Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

15 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Who are they?

How naive you are!

They are the reptilians who live beneath the surface of our planet, they are the secret societies that rule and control our every desire, they are the ones who assassinated Lincoln, Kennedy, Sadat, and scores of other leaders who "got out of line".

Look behind every corner, within every shadow, above every mountain and they are there.

And with all that power, control, and dominance the one matter they have focused all their efforts on is making sure that we draft Jayden Daniels.

How naive you doubters are.

I bet some of you even  think that the earth is really round and that we actually landed people on the moon and it wasn't a film studio special effect.

Honestly, the craziest part of this post is that you decided to pull Anwar Sadat out of your keister. 

• Haha 5

17 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Really Really like the fact that they are solid at staying put.  To me it means they are locked in and sold on their guy.  They are confident with the pick.  I think that player is Daniels and Im as excited as ever!  If it turns out to be Maye I'll also be all in.  Either way Im glad that they seem to be set at who they want. 

I think it's more the tier drop. it seems pretty clear to now, based on reporting, the boards of most teams look like a tier breakdown of this:

Tier 1:

Caleb Williams

Tier 2:

Some grouping of Maye, Daniels and JJ

Tier 3:

Penix

Tier 4:

Nix

We don't want to drop out of 2, so we're sticking. I'm surprised we are unwilling to move from our #2 to #3 ranked prospect, but not at all surprised we have zero interest in moving down a tier entirely to say Minny or Oakland's pick. You can't move that far w/o almost assuredly moving outside the zone to acquire JJ or Maye (I suppose you could do a Champ Bailey deal, and try to move back up to the Chargers pick, but that's the only move there is-move down to Raiders/Minny, then repackage and move back up to 5 if Card's don't trade down, but the Chargers may just sit tight and take their OT there). 

Edited by The Consigliere

3 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

I have the same regard for Shraeger as a credible football media source as SIP has for Keim. Plus, the fact he reads to me like an exceptionally decent and principled human in general carries weight with me.

Schrager's wheelhouse is the draft in the context of rumors.  I actually take him more seriously on that front than any media mock drafter who claims they are plugged in. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

I Must have missed it.  Who is "they" and why are "they" wanting us to take Daniels so badly?  Just to be right so their mocks are correct?  I guess I don't buy some agenda where so many anonymous scouts, coaches and members of the media want Washington to take Daniels at all costs. What would be the reason?

There is an evil cabal of Giants fans and family members occupying high positions in league offices and high up in other organizations that are paying corrupt media members to spread false draft profiles about Jayden Daniels to get the coaches in Washington to fall in love with him and convince GMAP to draft him at 2. 

Trust no one. Do your own research. 

• Haha 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

By doing their homework on Daniels I gather that means reading this thread?   We know that dude like the back of our hand.   We should be on speed dial with Peters.

How does she know that the Commanders did the most work on Daniels as opposed to any other QB prospect? Did the Commanders leak their prospect work up EXCEL sheet to her?

3 hours ago, The Consigliere said:

It won't be it for me, it will just be a further diminishment of my attention. This team had about 80-90% of my sporting attention 1979-1993, and probably 70-75% of it 1994-2012, but the past decade its dropped to 10-20%, and botching this will drop it further. I just have other teams either performing far better and giving me much more joy on a consistent level, or at least building properly. Nothing about this pick makes sense to me at all, the good news is I'm wrong a large percentage of the time on who will be great, the bad news is guys Im convinced will be bad almost always are. Otoh, I don't really feel the same way I did about Zach Wilson or Pickett, where I was nearly 100% sure, the bad news is its kind of close to that. 

This post is several hours old now and I agree with it. I've loved the Redskins since about '63-64, my dad and mom had season tickets until they moved to FedEx Stadium the first year. I've followed all of this time and like above the last decade has been a disaster. I moved to Texas after retirement to be near family and I will never root for the Cowboys. I was so so on the Texans, different league, and then last year they made some really smart moves. The small first pick went to Carolina and the Texans picked a prototype QB and made it to the playoffs. They already had some pieces, it seemed like the coaches used their personnel to their potential and not trying to make the players something they weren't. 

Now it's the Commanders time to make a wise pick for now AND the future, and that pick to me isn't Daniels. And it's basically his size that makes me feel that way. NFL defensive players are fast and big, much more than college players. They've had several years to fill out and get bigger and stronger. I feel that the OL hasn't been effectively addressed yet across the whole line of starters and depth. Poor Howell was flattened on almost every series several times. I compared it to the experience of Patrick Ramsey, another victim of a poor OL. Daniels is an effective smush waiting to happen. 

These rookies all need some development and we better have a great QB coach to assist with developing our QB. I think Daniels has this one glaring obstruction to longevity in the NFL. Just like I wouldn't want a small guy like Carolina took.

• Like 7

Just now, Chris 44 said:

How does she know that the Commanders did the most work on Daniels as opposed to any other QB prospect? Did the Commanders leak their prospect work up EXCEL sheet to her?

I would guess its someone she knows who works there who told her that.  Maybe they are lying to her.  i don't know.  

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I would guess its someone she knows who works there who told her that.  Maybe they are lying to her.  i don't know.  

She found the safe house where they're keeping Doug, um, "secure."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, skinsfan66 said:

Kind of disagree, Minn. has the ammo to move up if they chose I believe. If you are the Chargers or Arizona you get 2 no.1 picks this year, No. 1 next year.  There are 4 super W.R's in the top half of the draft. And some really good OL,DL,or what ever later. and you have a no.1 next year. 

it feels like this every year almost and it never happens the way everyone thinks it will. I think there is an excellent chance 3 go. Definitely 2.

