Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

WFT Fans "this OC sucks"

3 possibly 4 straight OCs go on to become successful HCs

WTF Fans "Turner sucks"

I'm excited to get a good QB in this offense.

They were OCs under offensive minded coaches, Ron is a defensive minded coach

25 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

No. I am saying  just for as bad as Jimmyg played Rodgers was not that much better that day.  Wrong quote my mistake nothing to do with Heinicke.

Bad? In Single-digit temperatures and the snow? 

I find it weird you or others keep discussing that game without mentioning the weather. As if the 13-10 score was totally normal and had nothing to do with it. 

In normal weather the 49ers start the game with a  50+ yard TD to Kittle that Garoppolo put right in his hands. Some of the strongest hands in the game. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

The key point around Trubisky for me is that we were reportedly very close to acquiring him before the trade deadline. No idea if that was substantiated. It seemed more concrete than the links to Carr and Mariota in the previous offseason for example.

Going purely by rumors, mostly Keim, seems like Trubisky is Plan D.  But plan D might end up the most realistic albeit Keim is guessing right now they land on a QB in a trade.

Plan A.  Shoot for the big fishes, Wilson, etc

Plan B shoot for the 2nd tier, Carr is he becomes available

Plan C. Jimmy G.

Plan D -- Trubisky and a rookie.

I'd take that as Rivera is intrigued by Trubisky but certainly circumspect as well. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

yeah, his play calling is predictable at times, but it’s hard to remain unpredictable when the qb you have can’t throw more than 10 yards without rainbowing it. 

im really interested in seeing his offense with a good armed qb that has a little bit of time to know the system. The WRs are open more often than it seems. A strong armed QB gives Diggs one less int this year and Mclaurin at min 50 more yards and a td. 

if he ever gets a qb with a good offense, he’ll be gone in no time. With Ron being defense, everyone will realize the offense is all turner. 

This is extremely conservative, I think you could make a convincing argument that 4-500 yards and 4-5 TD’s were left on the field this year with McLaurin. He’s that good and suffered that much from missed or poorly thrown balls. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mooka said:

Bad? In Single-digit temperatures and the snow? 

I find it weird you or others keep discussing that game without mentioning the weather. As if the 13-10 score was totally normal and had nothing to do with it. 

In normal weather the 49ers start the game with a  50+ yard TD to Kittle that Garoppolo put right in his hands. Some of the strongest hands in the game. 

I think Jimmy g came through in the clutch. He made two great throws on the last drive. I would be ok with him for next year

Edited by Redskins 2021

15 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Yea, Garafolo just also said Dan Quinn appears to be the leading candidate there.  I wonder how he feels about Fields?

Gotta think he's all in with him, right? I mean, I'd give our first for him and they could have a do over, but this QB draft isn't the same.

2 hours ago, Chump Bailey said:

I admire your feelings toward Heinicke zskins. I no longer share the same sentiment you have for him, but it's admirable. I'll just leave it at that.

I am not dying on a hill with Taylor. Let's be clear about that. The only point I was making was pretty simple. Don't bring in Jimmy and pay a higher price for a bridge QB when you have like 3 on the roster. Allen could be one, Fitz hasn't been ruled out yet, Taylor is still there for another year and then we actually have that 4th QB (can't remember his name but he is 30 years old though). 

If you are going to draft a guy and let them sit for just ONE year then I don't see whey you would bring in Jimmy. Also I don't like Jimmy G. anyway. There are other FA QB like Mariota, Jamison, and Turbisky that would make more sense. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, zskins said:

Can he play QB though? lol

I think you meant to post here instead:

Haha, no I meant it in here. But my second part of that thought wasn't fully developed, I retracted it, and forgot that it made the post more relevent in the FA thread.

Second part of that thread was "go get Jameis Winston and draft a QB at #11" ... but then I realized Winston-Thomas was never an actual connection

• Thumb up 1

12 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

My favorite was the constant whining about why Turner isn't regularly cutting the field in half to move the pocket for Heineke and have him throw on the run.  I'm not sure what birthed this theory that Heineke is good at throwing on the run or that rolling him out is his bread and butter, but it was a common complaint by several posters.  As if Scott Turner is a complete asshat that can't unlock the greatness in Heineke, when he's literally the only guy in the league who determined him serviceable enough to put him on a roster.

