Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Do we have a list of teams that actually want Watson. 

According to McClain who covers the Texans and has been mostly spot on thus far.  Denver/Carolina/Miami he expects the derby to be.  Maybe Philly.  Those are the teams that poked around in a big way.  But that was before Flores was canned.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, NeverSurrender said:

Roll your eyes if you want but its true.

In your opinion, sure.  But there's no data that speaks to that being a fact so I'm not sure why you say it like it is.  The data suggests Taylor is responsible for the majority of his sacks, which should disqualify the player from being considered 'elite' at pocket awareness.  There are absolutely times where he's shown a high level of awareness and made some exciting plays with his legs.  That's definitely the best part of his game, but elite it is not.

• Like 3
  • Thumb down 1

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

According to McClain who covers the Texans and has been mostly spot on thus far.  Denver/Carolina/Miami he expects the derby to be.  Maybe Philly.  Those are the teams that poked around in a big way.  But that was before Flores was canned.

Denver probably going for Rodgers 

Miami no one knows 

Philadelphia I could see that

Carolina does not have the capital 

Flores is a big wild card will Watson go with him

Are we definitely in on him

17 minutes ago, London Kev said:

I've soured on Heinicke more than most seem to have. I don't see him as a good back up at all, but am more than happy to have him as our 3rd string QB.

I've always been of the belief that you want a backup QB that can at least run the same system as our starter, that way you don't have to roll out a completely new offense in the event of injury. (Kinda like how you want a mobile backup if you offense is predicated on a mobile starter)

If TH is physically capable of running the system we have in place next year w/ whoever our new QB is, we have bigger problems than backup QB. I'd have major questions about the starter.

By the end of this, I'm kinda hoping TH is a 3rd string emergency QB.

Edited by FootballZombie

Just now, Redskins 2021 said:

Denver probably going for Rodgers 

Miami no one knows 

Philadelphia I could see that

Carolina does not have the capital 

Flores is a big wild card will Watson go with him

Are we definitely in on him

Carolina doesn't have the capital in a bidding war.  But they have enough to make a deal.  Their issue is missing their 2nd and third in this draft.  But they can trade, like we did in 2012, their next three first rounders and change which supposely the Texans want.

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Carolina doesn't have the capital in a bidding war.  But they have enough to make a deal.  Their issue is missing their 2nd and third in this draft.  But they can trade, like we did in 2012, their next three first rounders and change which supposely the Texans want.

Other then Miami did he give ok to play anywhere 

Just now, Redskins 2021 said:

Other then Miami did he give ok to play anywhere 

I don't know.  But suppoosedly the story was Flores was a big part of going to Miami and now that he's gone that interest has waned.

The only thing I know according to Keim is he doesn't want to come here.

I know some argue that he should want to come here or he will have no other suitors but I think they are wrong.  I think it would be nuts for him to want to go to the ONLY team in the NFL that would bring more attention to his specific baggage. 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Hopefully this would extend to Wilson too, it would take major cap room to add him

Yeah Wilson would cost right around the same amount this season as Watson would. Though I suppose teams can always find ways of moving money around for cap space. Especially if they were to trade for a guy, give him a new contract, and then find ways to backload a bunch of the money. But that's usually the sort of thing teams that are in "win now" mode do ala the Saints or Packers. That money is going to come back and bite you eventually.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

They should trade CMC, but haven’t they repeatedly said they wouldn’t? Or did I miss a recent report? 

I thought it was the other way. Not sure I guess. Tough to handle both of those contracts.

Just now, FootballZombie said:

You gotta be HOF special to be one of the NFLs most dynamic players from a hospital bed

He's still been more dynamic than Watson lately.

34 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Dominoes here could be quite interesting. Rodgers seems likely to leave Green Bay. For the QB needy teams, the good news is they drafted their heir apparent and will roll with Love for at least 2022.

But Rodgers going to Denver (as rumored) would be good for us. It takes Denver out of contention for QB at #9, and takes them out of the veteran QB market as well.

I know Hurts played his way into and then possibly out of the future job, but I can't see Philly moving on from him too quickly. So maybe for Watson, but can't see that at this point.

Miami is locked in on Tua supposedly, and Flores is gone, so that link is gone too.

That would leave us and Carolina. We have the draft capital and are the better team, and probably the better market. I would think if the choice were between Carolina and DC, he'd come here, but who knows.

If we read the tea-leaves, I would think the Panthers are going QB at #6 ... the Broncos will go hard after Rodgers+Adams ... Giants are out on a veteran QB trade.

Saints are a mess right now, so they're probably going to go into full-rebuild mode and stockpile picks and take a couple years of lumps given their cap situation and lack of head coach.

Eagles, Broncos *could* be set assuming the above and Hurts getting another crack at it in 2022.

Sets up nicely for us and the Panthers being the primary players for QB beyond the above moves so that would mean we could very well get a QB2 at #11 OR we get either Watson or Wilson farly easily.