Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

29 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I think you misread. Or I am not being clear enough.

I asked why are we discussing Watson in regards to our quarterback situation. Meaning options for US at QB. 

He's not coming here. That dream/ridiculousness needs to die.

Discussing where he might go is entirely different and not what I was addressing or asking. 

Not to nitpick, but I’m still not sure that Watson is going to be in any position to nitpick. He may wind up accepting any decent team to make an acceptable offer. 

I’m also not so sure that Rivera couldn’t sell us to someone that was previously closed. Let’s say that the new name and uni’s are great and we have an awesome stadium design and facility under wraps. You extend Terry and bring him in to help make the pitch. Players love Ron. I don’t think it’s out of the question that we change some minds. 

KDawg, as on the the biggest Fields supports in the draft last year, I wanted to ask your opinion. I also loved Fields. I didn’t get a chance to watch him with the Bears. Did you watch enough to give a detailed impression? It sounded to me like his line got him killed. 

2 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

KDawg, as on the the biggest Fields supports in the draft last year, I wanted to ask your opinion. I also loved Fields. I didn’t get a chance to watch him with the Bears. Did you watch enough to give a detailed impression? It sounded to me like his line got him killed. 

I think he made a few pretty poor decisions with the ball and he was hesitant to pull the trigger. Part of that is on the line, part of that is on him not adjusting to NFL speed.

I don't think he was comfortable in the gameplan or offense and I don't believe Nagy allowed him to get in a rhythm. He should use his legs more while keeping his eyes downfield, which he didn't do as often as I think he should. He needs to study Mahomes tape and develop his game in a similar style while still using the gifts he has.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If Heinicke is more or less the same as Jimmy G as some purport here.  We should be jazzed because if there is supposedly a decent market for Jimmy G where he supposedly will land at least a 2nd, then why not Heinicke for a 2nd?  😀

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Right? If they're on the same tier, and Jimmy G is being considered for a 2nd plus something, maybe even a 1rst, then we should be shopping Heinicke, except one will be in the championship game, again with his very winning record, while every single coach, media person and fan, except maybe 4 people who didn't go to ODU are screaming about what a big hole it is. 

The same Jimmy G. that didn't even score a single TD in the Packers game. Please don't tell me Taylor is incapable of that. I was responding to a poster about how Jimmy would be a good bridge QB for the draft picked QB and I said you don't bring in Jimmy G. as a bridge QB since we have like 3 on the roster. But if you guys want to twist my words then go right ahead if it makes you happy. 

42 minutes ago, method man said:

Ehh Del Rio took a shot at Carr not being able to win in cold weather when he was a media member that Carr took umbrage to. Hopefully not a big deal

I know but I gather he's over it because I heard that they had a good relationship not that long ago.  But who knows?

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/raiders/raiders-report-derek-carr-jack-del-rio-talk-old-times-2491575/

They did get to catch up after the game, burying any lingering animosity that could have been present after the two exchanged barbs in the media last year about Carr’s struggles in cold-weather games.

“I talked to him afterward,” Carr said. “We had a good talk, obviously I wish it was better for me, but we just expressed our love for one another and how thankful we were for the times that we had.”

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Given the Bears don’t have a 2022 first, used for Fields, and they would presumably need 3 first to get Watson, would you offer #11 straight up for Fields?

Did you literally copy and paste my question from 2 days ago which started with "Bram brought up..." and ended with this exact question, worded almost in an identical way?  :P

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, zskins said:

The same Jimmy G. that didn't even score a single TD in the Packers game. Please don't tell me Taylor is incapable of that. 

Yes, Taylor could definitely not score in that game. Either could I and I'm probably closer to doing it, than Taylor is to Jimmy G doing it.  :ols:

A bridge QB is a QB you can win with, even though they aren't elite and you're grooming another QB. You can't win with Heinicke.

• Thumb down 2

17 minutes ago, zskins said:

The same Jimmy G. that didn't even score a single TD in the Packers game. Please don't tell me Taylor is incapable of that. I was responding to a poster about how Jimmy would be a good bridge QB for the draft picked QB and I said you don't bring in Jimmy G. as a bridge QB since we have like 3 on the roster. But if you guys want to twist my words then go right ahead if it makes you happy. 

I think Heinicke is quite capable of not scoring a TD in a game.

As far as Jimmy G, as most people know by now I'm not very high on him, but he's definitely better than Heinicke. How much better is where we have some disagreement. I think Jimmy G is overrated as he hardly has to do much and gets bailed out by the rest of his team with some regularity (2 TDs and 5 INTs in his playoff and SB appearances is pretty god awful). But at least he has a legit NFL arm.

It's also abundantly clear, whether you agree with them or not, that the WFT coaches and FO don't believe in Heinicke and are absolutely hell bent on getting an upgrade this offseason. Sounds like the preferred choice is to trade for a stud like Wilson or Rodgers, but that's unlikely. Next up would be Carr if possible. Then they'd get to the decision about whether to go after FAs like Trubisky, Mariota, etc or trade for a mediocre guy like Jimmy G.

I'm not a huge fan of the Jimmy G thing because I think we'd have to give up at least a 2nd and probably give him a new contract, which means IMO it's likely that we'd be kicking the can down the road again on drafting a guy and would still end up mediocre with Jimmy G. However, if we did that but still drafted a QB at least within the next year or two I'd probably be ok with it.

He's definitely an upgrade to Heinicke though. Heinicke's weak arm really limits what an offense can even game plan for and that's a pretty major detriment to winning games. At least with a guy like Jimmy G we could try to stretch the field more.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, zskins said:

I admire your feelings toward Heinicke zskins. I no longer share the same sentiment you have for him, but it's admirable. I'll just leave it at that.

