Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

16 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Thanks for speaking out.....the Wentz supporters would rather go down being wrong than admit that the TH folks may have been right. All we are saying is that TH isn't bad and that we can win with him....he's not a franchise QB but he'll win you games. Wentz is flat out brutal....intangibles matter with QB's and TH has the edge over CW there. I think Howell may too. Wentz is done in the NFL....Ron better see that real soon, the experiment is over. 

I was wrong about Wentz, I thought he would be much better. But I also remember TH last season, that was brutal. I was at the New Orleans game and he couldn't throw the ball 40 yards downfield, it was really hard to watch. It was between Wentz, Trubisky, Jimmy G, or draft Pickett so it was lose lose either way. 

I also don't want Ron drafting a new QB while on the hot seat. We should draft o-line next year and see what Wentz or Howell can do with protection. If not, bring in a new coach and let him draft his QB.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Thanks for speaking out.....the Wentz supporters would rather go down being wrong than admit that the TH folks may have been right. All we are saying is that TH isn't bad and that we can win with him....he's not a franchise QB but he'll win you games. Wentz is flat out brutal....intangibles matter with QB's and TH has the edge over CW there. I think Howell may too. Wentz is done in the NFL....Ron better see that real soon, the experiment is over. 

Exactly. None of us are saying th is a franchise qb but it’s becoming very clear that his skill and low salary would’ve been better than Wentz and his 28 mil salary. These guys are actually very much Dan like. They belittle those who give good analysis while promoting others who give bad analysis and feed their ego. The man they loath is the same man they strive to be. It’s very confusing. 

• Haha 3

Some people just can't help what seems to be their need to go full dumbass on some hot button topic for them---qbs, "crooked refs", and play calling are common favorites.

In current times most such seem to be hive-rs with qb/mommy issues.

(definitely nothing near as momentous as Cult of Colt or RG3OCD-daze 🤡)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

And yet nothing has changed based on QB selection regardless of mommy issues or crooked refs. Always the same outcome, the team loses. Always loses.......over and over again. Defense this....offense that. Gotta get this guy or that guy and we still lose. Peter Angelo's and Dan Snyder have destroyed my faith in the two things I loved most about growing up in Columbia, MD. Sad.....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

And yet nothing has changed based on QB selection regardless of mommy issues or crooked refs. Always the same outcome, the team loses. Always loses.......over and over again. Defense this....offense that. Gotta get this guy or that guy and we still lose. Peter Angelo's and Dan Snyder have destroyed my faith in the two things I loved most about growing up in Columbia, MD. Sad.....

Gotta suck to be an Orioles fan.  Holy moly... and then they have those periods where they actually look competent and string some wins together, come out the gates looking hot... and then:

Animated GIF

But yeah, it's like that as a fan of this team, as well.  I've grown indifferent to it.  I'm just hoping we lose out and then maybe strike gold on a new QB...

3 hours ago, zCommander said:

You have absolutely nothing to worry about. Your opinion is just as much welcomed on the boards as anyone else.

There are a few who have alot of knowledge on specifics of football, then there are those who think their beliefs are the only ones that matter. You've got as much a right to speak your opinions and/or idea like everyone else does, and i've seen plenty of people who don't know **** from wild honey what they're talking about.

I'm in the opinion of benching Wentz; the guy has no pocket presence whatsoever, and yes the o-line is horribly bad, maybe historically bad, but when a 300+ lb lineman can out run and out maneuver this dud, it speaks volume. 

Because TH doesn't have a rocket arm, he's obviously no good to the team, according to some, but he would have done far better getting out of the pocket at the very least. Seems the only thing Wentz wants to do is throw bombs, when simply getting consistent 1st downs would serve the offense AND defense better.

Wentz has been in the league for awhile now, and starting, while TH had 1 year, with this joke of an OC, and multiple offensive weapons out, and the 'know-it-alls' say he's no good. If he had this year's weapons, healthy, the win/loss would be different. 

Regardless, don't bite your tongue { or fingers in this case } there shouldn't be any favoritism here.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

32 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

If we truly bottom out ( top 2) pick draft a qb. If we are looking at third qb then I would pass. We are bad but I don't think top 2 bad. More like pick 6 to 10 bad.

Deshaun Watson was the 3rd QB taken in the 2017 draft

Josh Allen was the 3rd QB taken in the 2018 draft

4 hours ago, zCommander said:

You have your way of seeing things and I have mine. To you it might be over the top but to me it seemed a realistic view on how I see things. Are we going to agree on that. Probably not. I never said I liked Wentz. I said I was on the fence and would wait and see how that fairs out for us. I was not big on Wentz like some of you guys were - strong arm and all. If that doesn't translate to wins then it is useless. Not having an effect OL is also useless. You can call me out as much as you like I have no problem with that. Trust me it won't hurt my feelings...lol

I joined this board to learn more about football as I used to watch football games for entertainment and would have the TV on all day - which I still do - 1pm to 11:30 pm. Who does that? Me. I like watching football. It is my day off and I want to watch me some football no matter who is playing. This is how I also learn about other teams and how their QBs/team is playing. I didn't become a Redskins fan until 24 years ago when my son was born. I knew I had to pick a team to take my son to a game when he is old enough to understand. He probably hates me for making him a Redskins fan though...lol

Please don't blow the 12-14 out of proportions since you don't actually remember why I said that. My reasoning was based on how many games we won last year and how many games we should win this year. Maybe 12-14 maybe being too optimistic or as some have pointed out not realistic. To me it was a fair amount of wins. But please don't burn a guy for being too optimistic or having a different view and instead calling him stupid instead.

