Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

2 hours ago, BayouBrave86 said:

Maye can apparently do no wrong. It’s all just shots taken at Daniels because we continue to post facts about his skill and success. 

As a mere observer that’s not sold on either Maye or Daniels, this is wildly pot calling the kettle black.

Literally every single negative about Daniels is combatted by you guys/gals, to the extent that not only is it not a negative, it’s actually a positive.  It comes across as if JD is the greatest prospect in decades, who has practically no flaws.

At least the Maye folks admit the footwork/accuracy is sketchy and chalk it up to something he can get better at.  

Team JD concedes nothing.  🤣

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

As a mere observer that’s not sold on either Maye or Daniels, this is wildly pot calling the kettle black.

Literally every single negative about Daniels is combatted by you guys/gals, to the extent that not only is it not a negative, it’s actually a positive.  It comes across as if JD is the greatest prospect in decades, who has practically no flaws.

At least the Maye folks admit the footwork/accuracy is sketchy and chalk it up to something he can get better at.  

image.thumb.jpeg.6021519c5144959ee6027d9318d374fe.jpeg

thanks for the layup. Can’t wait to cheer for our new QB, whoever that maye be.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

As someone who's consistently said Wash. should and will draft Maye, I think this perspective is wrong and reflects a bizarre 'flip the script on the enemy' mentality by some in this thread.

I haven't seen anyone deny that Daniels (1) doesn't currently have an NFL build and (2) needs to do a much better job at protecting himself and (3) doesn't have the arm strength of Williams or Maye.

I've NOT seen the Maye Mob go beyond the 'yeah, footwork, no big deal, easily fixed' gimme to acknowledge that Maye (1) has serious consistency issues, reflected in up and down performances throughout each of the last two seasons and (2) goes hero baller way too often, trying to force things that just aren't there and (3) is currently too much of a one-speed thrower.

We can like Maye without making up stupid crap about Daniels like 'he's a one-read and run guy' (analytics kills this argument) or 'he can't take a hit'/'takes way too many hits' (still waiting for a clip of Daniels taking any big hits second half of 2023; not counting the Dallas Turner late hit for which he should have gotten ejected, not just flagged).  Kid never missed a game due to injury at LSU, regularly playing against NFL-caliber defenders in the SEC. 

Yes, I have RG3 PTSD and want no part of chewing my fingernails every Sunday (or Monday, Thursday or Saturday) (?) waiting for one Micah freight train to snap the human toothpick in two. But I do think he's way too much of a smart, athletic football junkie (watching film on off-days from 5 a.m. to 8 p.m.?? Who does that?!) to flame out in the NFL. He's gonna be good.

But that Maye size, arm, speed combo... Oh my. Yes please.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

38 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

lol clearly you haven’t read my posts, I don’t disagree with the fact he has to get better at protecting himself. I actually back up my claims with stats and facts though and then you have a few folks keeping the back and forth going because their feelings get hurt when they’re proven wrong with..you know, facts. It’s just laughable at this point. I’ve said multiple times I’m great with Maye or Daniels as I think they are the two best QBs in this draft class.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

been focused on the edge rushers who can fall to the 2nd.

Trice has been falling a little bit recently. 6-4 274 and led the NCAA in pressures last season. Dont know why he has started to slip. But if he is there with our second pick in the 2nd I would be running the card up. 

7 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Trice has been falling a little bit recently. 6-4 274 and led the NCAA in pressures last season. Dont know why he has started to slip. But if he is there with our second pick in the 2nd I would be running the card up. 

I am still making up my mind about Trice.  I know i'd do it for Robinson or Braswell.  

• Like 2

Meanwhile, in Dallas...

This is one of the many reasons we need to take advantage of the massive advantage having a starting QB on a rookie deal gives you.  We have a window where we can significantly build up the team around Maye/Daniels, whereas Dallas is going to quickly start losing their good players as cap casualties.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

I trust our braintrust to make the right move.

If Chicago is willing and we trade up, then it better work out. The price you have to pay, means it better work out.

If we decide to trade down, then it also needs to work out. The qb you draft will have to be as good or better, than the qbs you missed out on trading down.

Quinn doesn’t survive a qb failure. Peters probably doesn’t survive a qb failure if we trade up. He probably gets a second chance if there’s a qb failure by standing Pat or trading down.

7 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I trust our braintrust to make the right move.

If Chicago is willing and we trade up, then it better work out. The price you have to pay, means it better work out.

