Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at The ATL Birds That Need A Bath Team

TK
Message added by TK,

1375467994_ScreenShot2021-10-03at4_25_38PM.thumb.png.d8354ef598aff9fab283fcbf28b084e4.png

Just now, Warhead36 said:

I mean the offense is doing its thing. 13 points in a half is pretty good. 

Only thing thats certain is the this team is not good on either side of the ball,and considering Atlanta is supposedly the weakest team on the schedule the WFT is in bad shape as a team.

1 minute ago, Chris 44 said:

Only thing thats certain is the this team is not good on either side of the ball,and considering Atlanta is supposedly the weakest team on the schedule the WFT is in bad shape as a team.

The offense isnt great but is about as good as you can expect all things considered.

The defense is somehow in the argument for league worst. 

5 minutes ago, GOATFrerotte said:

I just wanted to see a team that was couple notches better than the Falcons. Even if we grind out this win this is embarrassing. Sad to see we’re pretty much in the same tier as the Giants and Falcons. Thought we’d be better to be honest.

There is absolutely no reason to have confidence with this team even if they win this game. 

Honestly, for me at this stage of my fandom. I don’t care about the wins. I want to see competent play and continuous improvement. 

Unfortunately, we just can’t sustain success. Every year is a reset with nothing to build upon from the previous year.

Groundhog Day with this damn team. This team needs two back to back 10+ win seasons and playoff births for me to even get legitimately excited.

Absolutely agree with you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brother Redskin said:

from 2nd best defense last year to 2nd worst D this year. Hard to figure how they can drop off that much. I mean were R. Darby and R.Kerrigan that important?

Darby maybe.  Kerrigan no.

Just now, Daniel.redskins said:

Jay Gruden's team played better defense.  Yes I just said that.  

No they didn’t.  As bad, but not better.

And not better than last year. 

10 minutes ago, Drock_VB said:

I see the logic here.  And he’d probably go on to be a HOF player on another team. 

No he wouldn’t.  And the book is out on him, no team would give up more than a late 1st for him. Opponents are now pretty much leaving their tackles on one one with him.  They are also running at him.  Pretty sure the Giants are happy they dodged a bullet.  

1 minute ago, Brother Redskin said:

from 2nd best defense last year to 2nd worst D this year. Hard to figure how they can drop off that much. I mean were R. Darby and R.Kerrigan that important?

I'm hanging this on JDR. We have talent on this defense with a few holes that need to be addressed. But to witness this type of collapse just a season later is more often than not the coaches.