Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randal 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Fromm battle for QB2 and so begins the Handsome Harem for Hartman

Koolblue13

37 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Here's another photo from the same game, just a different angle.

Thanks for posting the pic. It makes it clear that he had an issue that day.

Which game was it?

I want to add that to my list of games to rewatch before the draft.

TIA

5 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

I'm going there in about a month.

Figured Kings Dominion would serve as a nice warmup. Prepare the body for the catastrophic violence to come.

I think I put in 4 miles today which should be equivalent to DW's parking lot.

I'm pretty confident I can make it thru tho. Not even gonna stretch first. I'm confident in my ability to not waste money.

too-tired-to-9i0rfv.jpg.3cff61456a7cb235d30924b27728993e.jpg

my daughter is dragging me right now to the third park of the day while the rest of my clan is back at the hotel. Exhausting indeed.

draft talk podcasts is keeping my energy fueled but my energy is almost spent. Need a vacation to recover from this vacation 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, Llevron said:

Oh, this was already posted. Here is Kurt Warner going over the Alabama game for Daniels. Not a good game for him. 

OK, at first I thought the elbow thing was just some sort of weird photo editing issue, but that is the second image I've seen where it looks ****ed up.  Truly, what is going on with his elbow?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Neither roller coaster nor bumper cars can get my heart pounding these days. That stuff's for wimps.

This is the ride I want to try next...

"THE MOST DANGEROUS RIDE EVER"

Eh, I just have sex with the Mrs., all of that back action. Sheesh!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

my daughter is dragging me right now to the third park of the day while the rest of my clan is back at the hotel. Exhausting indeed.

draft talk podcasts is keeping my energy fueled but my energy is almost spent. Need a vacation to recover from this vacation 

My 100% guaranteed bailout button is to draw the line at 9 dollars and fight the churro guy.

They are very understanding and want to go home as well.

Unless a lady is working the stall. Then your screwed.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Neither roller coaster nor bumper cars can get my heart pounding these days. That stuff's for wimps.

This is the ride I want to try next...

"THE MOST DANGEROUS RIDE EVER"

Crazy.  There was a day about 45 years ago.  Not no more.  :ols:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

OK, at first I thought the elbow thing was just some sort of weird photo editing issue, but that is the second image I've seen where it looks ****ed up.  Truly, what is going on with his elbow?

The Cliff note version:

1. What?: Inflammation of bursa sack in elbow

2. Why?: Due to impact or act of god.

3. How bad is it?: Minimal badness. Looks worse than it feels. No long term concerns. No worries.

4. Impact on throwing?: Nope. Just looks heinous. 

5. Future outlook?: Play ball!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

I know, it's a weirdly perfect summary of their "brand."

How come no one wants to make the comparison between Justin Fields and Jayden Daniels?

Why would they? They played in 2 totally different systems in college, they have totally different throwing motions and mechanics. What is there to compare besides they both can run? 

• Thanks 1

Seems like it could be more than some are reporting if luck goes against him.

If your bursitis does not go away after 6-12 months, your doctor may recommend surgery to repair damage and relieve pressure on your bursa. If your elbow bursitis was caused by constant, repetitive overuse – such as playing tennis or golf – consider modifying its frequency and the way you perform the activity

• Like 1

People have completely overrated or just have amnesia when it comes to Fields in college. In nearly 2 seasons he ran for over 100 yards in a game only twice. 

Fields in 2019 - 471 yards, 10 TDs (full season)

Fields in 2020 - 383 yards, 5 TDs (in 8 games)

Daniels in 2022 - 818 yards, 11 TDs

Daniels in 2023 - 1,134 yards, 10 TDs

Fields is more like Allen as a runner. He's going to help you when you get close to the endzone or need to pick up a first down but he was never some super speedy proficient runner in terms of yardage nor was he someone whose legs teams had to account for or play differently because of. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Thanks for posting the pic. It makes it clear that he had an issue that day.

Which game was it?

I want to add that to my list of games to rewatch before the draft.

TIA

I *think* it was the Army game on 10/21/23. 

Regardless, we've probably given it way more attention than it deserves. As the 'diagnosing' doctor said, it's nothing more than a visual oddity. Not an issue.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/jayden-daniels-elbow-lsu-quarterback-nfl-draft-2024/bc05b709e4a09baeb234c79f

I also think we run the risk of Jayden Daniels' mom appearing at our door in the middle of the night if we keep talking about it. 😬

Edited by Dah-Dee
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mistertim said:

His running truly is impressive, but his lack of anticipation on throws is concerning. Some of those would have been interceptions in the NFL instead of incompletions. DBs will jump those routes all day long if you wait until the receiver is open when it's a pass that should be thrown before he breaks.

Also pulling his eyes down so fast and running instead of looking for a receiver downfield. Yes, it worked out for him, but it still exposes him to more hits and many times leaves bigger plays on the field.

