Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

10 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I can’t remember the last time a player said something bad about Dan. Bruce? We all know that story. Players trashing the FO? Heard that too. But I haven’t heard anything negative from players about Dan himself. And we know they like Rivera. I don’t think it should be that big an issue.

Yeah I suppose the players might not have too much to **** about when it comes to Dan...well, as long as they're stars. He pays them a ton and then gets buddy buddy with them. But that's a whole different problematic issue.

9 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I can’t remember the last time a player said something bad about Dan. Bruce? We all know that story. Players trashing the FO? Heard that too. But I haven’t heard anything negative from players about Dan himself. And we know they like Rivera. I don’t think it should be that big an issue.

This. Most of the players actually typically like Dan. Alex was close with Dan after the injury during the whole Bruce saga. Trent even hasn’t had anything bad to say about Dan. Dan had even reportedly at the very least offered to pay Trent’s medical bills and was the one that visited Trent multiple times in the hospital. Dan has his faults but being disliked by his players other than maybe Kirk Cousins isn’t one of them. 

19 minutes ago, method man said:

Payton is set on sitting the year out. If Ron bombs in year 3, Payton would be the obvious top target

He'll go to the cowboys with all their weapons and old connections long before he came here.

That would suck if that happened.

Edited by redskinss

7 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah I suppose the players might not have too much to **** about when it comes to Dan...well, as long as they're stars. He pays them a ton and then gets buddy buddy with them. But that's a whole different problematic issue.

Yes but this time it may actually work in our favor and it’s actually perfect for us. Let’s say Ron and co decide they want Rodgers or Wilson who need to be sold on the idea. You bring Dan in who supposedly is very charming when it comes to these types of situations. And it’s a win all the way around. Ron and co get their qb. Dan gets a guy he can sell to the fan base with the new rebrand and trying to get a stadium. We as fans get to watch an exciting Qb. And it helps keep Dan in the background because it makes him feel involved which helps keep him in the background long term. 

5 hours ago, zskins said:

Since you missed my point last time. I will say it again. Taylor can be more than capable of being that bridge QB and no need to bring in Jimmy for that.

No he can't.  You're just wrong on that.  You're not just wrong, you're really wrong.  You're totally, completely, and utterly wrong.  

There is not going to be any plan to have Taylor play a down for the WFT ever again.  He might still play because of injury.  But the plan will be for him to never see the field.

Taylor CANNOT make the necessary NFL throws, and what we saw up until the Giants game (and they had quit) is defenses knew exactly how to play him: You mug the receivers off the line, sell out to stop the run, and force him to attempt tight window throws he physically can't make.  Or at least not make consistently.

If the plan is to play him, you've already lost.  Even as a bridge.  You've given up, waved the white flag, and admitted you're going to lose just about every game he starts.  

And again, I am not (As Galdi puts it) a Taylor Heineke Denier.  A Taylor Heineke Hater.  A TATER.  I really am not.  I was happy to see him get his opportunity. After Fitz went down he deserved the right to play out the season, which he did.  He is courageous, and he's a good backup.  He CANNOT be the bridge, or in any way a "plan" to start.  

Also, if you bring in Jimmy, he's NOT the Bridge.  He IS the guy.  You don't bring in Jimmy to bridge to somebody.  You bring him in, you extend him, you pay him, and then next year, you draft a QB to try and replace him in 2-3 years.  But that's not a bridge.  Jimmy would be the answer in that scenario. 

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, redskinss said:

He'll go to the cowboys with all their weapons and old connections long before he came here.

That would suck if that happened.

Payton is gonna start working for CBS NFL games to replace Romo who is going to Amazon NFL. No more stress of coaching for him.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Yes but this time it may actually work in our favor and it’s actually perfect for us. Let’s say Ron and co decide they want Rodgers or Wilson who need to be sold on the idea. You bring Dan in who supposedly is very charming when it comes to these types of situations. And it’s a win all the way around. Ron and co get their qb. Dan gets a guy he can sell to the fan base with the new rebrand and trying to get a stadium. We as fans get to watch an exciting Qb. And it helps keep Dan in the background because it makes him feel involved which helps keep him in the background long term. 

And then Dan gets buddy buddy with his new toy and tries to do end-arounds on the coaching staff when his new toy isn't happy about something. We've seen this **** play out before.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

replace Romo who is going to Amazon NFL.

You have a source for this, or are you making stuff up? Romo signed a 10 year deal with CBS back in 2020. Him and Nantz are their A-list crew. They aren't leaving CBS.

