Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I get the vibe that Keim basically knows two things

A.   Broad brushes -- some of their philosophy.

B.  What other teams-agents are hearing about this team.

Listening to him he clearly has sources with the team where he can say stuff like Quinn's interviews went really well and he's a serious contender.  and Ben Johnson isn't a lock.  He said it well before Schefter.   He also had some of their FA targets right.

But I don't think he knows nearly as much as he once did.  It's a tight ship as for leaks.  But more in point, he among others who cover the team say this FO doesn't make rash emotional decisions but ponder and ponder and ponder so on an issue like what QB they are taking they are likely still digesting

I will be interested to see what random grunts and noises and nervous laughs we get outta him post LSU and UNC pro days

He mentions basically daily that this is a "process oriented" group, and there's nothing more "process" than waiting until the pro days and you get measurements on one of the two QBs you might take.

So I legitimately think the FO doesn't know yet.  They might have a lean, but they haven't made a decision, most likely, which is what Keim has been reporting all along.

IF Keim truly has some insider sources/info, we *might* get some tidbits outta him in the post pro-day environment, as that presumably will be the earliest that the team will be able to formulate a final decision.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, srtman04 said:

I really, really, REALLY hope all this JJ McCarthy talk for us is just one huge smokescreen.    One thing about Adam Peters I can say for sure to this point....the man plays Chess,  not checkers.   I have a feeling we won't really know who he's going to take until it's announced at the podium on draft day.  

Why?

Granted, I think the obvious answer is that the overall ceiling of the three QBs ahead of him is likely much higher…

But you’re talking like McCarthy is a scrub. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

I'm tracking like 3 arguments at the same time and its great.

200w.gif.adbd690011ae0397d497dc38ef50dac6.gif

Now watch me add fuel to fire on each one simultaneously.

Stats under Pressure:

chrt.jpg.8f8112ed6f6b3a8ebe9dcba31ff8113f.jpg

No idea whether this affects the amount of gasoline you're pouring on any particular fire, but technically the TD-to-INT Ratio for both Ewers and Daniels is incorrect. 5, or 1, divided by 0 is "undefined" - so I guess they should both get tied-for-first colorings there, or something. Who knows. When's the draft??? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, srtman04 said:

I really, really, REALLY hope all this JJ McCarthy talk for us is just one huge smokescreen.    One thing about Adam Peters I can say for sure to this point....the man plays Chess,  not checkers.   I have a feeling we won't really know who he's going to take until it's announced at the podium on draft day.  

The more likely outcome is that they are just doing due diligence, as they should. I'd be more worried if they were NOT turning over every pebble to make sure they put themselves in the best possible position at #2.   

Plus, who would they be displaying a smokescreen for...?  Teams below them to trade up?

Speaking of JJ, I wonder if they are still at dinner. That was scheduled for tonight, I think.. 

I'd pay at least $59.99 to PPV that meeting.

But yea, in all seriousness, your 2nd point is accurate about Peters playing chess. This doesnt feel like some ruse to throw people off the trail. It's not necessary at the #2 pick because of the power you wield at that spot. You can just select whoever you want without making anyone else do anything, minus one obvious player of course.

Kick tires on all the prospects to make sure you are getting the right guy to lead this team for the next decade. 

Dont be shocked if you hear a Bo Nix and/or Michael Penix meeting in the near future. Gotta be prepared in case of a trade back scenario.

It's abnormal for Commanders fans, but this is what "doing your job" looks like for a real football organization.

1 hour ago, Andre The Giant said:

Not necessarily what Ben Allbright does as I like him as a reporter that is in the know MOST of the time.  However, it is lying season and we just won't know until the pick is made.  I think we can all agree on that and who knows, it wouldn't even surprise me if we traded the #2 but I don't expect it.  We have to wait.  This is a tight-lipped FO and for most if not everyone it's nice!  

1 hour ago, Andre The Giant said:

How is this news? I'm not knocking you, but I feel it's basically a foregone conclusion of the top 3 guys. JJ is looking like a consolation prize for the teams that get in. After the draft, I'm sure we'll hear how "x" was the guy we really wanted.  

Just now, NOLA2DC said:

How is this news? I'm not knocking you, but I feel it's basically a foregone conclusion of the top 3 guys. JJ is looking like a consolation prize for the teams that get in. After the draft, I'm sure we'll hear how "x" was the guy we really wanted.  

i doubt we will hear anything like that from this fo.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

My RG3 PTSD is too strong to get excited about Daniels but IF he's the guy and he lasts a full season without getting injured or taking nasty hits, I'll be less anxious!