So I don't think I'm part of that particular peanut gallery. Though I do like the idea of, at times, moving the pocket so the pass rush doesn't know exactly where the QB is going to be all the time.  Keeping this massively short, I have always had a problem with unproductive first down runs when they are stacked on top of each other.  Which Turner seems to do a lot.  Throw on first, run on second a few times a game.  Change it up.  Whatever, that's my nit-pick.  

That has been about my only complaint about Turner.  Though, I generally like him as an OC, and I think with a real NFL caliber QB, he could really flourish.  He's had to deal with Haskins, who didn't study the playbook, Kyle Allen for a hot minute before he got hurt, then Alex Smith on one leg, then Haskins again, then Smith again, then Heineke, then an off-season with Fitz before he got hurt, then Heineke again.  So he's never had anything resembling stability or significant quality at the QB position to work with.  

IF the offense had bogged down the entire season with Fitz, I would have been more critical.  Say what you want about Fitz, he is a proven NFL QB.  TH just doesn't have teh tools to play the position, so Turner had to work around another limited QB this year, after doing so most of last year as well.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

I like this mock draft. :)

Pick

Washington Football Team

SELECTION: Matt Corral, QB

• School: Ole Miss
  • Year: Junior (RS)

It's time for Ron Rivera to get his franchise quarterback. The Ole Miss standout is a prolific playmaker with some dual-threat capabilities.

1 minute ago, Chump Bailey said:

Damn, as much as I like Ron, I'd be rooting for Dan to go get him immediately and do whatever it took if Ron was not already signed.

Payton is set on sitting the year out. If Ron bombs in year 3, Payton would be the obvious top target

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

19 hours ago, mistertim said:

I honestly wonder how much being owned by Snyder would play into a QB's willingness to come here. If I had to guess I'd say a decent amount.

He's widely considered the worst owner in the NFL, not just because he's incompetent, but because he's also a narcissistic asshole who seems completely incapable of realizing that there are things he doesn't know.

Having Ron and getting rid of Bruce and other cancers definitely helps. But I still have a feeling that Snyder directly hampers our efforts to get top talent to want to come here.

I can’t remember the last time a player said something bad about Dan. Bruce? We all know that story. Players trashing the FO? Heard that too. But I haven’t heard anything negative from players about Dan himself. And we know they like Rivera. I don’t think it should be that big an issue.

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Jones on his 2nd appearance on 980.

Says he heard it might not be Denver for Rodgers but instead Pittsburgh, Indy, Saints (cap situation though could hold it up), Raiders.

Oddly Travis Thomas doesn't ask him about the QB situation here and instead asks him about the name

Realistically only one of those that makes sense from a football perspective is Indy but they don’t have the ammo. I can’t see Rodgers wanting to go to Pitt and have to go through the gauntlet that is the AFC north. Ditto for Vegas/ Denver with the AFC west. Saints don’t have any cap space nor weapons outside of Kamara. Seen people vastly overrating Carolina’s weapons. Yes they have Dj Moore and CMC but cmc is constantly hurt and they don’t have much past that. Miami could be possibility but then you are dealing with New England and Buffalo. I’ve also seen he’s going to want to try and bring Adams with him which means a team is going to have cap space for both Rodgers and Adams. 
That being said from a purely football perspective I feel like we are just as attractive if not more so than others. For one the media and our fans vastly underrate this roster. This team just won 7 games with TH at qb, more than half its opening day starters on IR, multiple tragedies happening to major players, Covid issues, and playing 9 games against 8 playoff teams. The roster is a lot closer with less holes than people think. We have the capital to go get Rodgers plus cap space to go after Adams. We have a top 10 o line. A pretty good running game a good WR looking to take a Cooper kupp level jump with a qb. A defense that started playing up to expectations after the early season debacle. Main competition is Dallas who will be over the cap and have 20 some odd UFAs. Washington is a huge market and think of Dan what you will but he’s been very good at selling people on coming here so don’t doubt that ability to charm Rodgers if given the chance. It’s also been reported that Rodgers has a ton of respect for Ron. The medias opinion of things does not always match reality.