Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

3 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Regarding Wilson:  we have a good oline.  But so does Indy.  But, if you are Wilson, would you rather play in the NFC or AFC if your goal is to return to the Super Bowl?

The key to any of these Qb will be the huge contract they get after they are traded to us.

Edited by Redskins 2021

4 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Regarding Wilson:  we have a good oline.  But so does Indy.  But, if you are Wilson, would you rather play in the NFC or AFC if your goal is to return to the Super Bowl?

Considering the AFC has an enormous amount of young talent - Allen, Mahomes, Lamar, Burrow, Herbert, etc. that are always going to have their teams "up there", you'd think he'd prefer the NFC.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I dont know if we get one of big 3 although, if we do I think it will be Rodgers. 3 first rounders and a player. He get 3 year deal highest paid player in league that's only way he agrees.

I want with Rodgers or Watson, but for 3 first rounders? If they have to do it, go ahead, but I really don’t want to give up that much.

Just now, No Nonsense said:

I want with Rodgers or Watson, but for 3 first rounders? If they have to do it, go ahead, but I really don’t want to give up that much.

I'd give that up for Wilson but not Rodgers, purely because of age. I'd do 2 for Rodgers. I think 3 1sts for a 38 year old QB (even though he is a future HoFer) might be a tough sell. But if there's a huge market and a bidding war, then the market will decide the price.

How much they could get for Rodgers may also probably depend on whether Wilson or others are on the trade block as well.

Just now, mistertim said:

I'd give that up for Wilson but not Rodgers, purely because of age. I'd do 2 for Rodgers. I think 3 1sts for a 38 year old QB (even though he is a future HoFer) might be a tough sell. But if there's a huge market and a bidding war, then the market will decide the price.

How much they could get for Rodgers may also probably depend on whether Wilson or others are on the trade block as well.

I would not want to give up 3 first rounders for Wilson either because I think he might be on the downside. Like you said, Rodgers is too old to give up 3 first for. Assuming his issues are cleared up, Watson is the only one I’d give up 3 first for, because of his age and he’s got many prime years left. 

As hard as that pill is to swallow and Wilson gets a passing medical grade from us, I'd give up the 3 1st rounders personally. Wilson changes everything for me and Wilson and Terry could set the league on fire with that deep ball of his.

Edited by Chump Bailey
  • Like 2

Here’s kind of a different take on this “how do you fix the qb” question.

Everybody wants the next Majomes/Brady/Allen/etc but would they even be the player that they are if they are dumped into this ****hole?  

Do the Skins even have a coach on staff that has the vision/ability to develop a elite QB?

Or, do we have a coaching staff that can work around a QB’s shortcoming and still make the team successful a la 49ers w Jimmy G?

If so, who is that?  If not, who is out there w that particular skill set?

5 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

As hard as that pill is to swallow and Wilson gets a passing medical grade from us, I'd give up the 3 1st rounders personally. Wilson changes everything for me and Wilson and Terry could set the league on fire with that deep ball of his.

I would go all in on Wilson too at this stage. 4/5 year deal, look to draft a QB toward the end of his contract when we have a first rounder again...:ols:

I’ve just watched highlights of both games from yesterday. I mean. Several QBs in the playoffs you simply could not trade for. I said this the other day, every pick in the next 3 drafts would get laughed at by front offices for some on the elite QBs. They are untouchable in a trade sense. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

15 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I would go all in on Wilson too at this stage. 4/5 year deal, look to draft a QB toward the end of his contract when we have a first rounder again...:ols:

I’ve just watched highlights of both games from yesterday. I mean. Several QBs in the playoffs you simply could not trade for. I said this the other day, every pick in the next 3 drafts would get laughed at by front offices for some on the elite QBs. They are untouchable in a trade sense. 

What the Rams gave up for Stafford is starting to look like a bargain.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Agree. It does help when the QB really wants to sign with a specific team though like he did. That’s probably a bit of a problem for us....

Yup, our #1 problem is no one of super caliber value wants to come here.......

3 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

We hear that a lot. Have that ever been proven? I hear we were very close to getting Stafford until LA added another pick. 

Edited by No Nonsense

I'd just like to go on record that I don't care about the costs, what we have to give up, etc.  

I've had my fill of watching incredibly subpar QB play for this team.  The likelihood we ever win a Super Bowl is low even with an elite QB.  I just want to watch some decent football - if that means sending a few firsts to Seattle for Russell Wilson, so be it.

1 minute ago, No Nonsense said:

We hear that a lot. Have that ever been proven? I hear we were very close to getting Stafford until LA added another pick. 

Our history clearly shows that when people do come here,  they are already either 1)  At the end of their careers and are close to retirement,  2) Looking to get paid without major contributing,  3) No other team wants them  or it could be a combination of all those three things.  

4 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

Our history clearly shows that when people do come here,  they are already either 1)  At the end of their careers and are close to retirement,  2) Looking to get paid without major contributing,  3) No other team wants them  or it could be a combination of all those three things.  

Let’s be real, guys in their prime, especially QB’s, usually don’t hit the open market. And it almost have to be the perfect storm to trade for a star. You have to have cap space and assets. We definitely have the cap space, but other teams have more assets. 

3 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

Let’s be real, guys in their prime, especially QB’s, usually don’t hit the open market. And it almost have to be the perfect storm to trade for a star. You have to have cap space and assets. We definitely have the cap space, but other teams have more assets. 

I wonder if that's true anymore? Mind you, not all were open market, but Cousins, Stafford, Brady, and now Wilson, Rodgers, and Watson just in recent years are hitting the open/trade market. There are probably others that I'm missing.

And yeah... I'm including Brady as in his prime given the way he played the past two years.

23 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

I don't know about this either. Historically, Snyder was incredible at collecting "name" players. I don't know that you're wrong though. It may be true today. It certainly wasn't true yesterday.