You don't need to read between the lines. Just ask me "hey z, what the hell do you even mean? Are you on drugs or something." But you don't need to belittle me though to do so. 

I don't get pissed off that easily but do reserve the right to fight for my stance though....lol

The only agenda I have is for this team to have a ****ing wining season while I am still alive! I will be 52 this year. 

I have been pretty honest about my opinions. Maybe not popular for some but I am not going sit there and just pretend everything is rosy. Okay I lie. I do pretend we are going to win every week in the insomniac thread. I know sometimes it is false hope. In life you have to have some hope and smile so you don't go over the edge over a football team. Life is too short to for that. 

I don't mind you guys beating me up for my stance or my way of thinking as long as we don't all go overboard. I don't mind the healthy bickering back and forth. I would appreciate the common courtesy for allowing me to do the same to you as well. Beating you up that is. :)

What I don't like is when people start calling you an idiot because they feel they know more about football than you and has to put you down for it. You really don't know how much the other person knows. Everyone has strengths and weakness. I will clear up what mine are: I don't get too deep into the x's and the o's. I have learned a lot though ever since joining ES. Since ES had some super smart people that the other boards were lacking. I don't watch college football. Busy on Saturdays. I do read up on draft prospect and will watch some highlights if I have the time. Just like in the IT world you have to stay up with current tech/events so you don't fall too far behind. 

If there is anything else you would like to know about me please don't hesitate to ask. :)

You have nothing to apologize for.  These Wentz fanboys are slowly coming to the realization that he’s exactly what everybody in the national media said he was.  But, I do disagree with you about Heinecke.  He’s not as talented as Wentz, and there’s no way they could bring him back as QB1 for this season.  Wentz was literally their last resort, since no QB would willingly come here unless they were traded.  They just unfortunately went for the QB that is talented, but very flawed.  Anybody defending Wentz now, should have their head examined.  He’s NOT that guy.  He’ll never be that guy.  I knew what he was, watching most of his games as an Eagle, and watching some of his games last year as a Colt.  Both those orgs couldn’t get rid of him fast enough.  It’s amazing how we keep getting retreads who are clearly flawed, and thinking that they can resurrect their careers here in DC.  LOL.

Edited by samy316
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Some people here thinking about getting a QB in next years draft to solve the problem havent quite thought that through....

I know some of you are worried that if we end up with a top 5 pick it will be Ron making it.  But that wont happen.  Dan Snyder will watch some youtube videos and will make that pick.  Thats the QB the Commanders will get next season.

• Sad 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, method man said:

Deshaun Watson was the 3rd QB taken in the 2017 draft

Josh Allen was the 3rd QB taken in the 2018 draft

Jalen Hurts was 4th in 2020. Lamar Jackson was, what, 5th in 2018? 

Just gotta invest in someone with talent, intelligence, and work ethic and make sure everyone in the organization is all in on his development.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm calling out @kingdaddy (and will be doing the same to others) who use phrases like "all the wentz fanboys" to produce multiple over the top posts of at least, say, 3 posters that would be read by most regs as the content of a "fanboy."

We all know what a fanboy's posting would be like, right?

To me, heinie guys (like z, jdwhatever, and king daddy) are the most recent manifestation here.

But yeah, show me the posts cuz I read these threads with fair degree of cognitive competence and I can't think of a single poster (there's gotta at least a small group according to these guys) that comes off as a "wentz fanboy" but I am always open to actual evidence.

Now if I see nothing or get some blatant fail of an attempt from kingdaddy here and now or from anyone else I see using that phrase moving forward, then I'll accept the admission that the phrase has been misused as a strawman and a troll.🙂

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rex Tomb said:

Gotta suck to be an Orioles fan.  Holy moly... and then they have those periods where they actually look competent and string some wins together, come out the gates looking hot... and then:

Animated GIF

But yeah, it's like that as a fan of this team, as well.  I've grown indifferent to it.  I'm just hoping we lose out and then maybe strike gold on a new QB...

Hey now, my Orioles just had a winning season ( 83 - 79 ) and have the #1 farm system in the mlb, according to multiple ranking sites. Also the new GM Mike Elias has promised to spend money this offseason. Unlike the Commanders, things are looking quite bright for the Baltimore Orioles!

• Like 1

So far none of the attitude, but none of the talent either. Those final 3 plays bad calls or not were a joke and I think we're witnessing the dregs of his career play out

Im coming round to the fact that we're going to have to send Howell out at some point, it's not ideal the situation isn't great for any QB that steps out there right now including Carson, but Carson is paid $28m and isn't playing anywhere near that. We HAVE to see what we've got in Howell, its a QB heavy draft and we need a clear evaluation of the boy to find out what we've got here

• Thumb up 1

Did I watch a different game?  They converted one third down.  The offense looked inept, outside of two great throws.  They refuse to run the ball and have 35+ pass attempts every single game.  He's one interception away from matching his total from last season.  The dude is garbage when he's not operating a Frank Reich system.  

22 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Did I watch a different game?  They converted one third down.  The offense looked inept, outside of two great throws.  They refuse to run the ball and have 35+ pass attempts every single game.  He's one interception away from matching his total from last season.  The dude is garbage when he's not operating a Frank Reich system.  

I've only watched about three quarters of actions this season, but my take from that amount of time is that Wentz is sort of "Cousins with a big arm". He'll get into a groove for a while during a game and you'll think that he's really the guy, but then that killer mistake is always right around the corner.

He's not horrible, but he's also not the guy to carry a bad team on his shoulders.