Al Michaels is reportedly leaving NBC to go work for Amazon, with Mike Tirrico taking his place on NBC.

Edited by ExoDus84
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Watch Sean Payton not get the QB he needs, get fired in 5.

Drew Brees was average at BEST when he was at San Diego, on top of that had a labrum surgery before going to the saints. Yes Brees is amazing but i think Payton had a lot to do with his success early on, I honestly do not trust the current regime to solve our mediocrity issues/ qb issues. 

Edited by CjSuAvE22

Just now, CjSuAvE22 said:

Drew Brees was average at BEST when he was at San Diego, on top of that had a labrum surgery before going to the saints. Yes Brees is amazing but i think Payton had a lot to do with his success early on.

Great. 

Who is Drew Brees here?

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Great. 

Who is Drew Brees here?

A nobody obviously, unless we think about that MNF game in 2018 where half the fanbase was fooled into thinking we were good because we started 6-3 with Captain Checkdown. But seriously if we are gonna trade for a QB i dont want Rodgers or Wilson, id trade for Watson otherwise draft a QB, or if Cousins is released maybe try to bring him in, Jimmy G is prob a last resort for me and thats only if hes released and we dont have to give up anything if not any of those options then draft someone i dont care who its a crap shoot anyway. But now after typing all this out Wilson does sound kinda nice but i think hes the least realistic option. Watson is prob also a pipe dream and i could careless about the allegations against him, where are the criminal charges?? Give up 3 first rounders daron payne gibson and logan thomas. 

45 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

No he can't.  You're just wrong on that.  You're not just wrong, you're really wrong.  You're totally, completely, and utterly wrong.  

There is not going to be any plan to have Taylor play a down for the WFT ever again.  He might still play because of injury.  But the plan will be for him to never see the field.

Taylor CANNOT make the necessary NFL throws, and what we saw up until the Giants game (and they had quit) is defenses knew exactly how to play him: You mug the receivers off the line, sell out to stop the run, and force him to attempt tight window throws he physically can't make.  Or at least not make consistently.

If the plan is to play him, you've already lost.  Even as a bridge.  You've given up, waved the white flag, and admitted you're going to lose just about every game he starts.  

And again, I am not (As Galdi puts it) a Taylor Heineke Denier.  A Taylor Heineke Hater.  A TATER.  I really am not.  I was happy to see him get his opportunity. After Fitz went down he deserved the right to play out the season, which he did.  He is courageous, and he's a good backup.  He CANNOT be the bridge, or in any way a "plan" to start.  

Also, if you bring in Jimmy, he's NOT the Bridge.  He IS the guy.  You don't bring in Jimmy to bridge to somebody.  You bring him in, you extend him, you pay him, and then next year, you draft a QB to try and replace him in 2-3 years.  But that's not a bridge.  Jimmy would be the answer in that scenario. 

You can say wrong in 10k+ languages but it doesn't make the point I was making any less valid. Maybe you had a hard time reading what I said so I will try this way instead: YOU DO NOT PAY A HIGH PRICE FOR JIMMY G. TO COME IN TO BE A BRIDGE QB. 

But since you brought it up: Taylor has won 7 games and not lose just about every game he started. But again what I said had nothing to do with whether Taylor has a NFL arm or not. You went off topic and want to bury Taylor 6+ feet deep because you don't like him. You go right ahead and do that if it makes you happy. Okay. 

Edited by zskins

3 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

A nobody obviously, unless we think about that MNF game in 2018 where half the fanbase was fooled into thinking we were good because we started 6-3 with Captain Checkdown. But seriously if we are gonna trade for a QB i dont want Rodgers or Wilson, id trade for Watson otherwise draft a QB, or if Cousins is released maybe try to bring him in, Jimmy G is prob a last resort for me and thats only if hes released and we dont have to give up anything if not any of those options then draft someone i dont care who its a crap shoot anyway. But now after typing all this out Wilson does sound kinda nice but i think hes the least realistic option. Watson is prob also a pipe dream and i could careless about the allegations against him, where are the criminal charges?? Give up 3 first rounders daron payne gibson and logan thomas. 

Trading for Watson among legal issues is a really, really bad move.

Further, Watson isn't waiving his no trade clause to come to Washington. 

But I am REALLY glad you aren't a decision maker for this team trading all of that for a guy who may not ever play a down. 

Just now, zskins said:

You can say wrong in 10k+ languages but it doesn't make the point I was making any less valid. Maybe you had a hard time reading what I said so I will try this way instead: YOU DO NOT PAY A HIGH PRICE FOR JIMMY G. TO COME IN TO BE A BRIDGE QB. 

