Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I don't know if we win the game with Heinicke today. We don't score points with him either and needed to score over 24 today with a banged up defense struggling in the 2nd half.

It wouldn't have been as embarassing as Wentz's hat trick of interceptions but the result would have more or less been the same I think.

TH at least completes basic throws to RBs in the flat. Wentz has a track record this year of being really bad starting off 

Just now, Califan007 The Constipated said:

No he didn't lol...stop it.

Game plan was to run the ball to oblivion

Both were reduced to the smallest possible QB role

Both were horrifically innaccurate

Both had astronomical turnover worthy play rates

Both were ineffective rushers

Both put up piddling passing numbers.

You take Wentz name off this performance and that is the same TH game you see every week.

• Like 2

Just now, FootballZombie said:

You take Wentz name off this performance and that is the same TH game you see every week.

But the defenders catch Wentz ints, there’s no pixie dust or moxie, hence why we lost 24-10 rather than like 24-16.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Dude, me neither clearly.

Never in my wildest dreams did I think Wentz would be as bad as he was.

I’m not sure how much more clear I can be that he was god awful and I, Ron and anyone else who wanted to see more of him was wrong about it.

But that doesn’t meant Heinicke doesn’t stink as well.

But I don't expect you or I to realize it...I do expect Rivera to realize it, though. He's paid millions of dollars to realize it...which is why I started my post out the way I did.

Whatever Heinicke was able to bring to the table that helped the team win, Wentz clearly does not. At all. (and I'm not gonna argue this point...because TH most certainly did bring something that helped the team win). Because I think the argument being given is that Heinicke doesn't stink as much as Wentz...not that he doesn't stink at all. We have some here claiming that how Wentz played today was exactly how Heinicke played over the last 9 games...I have no idea how anyone reaches that conclusion. Hell, I don't even think Wentz would play like he did today over the course of 9 straight games lol...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

If the only thing you go off of are yards and completion %, I guess you could reach that conclusion. If you take your comment in bold literally, it means Heinicke's TD:INT ratio over the last 9 weeks was 0/27 lol...

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated

First game I’ve been to since 2013. This team seemed absolutely dead from the start.  I mean absolutely no energy, no moxie, no swag, nothing. No one was getting vocal, no pumping up, nadda. They won’t play for wentz. Heinicke has no talent, but at least he has heart. Both suck though, Ron shoulda just let Howell play. I’m so tired of not having a freaking QB. It’s so ridiculous. I can’t help but repeat the mistake of letting Kirk go years back. I’m more astounded by so many of you who wanted Wentz to start, just as I was shocked by some of you who didn’t want Cousins years ago. Y’all make no sense to me. I like Ron as a coach, I really do. But Scott Turner is an absolute joke, he’s only in the league cause of his daddy. I pray to God Snyder sells this team ASAP. We will never be anything decent until he is gone. Heck I wouldn’t doubt it if he was the one who made Ron start Wentz.

Ready for Lamar Jackson.

We are incapable of trading for, developing, let alone drafting anyone if his caliber. 

And for his limitations, he's still basically Jalen Hurts on crack, and I don't see Philly complaining about it with the talent they have around him.

The Philly experiment of respectable QB mobile surrounded by talent he just has to not get in the way of seems to be working, they bear Dallas if he's playing.

1 minute ago, CommanderCarson said:

If it takes someone not named TH doing the same thing TH does every week for you to realize the absolute fallacy of any TH game...

Even not saying "good" or not being "the answer" is not harsh enough retribution for QB play as bad as what we have seen this season

If it takes someone not named TH doing the same thing TH does every week for you to realize the absolute fallacy of any TH game...

Even not saying "good" or not being "the answer" is not harsh enough retribution for QB play as bad as what we have seen this season

And then to double down. My dude, I’m sorry.

Wentz was as bad as I remember him being earlier this year, I don't know why we thought it would be any better this go around.  I kept hearing how the mental reps Carson was getting was going to help him and now he would understand the offense more, remember that article someone posted where Zampese was talking about Niners game and how you could see Wentz had built a greater understanding of the offense.

What a joke.

• Like 2

I think next year we dont go looking for other teams qb and Howell should start every game no matter what. If he sucks maybe we can luck into the number 1 pick and Caleb. If he's good than we have a franchise guy. He just can't be mediocre.

10 minutes ago, djpapeleta360 said:

I think next year we dont go looking for other teams qb and Howell should start every game no matter what. If he sucks maybe we can luck into the number 1 pick and Caleb. If he's good than we have a franchise guy. He just can't be mediocre.

Can't run w/ 1 QB on the roster.

Have to bring in new blood, and everyone is gonna be more expensive than Howell giving them the leg up. I don't think its possible to stack a roster with only 3 Mil QBs.

17 minutes ago, djpapeleta360 said:

My issue with this is the coaches swapped an below average qb with a proven bad qb and did not even consider going to Howell. If they thought Howell was a legit prospect as an NFL qb they would have deactivated Heiny wipe or Heiny hole or whatever name they gave him and activated Howell. Which goes back to the fact that Rivera rides the whims of others instead of being a head coach. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

No one will ever convince me that Wentz wasn’t Snyder’s idea. The pattern of behavior is far to significant to prove otherwise.

It'll eventually come out that the Wentz trade was all Snyder. He even used the "we have a quarterback" in a congressional deposition. Probably his last attempt to save his ownership. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

My issue with this is the coaches swapped a below average qb with a proven bad qb and did not even consider going to Howell. If they thought Howell was a legit prospect as an NFL qb they would have deactivated Heiny wipe or Heiny hole or whatever name they gave him and activated Howell. Which goes back to the fact that Rivera rides the whims of others instead of being a head coach. 

Well, he didn’t know we could be eliminated from the playoffs today, so…

The Packers are playing their very best game of the 2022 season. Kicking the Vikings purple behinds.

They have effectively taken the dagger our of our collective arm and jammed it in our neck. 

The season is over.  Looking forward to seeing the rookie play next week.

• Like 1

Vs Dallas' D... Yay.

anything he gives us is gravy. You can't put him in a worst spot

Dallas is shooting duds next week.  It wil be like a 3rd week historical playoff game.