Yeah, it was a good breakdown.  Liked a lot of the ball placement, but you’re absolutely right about pulling the trigger earlier (on the comeback routes in particular).  Seems to me those should be some of the easiest to throw with anticipation - you’re only having to worry about the corner’s depth, vs a backer or safety bracketing - and the fact he’s doing that (multiple times in the same game) in his 5th year… that concerns me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThatNFLChick said:

People have completely overrated or just have amnesia when it comes to Fields in college. In nearly 2 seasons he ran for over 100 yards in a game only twice. 

Bah gawd, that's Stone Cold Steve Austin's Drake Maye's music Statline

Year School             Conf Class Pos G Att Yds Avg TD Rec Yds Avg TD Plays Yds Avg TD

*2022 North Carolina ACC FR       14 184 698 3.8   7       0  0                0      184 698 3.8 7
*2023 North Carolina ACC JR QB 12 112 449 4.0 9 0 0   0 112 449 4.0 9

6 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Yeah, it was a good breakdown.  Liked a lot of the ball placement, but you’re absolutely right about pulling the trigger earlier (on the comeback routes in particular).  Seems to me those should be some of the easiest to throw with anticipation - you’re only having to worry about the corner’s depth, vs a backer or safety bracketing - and the fact he’s doing that (multiple times in the same game) in his 5th year… that concerns me.

Yeah I think the deep outs are the hardest to throw accurately with lots of anticipation because there are so many variables you have to take into account. One of the reasons those are considered to be the big boy NFL level throws that scouts tend to look for. The comebacks are more straightforward, as long as you know the depth your receiver is running and how far the DB is off of him.

That's one of the things I like about Maye. I've seen him throw many of those out breaking routes, including deep, with anticipation. I remember one in particular that was actually in a youtube breakdown video someone posted recently. The guy doing the breakdown noted that Maye saw that heat was coming and that his guy running the deep out would be open, but he'd have to get the ball out really early. So he took the snap and the ball was legit out of his hands almost two full seconds before the WR made his break. It was so early that Maye appeared to intentionally take a little heat off of it so it would have time to get there. It was an absolute dime. Hit the receiver in the hands right on the sideline.

That's not to say that Maye doesn't have issues that need to be fixed. He absolutely does. But IMO being able to make those kinds of throws pretty consistently already is a pretty huge leg up for him, especially being as young as he is.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, WashingtonRedWolves said:

There is some serious buzz and hype out there pushing mccarthy up to us at the #2 pick. Yeesh

If i had to pick one common theme from multiple media sources I trust is we are not taking McCarthy

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

The Cliff note version:

1. What?: Inflammation of bursa sack in elbow

2. Why?: Due to impact or act of god.

3. How bad is it?: Minimal badness. Looks worse than it feels. No long term concerns. No worries.

4. Impact on throwing?: Nope. Just looks heinous. 

5. Future outlook?: Play ball!

5. Future outlook?: Play ball! Get Paid! Amputate

Thats some district 9 alien **** growing on him

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Daniels in 2022 - 818 yards, 11 TDs

Daniels in 2023 - 1,134 yards, 10 TDs

Fields is more like Allen as a runner. He's going to help you when you get close to the endzone or need to pick up a first down but he was never some super speedy proficient runner in terms of yardage nor was he someone whose legs teams had to account for or play differently because of. 

You have to be kidding me. 

He may not have been used as much as runner in College but he’s elite as runner. Elite.

There are three QBs who have run for 1k in a season in the NFL. Vick, Jackson and Fields. That’s the list. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WashingtonRedWolves said:

There is some serious buzz and hype out there pushing mccarthy up to us at the #2 pick. Yeesh

Yeah I was watching one channel and they aired a segment where some talking head was saying the Commanders really love him...

So I switch channels a bit later and two guys are arguing over whether  we take Daniels or McCarthy, as if Maye isn't even an option...

So I say **** it I'm gonna rest my eyes for a bit and I turn the TV off and put Sirius on Alexa and tune into some announcer who says "Next up after the break who will draft JJ McCarthy. You'll be surprised by our guests answer...

No I won't!

So I tune to Sirius channel 148 Radio Classics, to listen to a good old fashioned radio drama and relax.

Dan Quinn wants a puppy for Christmas:

https://www.essentiallysports.com/nfl-active-news-dan-quinn-demands-a-relentless-dog-as-washington-commanders-next-qb-amid-jayden-daniels-drake-maye-decision/

Dan Quinn Demands a ‘Relentless Dog’ as Washington Commanders’ Next QB Amid Jayden Daniels & Drake Maye Decision

Published 03/29/2024, 3:25 PM EDT
Edited by Dah-Dee
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Yeah I was watching one channel and they aired a segment where some talking head was saying the Commanders really love him...

So I switch channels a bit later and two guys are arguing over whether  we take Daniels or McCarthy, as if Maye isn't even an option...

So I say **** it I'm gonna rest my eyes for a bit and I turn the TV off and put Sirius on Alexa and tune into some announcer who says "Next up after the break who will draft JJ McCarthy. You'll be surprised by our guests answer...

No I won't!

So I tune to Sirius channel 148 Radio Classics, to listen to a good old fashioned radio drama and relax.

Turns out, all those people are just Jim Harbaugh in different wigs and doing different voices.

• Haha 6