If we decide to trade down, then it also needs to work out. The qb you draft will have to be as good or better, than the qbs you missed out on trading down.

Quinn doesn’t survive a qb failure. Peters probably doesn’t survive a qb failure if we trade up. He probably gets a second chance if there’s a qb failure by standing Pat or trading down.

I agree about Quinn. Peters...it'll depend on the composite and value of the roster. If he nails everything but the QB (which is the hardest position to nail), I can see Harris giving him another shot, even after he reached for the one.

2 hours ago, mudhog said:

don't want to trade Howell for a 4th this year when he can be worth so much more next year after being coached

He isnt going to be worth more next year when he is heading into the last year of his contract. Not gonna happen. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, skinsfan66 said:

Jet's took there swing and struck out with Wilson, just saying. Hope we have better luck.

And with Darnold, and with Sanchez, you keep trying until you get him. Simple as that. You saw how important the QB position was exemplified in them. They went from Rodgers, to Wilson and other detritus, and their double digit win team turned straight to swamp --- trash w/the downgrade at QB. Elite WRs: Check, Elite RB's? Check adequate OL etc? Check Elite Defense: Check? Crap QB: Check, and they sucked. It was a perfect illustration of how utterly pointless it is to try opposing team building strategies. If a QB alone can be responsible for turning an AFC contender into straight trash, that tells you all you need to know. Keep trying to get the QB until you get him. Period. 

• Like 1

Pick

Washington Commanders

Drake Maye

North Carolina · QB · Sophomore (RS)

I’m sure Washington will have attractive trade offers for this pick, but new general manager Adam Peters and head coach Dan Quinn get their quarterback of the future.

• Like 1

It is funny how in 2024 almost everybody is saying the correct thing, DRAFT A QB at #2. While in 2000 we had a QB who was obviously much much WORSE than the one we have now and almost everybody on ES was saying the ONLY CHOICE was to draft Chase Young. When the team had just spent 3 firsts on other DLmen.

In other words, this place is HILARIOUS!!! 

:rofl89:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

Pick

Washington Commanders

Drake Maye

North Carolina · QB · Sophomore (RS)

I’m sure Washington will have attractive trade offers for this pick, but new general manager Adam Peters and head coach Dan Quinn get their quarterback of the future.

DJ has Bowers going 18 to Cincy. I hope if him falling starts to happen in real life we seriously consider trading both second rounders to get up into the middle of the first round to draft him.

Edited by clskinsfan

35 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

It is funny how in 2024 almost everybody is saying the correct thing, DRAFT A QB at #2. While in 2000 we had a QB who was obviously much much WORSE than the one we have now and almost everybody on ES was saying the ONLY CHOICE was to draft Chase Young. When the team had just spent 3 firsts on other DLmen.

In other words, this place is HILARIOUS!!! 

2019 was the year to draft defense, we reached for Haskins.

2020 was the year to draft offense, we took Young.

😭

Edited by Dah-Dee

24 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

He isnt going to be worth more next year when he is heading into the last year of his contract. Not gonna happen. 

I get your point about the final year of his contract being next year, but all things being equal, with a year of good coaching, a steady O line and a workable script, I can see great strides being made by Sam this coming year. Also, given that next year is forecasted to be a so-so year with QB talent in the draft, if he improves, I can see more QB-needy teams like the Jets being interested in him. Which will raise his value beyond a 4th. JMO mind you.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

You realize that rising and falling on the media draft boards means absolutely zilch, right?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, WilberMarshall said:

Against trading up or down.

Stay and draft whoever you have as your number 2 pick.

The two Martys' are still here. They will find a way to reach for a player and use him wrongly.

The two Marty's are the equivalent to a barista and a mail room clerk.  I wouldn't get worked up over it. 

7 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

DJ has Bowes going 18 to Cincy. I hope if him falling starts to happen in real life we seriously consider trading both second rounders to get up into the middle of the forst round to get draft him.

The only way that's an option is if we sign something like 5 OL with 3-4 starters in FA.

Otherwise, and I get it, you don't draft for need, but they will NEED to use a second round pick on OL.  And probably a 3rd round pick.  

4 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

Wait, then which one is in charge of the bidet?

OMG.  Can we please keep the toilet talk in the other thread?  Let's not derail two threads....

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, MartinC said:

That’s a blast from the past. Steve Spurrier flash backs …

I probably first heard of those signings reading First Down a week after they happened. Might be another flash back for you.

• Like 2