Exactly How I feel.

Remembering in the 1st year how RG3 and our zone read offense was the talk of the NFL... then Ravens and Haloti Ngata came along and basically broke RG3 in half... and then everything fell apart...

I prefer a pocket QB that can run, not a running RB that can throw.

4 minutes ago, ToaCommander said:

Exactly How I feel.

Remembering in the 1st year how RG3 and our zone read offense was the talk of the NFL... then Ravens and Haloti Ngata came along and basically broke RG3 in half... and then everything fell apart...

Daniels appears to be elite throwing and running so we'll be in luck with him.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, redskinss said:

they all either hinted at or came out and Said we should consider trading back for more picks

Paulson was on with Hoffman and they did a mock draft earlier today. They traded with Minny for 11, 23 and next years 1. They then traded back up to 6 with the Giants to pick Daniels. It is so hard to take these guys seriously when they think Daniels is going to fall to 6. There is no chance of that imo. And I am not really a big Daniels guy. Add in that there is also absolutely no chance the Giants would trade with us for a QB pick and you have a local media that is clueless. Screw trading back. Dont be cute. Take Maye at 2.

Edited by clskinsfan
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, ToaCommander said:

Exactly How I feel.

More like Shanny rode the horse too hard. 

Those options-reads were going to fail sooner or later. And RGIII never learned how to slide, which made things much worse.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This is not an anti-Drake post, but Burrow had one of the greatest seasons in recent college quarterback history. Drake is a great prospect and deserves to be a top pick, but that's pushing it. I thought Herbert was the physical comp for Maye, not Burrow. Finally, why is there an unspoken dynamic in most comparisons? "Sneaky athletic" and what not.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, El Mexican said:

Those options-reads were going to fail sooner or later. And RGIII never learned how to slide, which made things much worse.

Also, a freak accident that happened to RG3 too.  Eventually, the system he was running, ala 7 from the 9ers was running caught up to him and would've caught up to RG3 had he stayed healthy but again no slide, you're going to get broke in two just like Daniels, eventually.  It's inevitable, at least to me and it's a shame.  I've explained and posted about Daniels and his frame already so I will stop here. 

3 minutes ago, NOLA2DC said:

I thought Herbert was the physical comp for Maye, not Burrow

I agree with you. It is uncanny how much Maye reminds me of Herbert. The occasional "WTF was that pass" included. Herbert had many of the same footwork issues Maye has now as well. 

• Thumb up 1

13 minutes ago, El Mexican said:

Which was unfortunately compounded by the issue of Robert not being any good as an NFL passer and having no value outside of read option. I really don’t blame Shanny. The options were to keep running read option, have a chance of winning and hope that Robert might eventually figure out that stepping out of bounds or getting down is a good thing if you keep telling him over and over and over and over again or we pretend like he can play in a traditional style and have no chance of winning and he is also getting his ass destroyed in the pocket because he looks like one of those big inflatable guys outside the car dealerships, flailing around with no idea how to protect himself so what’s even the point.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Daniels appears to be elite throwing and running so we'll be in luck with him.

So was RG3 in college. But RG3 also had some of the same things that concern me a bit about Daniels. He threw a ton of short screens, shallow crossers, and he also took a lot of deep shots that were mostly on the boundaries to some top notch receivers who got great separation. There wasn't a lot of 2nd level tight window anticipation NFL level throws.

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

So was RG3 in college. But RG3 also had some of the same things that concern me a bit about Daniels. He threw a ton of short screens, shallow crossers, and he also took a lot of deep shots that were mostly on the boundaries to some top notch receivers who got great separation. There wasn't a lot of 2nd level tight window anticipation NFL level throws.

Wonderful, let's hope his pro coaches can help him improve in those areas. None of these guys are finished products and have plenty of room for improvement. 

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

Wonderful, let's hope his pro coaches can help him improve in those areas. None of these guys are finished products and have plenty of room for improvement. 

which is called holding a clipboard for a season or two

17 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I agree with you. It is uncanny how much Maye reminds me of Herbert. The occasional "WTF was that pass" included. Herbert had many of the same footwork issues Maye has now as well. 

Yes, Maye reminds me more of Hebert than Burrow but Herbert's stats aren't too shabby.  Wouldn't you agree?

image.thumb.png.17c7996fba687b4a9f1f0e12f67b50bd.png

• Like 1