But since you brought it up: Taylor has won 7 games and not lose just about every game he started. But again what I said had nothing to do with whether Taylor has a NFL arm or not. You went off topic and want to bury Taylor 6+ feet because you don't like him. You go right ahead and do that if it makes you happy. Okay. 

Heinicke is not the guy. In any scenario. He cannot be the guy. He can compete, sure. If he shows a new side of him next August where he has gained a ton of arm strength by some miracle and is rifling the ball around and wins the job... awesome.

But Heinicke can not be the bridge QB. The incumbent. The QB1. 

Free Agents will NOT come here if that is the case. They will ask what the plan is at QB even if it means drafting a guy. If the Team's answer is: Taylor Heinicke... any agent who also doesn't represent Heinicke (does he have one?) would laugh themselves out of Ashburn. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

But I am REALLY glad you aren't a decision maker for this team trading all of that for a guy who may not ever play a down. 

Obviously it would have to be contingent on that he can actually play...and if he can 3 first rounders is not a steep price at ALL for someone of his talent. 

Edited by CjSuAvE22

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

This is extremely conservative, I think you could make a convincing argument that 4-500 yards and 4-5 TD’s were left on the field this year with McLaurin. He’s that good and suffered that much from missed or poorly thrown balls. 

Totally agree that’s why I said at minimum. I was really referring to one particular play that stood out from this year as an example. 

Edited by Fan since a Fetus
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mooka said:

Bad? In Single-digit temperatures and the snow? 

I find it weird you or others keep discussing that game without mentioning the weather. As if the 13-10 score was totally normal and had nothing to do with it. 

In normal weather the 49ers start the game with a  50+ yard TD to Kittle that Garoppolo put right in his hands. Some of the strongest hands in the game. 

Jimmy G hasn't been any better in his other playoff performances. He has 2 TDs and 5 INTs in the postseason. That's pretty awful. Even if you decide to remove the game vs the Packers for some reason (teams sometimes play in cold weather...it happens...but whatever) then he still has only 2 TDs and 4 INTs in 4 postseason games.

The idea that he's anything even close to a reason for their postseason success is laughable.

• Thumb up 1

8 hours ago, KDawg said:

Because you can't get to the show without having the chance.

Because I hate suffering through awful season after awful season.

Because I think this team is a good receiver, a blunt force work horse back and a QB away from being competitive.

Next: I'm not talking about the divisional round. You just said "deep into the playoffs". Does that mean divisional round to you? I'd qualify "deep" into the playoffs as the championship game. You said you didn't think this team was ready to get to the PLAYOFFS and then implied Heinicke could get us DEEP into the playoffs... despite the team not being ready in your view and despite, well, Taylor Heinicke. 

I have realized I don't know what deep in the NFL playoffs is, when the minimum you can play and win is three and the maximum is four.  Deep is for sports where you could play over 20 games in the playoffs

and no, I wasn't saying Heinicke could get us there, I was questioning why anyone would actually want to get deep in the playoffs with a bridge QB

24 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Jimmy G hasn't been any better in his other playoff performances. He has 2 TDs and 5 INTs in the postseason. That's pretty awful. Even if you decide to remove the game vs the Packers for some reason (teams sometimes play in cold weather...it happens...but whatever) then he still has only 2 TDs and 4 INTs in 4 postseason games.

The idea that he's anything even close to a reason for their postseason success is laughable.

And that’s with Kittle, Deebo, a pretty dynamic run game, and a proven system that Jimmy’s been in for years now.  I’ll add that with his injury history, and our recent history of qbs getting hurt… I just have trouble seeing the money/trade cost as worth it.  Then to extend him and not draft a 1st round qb?  Man, I’d be so disappointed…

2 minutes ago, MrJL said:

I have realized I don't know what deep in the NFL playoffs is, when the minimum you can play and win is three and the maximum is four.  Deep is for sports where you could play over 20 games in the playoffs

and no, I wasn't saying Heinicke could get us there, I was questioning why anyone would actually want to get deep in the playoffs with a bridge QB

I hear you, but I doubt San Fran fans are complaining…

just sayin’

1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

So we are going to give up draft picks to get a QB, then we are going to give up more draft picks to get Payton?  NO has his rights for the next three seasons.  They aren’t letting him walk for free.

Yep. For any poster here that wants Payton in case Rivera is let go, we can't just hire him. Payton has 3 years left on his deal, so we'd have to give New Orleans draft picks. I guess Payton could negotiate a settlement with them to release him from his obligation, but he isn't a free agent, so to speak.