But, I don’t see the cardinals trading out. They have more pics than we do and they need weapons. Pats, yeah, but only as far down as the giants. I don’t think they would want to go any further.

Chargers are a team to watch. They have a ton of needs and I could see them staying put and getting a big time receiver for Herbert. 

i think at least one of these top 4 QBs falls to 6. 

• Thumb up 1

Charles Robinson, who is hit and miss

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-draft-nuggets-lets-start-with-the-drake-maye-and-jj-mccarthy-intersection-and-go-from-there-163844604.html

Top of NFL Draft is about Drake Maye and J.J. McCarthy rather than Caleb Williams and Jayden Daniels

First things first: Williams is going to the Bears. So let’s move past that to LSU’s Daniels and the Washington Commanders.

Without a doubt, the Commanders have done a masterful job muddying up the picture at No. 2 overall. At various points over the past two months, we’ve heard they were measuring between Daniels or North Carolina's Maye. Then came late March and early April, when it began swirling that Michigan quarterback J.J. McCarthy was in the mix, too. So much so that after I wrote a piece nearly a month ago urging everyone to relax with the McCarthy and Washington connection, a personnel source I trust implicitly reached out to say “it’s real.”

As time has dragged on, Daniels surfaced as the most toolsy and refined player among the “next three,” with a far more consistent end to his college career than Maye, and a far larger bank of film showing what he has done versus the projection of what McCarthy might be able to do.

That’s not to say there aren’t McCarthy or Maye fans inside Washington. There are. But right now Daniels presents a solidly high ceiling with special traits, plus a higher floor than Maye and McCarthy — who are younger, but also have their futures leveraged against guesstimating what they might be. And even that projection reveals both are solid hikes away from where Daniels is right now as an athlete and passer. Barring some final input of Commanders owner Josh Harris that could change things (and he has been very involved along the way), there is a solid belief across the league that Daniels has come into hard focus at No. 2 overall.

That brings us to where things could get hairy.

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

That's cool.  Who do you think they are picking at #2, if you had to guess?

If I had to guess...Daniels. Id be disappointed, but like most say on here Ill get behind him 100%. Put me on record as gladly eating crow if Im wrong about JD.

• Like 3

If one didn't know any better they might assume there are *two* generational, can't-miss QB prospects in this draft. 

If the pick is indeed JD5 then I hope that's the case but also that it's for the right and logical reasons–internal plan/development, projection, etc. I have no reason to believe that AP would make the pick because of external pressure or "that's what they're supposed to do."

But I will say, if DS still owned the team then the prospect of JD here would condemn me to doomer fatalism. And I freely admit that most of my JD reservations are because of lingering RGPTSD (and yes, am aware that's not fair to JD). 

If it happens, let's do it right this time. Until proven otherwise on the field, I'm good with whatever this FO and AP have in the pipeline. It's going to be an interesting season. 

• Like 2

https://theathletic.com/5431528/2024/04/23/nfl-draft-2024-confidential-nabers-harrison-williams/

Liked reading this --

On Jayden Daniels

Offensive Assistant 1: “His arm isn’t as good as Caleb’s, but he’s Lamar Jackson-like and he can actually throw progression reads for a living because he’s disciplined enough. He’s the ‘wake up at 5 a.m.’ guy. He had three coordinators in three years at ASU. I’m gonna do something for myself. He doesn’t say s—. The thing I don’t like is you’re not throwing outside the numbers. It doesn’t really zip out there. But he can throw with touch and anticipation. … He’s a passer who just happens to be able to run really good versus the other way.”

QB Coach 1: “Jayden is close to Lamar Jackson. He’s not as strong physically as Lamar, but none of these other guys can run like him, and I saw the downfield throws, the middle of the hash throws, and the timing, the accuracy from him. He just does it all for me. I’m confident about him.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

We need to make sure he’s protected; so he’s a 10 year starter and not a 3-5 year starter, many of us fear.

He needs to learn to protect himself as well. He got better at using the sideline to protect himself the second half of last year. But trying to be a hero and taking the shots he took in college at the NFL level will end his career. The health part of Daniels is not my biggest concern. His arm strength is. Especially in the NFCE in the winter. His arm is sufficient. But it is far from special. And I never really saw him drive a single deep ball at the college level. He has very good touch though. I am fine with it being Daniels. He will super exciting to watch. 

29 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

By doing their homework on Daniels I gather that means reading this thread?   We know that dude like the back of our hand.   We should be on speed dial with Peters.

Not sure about that, Maye said in his interview after top golf he was surprised at how much they knew about him going back to H.S.  They did their work on all is what I think.

• Like 1

My official prediction for what will happen:

1) Williams - Bears

2) Daniels - Commanders

3) Maye - Giants

4) MH Jr - Cardinals

5) Alt - Chargers

6) McCarthy - Patriots

Giants love Maye, who has been working with Eli, and redshirt him behind Daniel Jones.

The Pats prefer only dropping three spots and taking the QB from Michigan with great intangibles, which obviously has worked for them in the past.

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, sinews said:

If one didn't know any better they might assume there are *two* generational, can't-miss QB prospects in this draft. 

Whaaaaaa?! Don't be ridiculous. Do you even QB Thread?

PTS: 03/019: There can be only one – The Boar's Head, Eastcheap