriots apparently really like Maye

Giants want to trade up to #3 for Maye

Vikings also interested in trading up for Maye

NE won’t trade out if they really like a guy. They will trade out if they aren’t convinced by the guys they are left with.