23 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Did you literally copy and paste my question from 2 days ago which started with "Bram brought up..." and ended with this exact question, worded almost in an identical way?  :P

:rofl89:I genuinely didn’t see that, or don’t recall so. God I hope I didn’t reply to it :ols:

However I bet I’m not the last person to ask that same question as this thread is stuck in a classic ES frenzied loop. 

Edited by UK SKINS FAN 74
  • Haha 6
  • Thumb up 1

29 minutes ago, zskins said:

The same Jimmy G. that didn't even score a single TD in the Packers game. Please don't tell me Taylor is incapable of that. I was responding to a poster about how Jimmy would be a good bridge QB for the draft picked QB and I said you don't bring in Jimmy G. as a bridge QB since we have like 3 on the roster. 

Speaking for myself, I wasn't thinking of just one poster in making my point.  So I am not trying to misrepresent anyone's point so if its taken that way, sorry.

I do disagree that Taylor is a good bridge QB.  Clearly, Rivera disagrees too based on his rhetoric and what beat guys have said.  But will see.  

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

My position on Trubisky is kind of complex

The key point around Trubisky for me is that we were reportedly very close to acquiring him before the trade deadline. No idea if that was substantiated. It seemed more concrete than the links to Carr and Mariota in the previous offseason for example.

So you have to assume he becomes the preferred fallback option if the so called ‘swing big’ fails.

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Speaking for myself, I wasn't thinking of just one poster in making my point.  So I am not trying to misrepresent anyone's point so if its taken that way, sorry.

I do disagree that Taylor is a good bridge QB.  Clearly, Rivera disagrees too based on his rhetoric and what beat guys have said.  But will see.  

Mayhew disagrees as well. They mentally moved on from TH mid season. Connected to the previous post of mine and the apparent link to Trubisky at the trade deadline.

48 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

:rofl89:I genuinely didn’t see that, or don’t recall so. God I hope I didn’t reply to it :ols:

However I bet I’m not the last person to ask that same question as this thread is stuck in a classic ES frenzied loop. 

Yeah I honestly don't understand why theoretical physicists keep mucking about with all that math when ES is clear, verifiable and reproducible evidence that Closed Timelike Curves actually exist in the universe.

Edited by mistertim
  • Haha 3

Silver reposted this tweet that was from from Mar'21 and says he thinks the same this year reference Russell Wilson.  The Seahawks situation is a mess and mentioned basically if the Bears blew them away with a bunch of picks there would be a deal or if Wilson would expand his team list and waive his no trade clause, he'd be gone.

He mentioned Wilson calling out it offensive line which parallels what Fowler said about Wilson upset with getting beat up the last several years.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

WFT Fans "this OC sucks"

3 possibly 4 straight OCs go on to become successful HCs

WTF Fans "Turner sucks"

I'm excited to get a good QB in this offense.

Our idiot fan base has no idea how to evaluate coaches or QBs for that matter.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

WFT Fans "this OC sucks"

WTF Fans "Turner sucks"

"_______ OC dOeSnT cAlL gAMes to _______ stReNGths!!!"

My favorite was the constant whining about why Turner isn't regularly cutting the field in half to move the pocket for Heineke and have him throw on the run.  I'm not sure what birthed this theory that Heineke is good at throwing on the run or that rolling him out is his bread and butter, but it was a common complaint by several posters.  As if Scott Turner is a complete asshat that can't unlock the greatness in Heineke, when he's literally the only guy in the league who determined him serviceable enough to put him on a roster.

As for those that came before Turner, there is quite a bit of revisionist history from the peanut gallery.  I recall both Kyle and McVay getting much of the same criticism and pitchforks as we do with Turner.  Even when they were crafting game plans for dudes like John Beck, Rex Grossman, etc.

I honestly have no idea how to feel about Turner overall, but I think the criticism he gets as for him not game planning to Heinke's strengths (whatever those are) and not being innovative/creative is BS.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, zskins said:

Aaron Rodgers did not throw a td either. I think Jimmy G is not great but I like are chances more then with a rookie and I think we could trade for and sign him for a fair price. I think Trubisky could do the same but the price will not be as cheap as everyone think.

Edited by Redskins 2021

53 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

WFT Fans "this OC sucks"

WTF Fans "Turner sucks"

yeah, his play calling is predictable at times, but it’s hard to remain unpredictable when the qb you have can’t throw more than 10 yards without rainbowing it. 

im really interested in seeing his offense with a good armed qb that has a little bit of time to know the system. The WRs are open more often than it seems. A strong armed QB gives Diggs one less int this year and Mclaurin at min 50 more yards and a td. 

if he ever gets a qb with a good offense, he’ll be gone in no time. With Ron being defense, everyone will realize the offense is all turner. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

You're not trying to say that Aaron Rodgers and Taylor Heinicke are the same, right?

I'm sure I'm just reading this wrong.

No. I am saying  just for as bad as Jimmyg played Rodgers was not that much better that day.  Wrong quote my mistake nothing to do with Heinicke.

Edited by Redskins 2021

I don't even care that much about the QB. Yeah, be awesome to have one of those elusive unicorns throwing 40 yard dimes on the regular and I'd enjoy it, but I like defense so much better. 

When I watch games, I generally watch the TE or the RB. I miss having Sellers and Young, because FB is awesome. I'd honestly be happy with an offense that runs it 70% of the time and rarely throws longer than 10 yards, as long as they did it really well and was unstoppable. 

8 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Given the Bears don’t have a 2022 first, used for Fields, and they would presumably need 3 first to get Watson, would you offer #11 straight up for Fields?

I get that the Bears are kind of a ****ed up team, but good lord giving up on Fields this soon... Is there any truth to this? Wow.