Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

However my main concern there is not so much that we'd have to give up a 2nd round pick, but that we'd almost surely have to give him a new contract as part of the trade.

I'd assume he'd ask for at least a 3 year deal, but probably more like 5. So let's take something in the middle and say 4 years. If we give him a pretty good amount of money on a 4 year contract I think that makes it much more unlikely that we'll be drafting a QB any time soon unless we really want to have a $20-25 million backup sitting on the bench for a couple years.

Don't know. Keim suggested if its Jimmy G, they would have to fish for another Qb soon,.  I don't know if that was him speculating or something he heard which is if Jimmy G, they are also perhaps drafting a QB this year or next, or whatever "soon" means, etc.   If that's something he heard, I am doubting they pull up the brinks truck and give Jimmy G a big deal.

Some say Bruce gave Alex that fat contract in part as a shot at Kirk and his agent.  They were unwilling to give Kirk, more than 2 years of guaranteed money so they turn around and give Alex 4.  If so as usual the joke was on Bruce.   

6 minutes ago, mistertim said:

How in the world are we not even on the list? The Ravens are on there ahead of us? Seriously?

Yeah that's why I posted it.  It's funny most of us here think there is no shot, apparently bettors see it the same way

Wonder now about Tampa, rumors seem to be heating tonight that Brady might indeed retire.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Hi fellas, too me a few weeks to remember my password lol.

I couldn't help but have fantasies about Rodgers and Adam's last night.  It's doable.  I'm thinking trade whatever excluding McLaurin.  Including chase if that's the deal maker.  

Rg3 kinds of draft picks.  Don't care.  This year finally taught me that the QB is virtually the only part of your team that matters.  Each year there's an outlier, this year it's Jimmy g and the 49ers, and good for them. Even of they pull out a super bowl victory it will remain the outlier. 

Rodgers having his way with Adam's,  McLaurin, arguably top pass catching RBs...that's not a fantasy, it will work and Rodgers will score as much as he ever has.  The only risk is injury and that risk is always there for every team so i say pick up the phone.

The alternative is guaranteed mediocrity at best.  No one has time for that in the NFL.  Go get the best QB, period.  

• Like 3

If Brady does retire I could see JimmyG going there. I am 50/50 on his retirement. Trubisky may go to the nyg with his offensive coordinator becoming head coach he could get starting spot over Jones. This is either going to be a great off season or a disappointing off season. I could see us not getting anything but a rookie.

10 minutes ago, method man said:

I don't think they'd give up much of significance for Jimmy G. I don't think Trubisky is too far removed from him on the NFL QB ladder. I don't know why you wouldn't just sign Trubisky for free vs giving away picks for Jimmy G if you went that route

Jimmy G is better than Trubisky but probably not by all that much. I'd say it would go Jimmy G is slightly better than Trubisky who is slightly better or around the same as Heinicke. Though Jimmy G and Heinicke seem to have more decisiveness and pocket presence than Trubisky.

If it were between a 2nd for Jimmy G + a new contract for him + waiting another couple years for another crack at a QB or Trubisky in FA and drafting a QB in the 1st this year, I'd definitely go with the latter.

Of course, that's assuming they actually do like one or two of the QBs in this crop and give them a 1st round grade. If our coaches and FO honest to god don't see any of these guys as being worth a 1st round pick then I guess you go with Jimmy G and hope it's enough to stave off being fired until a better QB crop comes along.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

He’s not a peg better than Heineke.  

One can play and start in the NFL.

One can’t.

TH is a peg on the peg board of NFL starters.

The other is lying on the table 3 in the room 3 doors down from the peg board. 

I really shouldn’t ask, but does this mean you believe our roster (injuries, Covid and all) was and is distinctly superior to San Fran’s?

8 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

https://247sports.com/Article/Deshaun-Watson-grand-jury-findings-on-sexual-assault-allegations-could-be-unveiled-in-January-178621778/

Interesting that we haven't heard much more about this. I would expect news soon about Watson and that could affect some of these conversations. 

I don’t think it matters. Watson said he doesn’t want to come to DC per Keim. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Yeah I think Watson is basically a complete non-factor at this point.

Doesn't want to come here, may not even have his legal issues resolved by the time he could be traded, may also get suspended for up to a whole season by the NFL, has allegations that combined with those against the WFT not long ago would be a PR nightmare.

16 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I don’t think it matters. Watson said he doesn’t want to come to DC per Keim. 

Of course it matters. Let’s say Watson goes to the Bears, or the Raiders, or, whoever. It affects the landscape. 

