Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

8 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Believe it or not Daniels has this exact same issue. He airmailed plenty of balls when pushed off his base in the pocket. He definitely maintains his mechanics better than Maye right now though. The dude lacks no confidence. I will give him that:

I'd rather he focus on being the best QB ever. Why add the running caveat?

This coupled with his goal of winning the Heisman instead of winning a natty is just...concerning.

He's everything I thought Williams would be. Not a bad kid but just...something is off character wise.

God I really really hope we don't draft him.

• Like 9
  • Thumb up 3

1 hour ago, Panninho said:

Sorry but several credible reporters (Schefter, Fowler among others) have said that he is at best lukewarm about the Commanders but that he is "prepared" to go here because he has to. Then you got the ASU stuff that scouts mentioned to Pelissero and the articles about how his time there ended...how is it not based in reality if you are not excited about these things? I think denying these issues exist entirely is actually not based in reality. How much you make of that or whether you find this bad or unimportant is up for discussion but to dismiss everything completely is in my opinion more lying to yourself than the other extreme.

No one is calling Maye any of that because not a single report about any concerns with regards to him coming here have floated. If that happened to Maye, people also wouldn't like it. Don't see why that would be different.

If Daniels ends up here, everyone is going to support him as long as his on and off-field performance warrants it. Same as with every other QB.

Daniels just confuses me. He seems to think shooting his foot off a couple weeks before draft day is OK. Jayden needs to either lay low or help old women across the road...Not flex, hire a morAn for an agent, and float out "luke warm" responses about the team picking #2 in the draft. He's not John Elway.  He's got a  Teddy Bridgewater-like arm and can run but has a slight frame.  This is a once in a lifetime opportunity and he should be acting with extreme caution.

Edited by seamonster
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Is mentioning trade backs officially banned ?

I'm still hoping for some kind of 3-team trade. Raiders come up to take Daniels at #2, and we somehow end up at #3 to take Maye.

I would not trade down with LV to #13 regardless of what the haul would be. And I think it's too risky to trade to #13 and hope to get back to #3. It would require LV to either trade up to #3 with NE and then trade from #3 to #2 ... or for the 3 teams to work out a 3-way deal. Not sure what's more likely in that scenario, whether LV trades to #3 and then tries to come to #2 or whether all three teams get involved, however you slice it and however it plays out, it would essentially be a 3 team trade that would require LV, NE and WAS to move around. But LV could have something lined up with us via dialogue that says "if we come to #3, what would it take to get to #2?" ... and if they know what we're willing to accept, they can work on a deal with NE and save the assets required to get #2 for us. 

I don't know what it would take for LV to move to #3 with NE ... but my sense is it would take #13, #44, a 2025 1st and a 2026 1st. That wouldn't leave much to give WAS to move from #3 to #2. Unless they either retained #44 or a 2026 1st. In which case, they could trade #13, #77, 2025 1st and 2026 1st to NE for #3. Then they could give us #44 and #3 for #2 for Daniels and we get Maye at #3 (presuming he's our guy, or Daniels really pushes to not come here).

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, rockluc said:

Just take JJ or Maye. This guy clearly would prefer not to be here. How many times did Caleb have to say he was okay going to Chicago. Once by my recollection and it never came up again, seems like JD is clearly trying to put out smoke he’d rather not be here without coming across like a total diva. 

I’ve seen two different quotes of him saying he will be happy wherever he goes.  Some don’t want to listen and want to keep stirring this up as there isn’t much else to talk about.  That’s who is trying to “put out smoke”.  Can’t wait for Thursday night.  

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

I saw this morning that JDs odds of being selected at #2 went from -120 to -400. What does Vegas know? I will and always do get behind whomever the QB is for this team. If he can stay healthy and keep his mom out of the spotlight he will be a star. My wishes went from trade back to Maye, but I won't lose my **** over this pick like I did CY.

PS. Please don't forget about the oline.

Just now, Idaho fan said:

I’ve seen two different quotes of him saying he will be happy wherever he goes.  Some don’t want to listen and want to keep stirring this up as there isn’t much else to talk about.  That’s who is trying to “put out smoke”.  Can’t wait for Thursday night.  

Daniels can't flat out say he doesn't want to go somewhere because then that just looks bad. That's why "sources" keep bringing up his reluctance for Washington to draft him. I'd much rather prefer the team drafts a QB that wants to come here versus one that will either leave immediately when he's able to or pull a Kirk Cousins and suck this team dry (and then still leave afterward).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Prezactly. This whole thing is an overreaction to what his agent said.  This is a non-issue IMO.    

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rockluc said:

Just take JJ or Maye. This guy clearly would prefer not to be here. How many times did Caleb have to say he was okay going to Chicago. Once by my recollection and it never came up again, seems like JD is clearly trying to put out smoke he’d rather not be here without coming across like a total diva. 

Caleb a year earlier called the Miami Dolphins his dream destination.  And leaks relating to him had 4 spots he prefered to play for, the Bears not among them.  Mason Rudolph openly said his dream is to play for Washington, grew up a fan.

I don't recall Daniels saying Raiders or bust.   It's been "leaks" that he'd love to go there.    I saw him being pushed in interviews to say Raiders or bust but he unless i missed one, he didn't play along albiet of course said he'd love to play there.

Who can blame him? Vegas is a blast and Pierce is his personal friend.

But IMO so what?  

The Caleb doesn't want to play for the Bears stories.  Joe Burrow doesn't want to play for Cincy stories.  Etc.  Ends up nada as to relevance.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

This is coming from his camp. Russini is good at her job and I trust her reports as much as any other. At one point Kiem mentioned that outside of the Raiders, he’d like MINN or DC. 

Something has changed. 

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

This coupled with his goal of winning the Heisman instead of winning a natty is just...concerning.

He's everything I thought Williams would be. Not a bad kid but just...something is off character wise.

Honestly the more I hear and read the more I don’t want this guy. If true that he wants to be the best running Qb ever then this reunion with him will be short lived.

I am praying we don’t hear his name called tomorrow night

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

From the same interview that the tweet quotes.

Running, though, is not what Daniels said is his greatest strength as a football player. 

"I would say my football IQ," he said. "I pride myself on being a smart football player. Being able to eliminate what the defense isn't doing. I kind of have two or three things in my head pre-snap. ... Being able to check into runs and check protections based on leverage and stuff like that. I take pride in learning about football and knowing football at a high level." 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

Prince can ball man. Just ask Charlie Murphy and Dave Chappelle.

tenor.gif

51 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

If we go Drake Maye tomorrow, Peters is officially the misdirection GOAT

That's the thing... Peters hasn't led any direction at all! All he's done is allow the media talking heads to carry on as they wish. He has literally said nothing other than he feels comfortable staying at #2.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, cakmoney61 said:

What I can't get out of my head about Maye is Kurt Warner (and others) talking about Maye's tendency to miss what Warner called "layups."  You can't miss the easy throws in the NFL.  Especially on third down.  I also can't get out of my head Maye playing poorly against inferior teams...in the ACC.

And you shouldn’t get it out of your head. It’s a real, substantiated concern. 

I can’t shake Daniels looking like he weighs 185 lbs. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Prezactly. This whole thing is an overreaction to what his agent said.  This is a non-issue IMO.    

And his agent said " 🤔 "

But people get pissy if you call them out for running with the bull****. They want to believe it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

And you shouldn’t get it out of your head. It’s a real, substantiated concern. 

I can’t shake Daniels looking like he weighs 185 lbs. 

Maye also seems anti-clutch but I'll give him a pass since he's young.

38 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Is mentioning trade backs officially banned ?

Nope. But is it really a forgone conclusion that the Bears are picking Williams though? What if the Bears go Daniels or, gasp, even Maye? lol

Edited by zCommander

3 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

Um, Drake, Quinn is a defensive head coach.....

There you have it, Drake clearly does not want to play in Washington, he wants an offensive head coach.  I sure wouldn't draft a guy who does not want to be here. 

Did I do it right?  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Haha 9
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

Um, Drake, Quinn is a defensive head coach.....

Wow, very telling. Gotta wonder how Quinn feels about this.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Believe it or not Daniels has this exact same issue. He airmailed plenty of balls when pushed off his base in the pocket. He definitely maintains his mechanics better than Maye right now though. The dude lacks no confidence. I will give him that:

I wish he would be eating his slice of humble pie talking about his future team rather than himself and his personal goals.  By the way good luck to him because NFL isn't college and they are many guys that will come to give him a warm and hard welcome.

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, zCommander said:

But is it really a forgone conclusion that the Bears are picking Williams though?

Well, yeah, it kinda is. Bears brought in none of the other top QBs for Top 30 visits, and ... yeesh, the list of things is too long. Yes, Chicago is taking Caleb, it's written in stone, let it go man let it go. 🤣

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

That's the thing... Peters hasn't led any direction at all! All he's done is allow the media talking heads to carry on as they wish. He has literally said nothing other than he feels comfortable staying at #2.

I mean, we really don't know what anyone from our FO has said behind closed doors to media members.  I don't think he's running some kind of counter-intelligence operation or something.... but I'm just happy we aren't the leaky sieve we were under Snyder and his clowns....

Edited by DiscoBob
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

24 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I am fine with drafting him. Not my preferred player. But fine with it. All of these guys have issues that will need to be coached out. I will say he has opened up a bit as far as public speaking goes as the process has dragged on. It was good to see him with Kevin Hart the other day. He seemed personable. He will grow in his public speaking abilities as well. 

• Like 1