Also, I’m not sure how much stock I put into someone’s no trade clause when they are refusing to play for their current team and are damaged goods. Of course he’ll try to force his way to a favored spot. But is he really going to sit on his thumbs in Houston, if that is the choice? I doubt it. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Of course it matters. Let’s say Watson goes to the Bears, or the Raiders, or, whoever. It affects the landscape. 

Also, I’m not sure how much stock I put into someone’s no trade clause when they are refusing to play for their current team and are damaged goods. Of course he’ll try to force his way to a favored spot. But is he really going to sit on his thumbs in Houston, if that is the choice? I doubt it. 

Exactly. Until he comes out and publicly says “I am not going to Washington”, I’d take reports about him not wanting to come here with a grain of salt. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mistertim said:

How in the world are we not even on the list? The Ravens are on there ahead of us? Seriously?

Why would a QB of Aaron's caliber would want to come here and play for Dan? Rodgers has standards. Dan doesn't. 

29 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Let's worry about our landscaped instead. 

Edited by zskins

55 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Jimmy G is better than Trubisky but probably not by all that much. I'd say it would go Jimmy G is slightly better than Trubisky who is slightly better or around the same as Heinicke. Though Jimmy G and Heinicke seem to have more decisiveness and pocket presence than Trubisky.

If it were between a 2nd for Jimmy G + a new contract for him + waiting another couple years for another crack at a QB or Trubisky in FA and drafting a QB in the 1st this year, I'd definitely go with the latter.

Of course, that's assuming they actually do like one or two of the QBs in this crop and give them a 1st round grade. If our coaches and FO honest to god don't see any of these guys as being worth a 1st round pick then I guess you go with Jimmy G and hope it's enough to stave off being fired until a better QB crop comes along.

Yeah, I’m torn on comparing Trubisky to Garoppolo.  Trubisky gives you the athleticism/running ability, seems to me Jimmy gives a bit more in the passing department.  What complicates it more for me though is Trubisky had Nagy (and it was his first 3-4 years), while Jimmy has had Shanahan (and more experience in the league, as well as more time in the same system).  I’m not knowledgeable enough to make a determination of which offers more, but factoring in the presumed cost to acquire them, it becomes Trubisky by a mile for me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zskins said:

Rodgers has standards.

He's got something alright.

How many of us ****ed about Sweats BS this season and now people are pining for Rodgers. 

There is zero chance Ron and Rodgers don't butt heads. None.

Rodgers is an elite amazing QB for sure, but he's a problematic loon who ran his record up owning a bad division and then going 7-9 in the playoffs with some pretty good teams.

lol standards. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 2

15 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

He's got something alright.

How many of us ****ed about Sweats BS this season and now people are pining for Rodgers. 

There is zero chance Ron and Rodgers don't butt heads. None.

Rodgers is an elite amazing QB for sure, but he's a problematic loon who ran his record up owning a bad division and then going 7-9 in the playoffs with some pretty good teams.

lol standards. 

I never said he wasn't an asshole...lol

1 hour ago, zskins said:

Let's worry about our landscaped instead. 

Landscapes are intertwined

Every movement of a QB either takes a competitor off the market, or wriggles free another QB to pursue. Even if they don't come here, some of these QB's final destinations are still of critical import to our own endeavors.

• Like 1

Let's stop kidding ourselves with this trubisky and whoever else talk.   Go for Rodgers or Wilson maybe and go to the playoffs. Draft someone, fine, but like many others, I'm this close to complete and utter apathy. Like, won't go to a game won't buy anything won't even look for a TV with the game on apathy.  **** your draft analytics, **** your scheme, **** your new name, just go get the best QB, score points and hope you get the coin toss right in overtime.

23 minutes ago, shemp nixon said:

Regarding Jimmy G... If he ends up being the guy, I still think we should draft a QB in the first or second round. Let the kid sit and learn the pro game until he is ready. 

Hell, Jimmy just might be a great bridge to Willis, who will need time. 

I don't see Jimmy being the guy. We already have Fitz (if we sign him up again), Taylor and Kyle who can be the bridge. No need to bring someone in to be a bridge and pay a lot of money for that bridge. Not very cost effective and pretty dumb. 

I’d rather draft someone; someone we can have 10-15 years.

So spend that first round pick in a qb. If in 2-3 years it doesn’t work out ; do it again. If the guy is really bad and we have draft again next year, so be it.

We have to find that 10-15 year starter and that’s thru the draft.

Look at how many qbs the Bengals drafted post Boomer E. Until they got Carson Palmer. After it went sour with him; they got Andy Dalton. Now they have Joe Burrow.

We are going to keep swinging until we get it right.

Without a qb; we aren’t doing jack.

• Like 1