Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Injury Report Week 4

TK

also reported: serious injuries to the mental and emotional health of the entire starting lineup of es'ers

rehab will likely involve lifelong rebrand and rebuild exercises with appropriate dosages of alcohol and marijuana

hos.jpg

• Haha 14

I’m a big fan of AG but we need to draft a running back next year. While he is built like a NFL running back, his body isn’t able to take the pounding of 20 carries plus a game. To me he still hasn’t developed the small nuances of being a running back like getting the extra yard or two when going down. To me he should be more of an X factor player, occasionally runs and pass catching. 

We need that bruising stud in the backfield which we don’t have this year. I also think JD plays more snaps over the rest of the season. Crossing fingers he stays healthy. 

• Like 2

Stress fracture...dude playing with a stress fracture to the shin as a running back is definitely 'Manning Up!' Getting hit again, in a spot on the shin with a deep bone bruise throws severe pain though your entire leg.  It's no joke. Doesn't have any real issue with running though.

What is a shin contusion?  Blunt trauma trauma injury aka a bruise.

What is a bone bruise?  Blunt trauma injury where a hit comes square to the bone, but the bone doesn't break and sustains a contusion or bruise. 

What is a stress fracture to the shin?  Deep bone bruise from a blunt trauma injury that was strong enough to manufacture a small crack in the surface of the bone, aka a bad bone bruise just strong enough to form a small crack usually more than one. 

What does this mean for AG and playing foosball? It means he's got a deep bone bruise that is pretty damn painful.  If he takes a hit on the shin, he'll feel it through his entire leg.  It's also kind of a weak spot, but shouldn't be an issue for running, but it's a huge deal when getting hit! 

Healing time...yeah it's not healing anytime soon. Specifically if he continues to play, then he has to get lucky and not take a hit on the shin.  It's not going to break his leg in half, it's going to hurt like a MF'er!

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Great. Now that walking injury is hurting two positions. 

Not quite how I would put it. He looked pretty good in the game last week. I know they are keeping him out of practices but I believe that's mostly precautionary. Also, my guess is he would RB3 anyway. I would be surprised if he got more than 5 to 10 touches at RB. But he has had some success at tat position. So fingers crossed - hope he does well. 

30 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Not quite how I would put it. He looked pretty good in the game last week. I know they are keeping him out of practices but I believe that's mostly precautionary. Also, my guess is he would RB3 anyway. I would be surprised if he got more than 5 to 10 touches at RB. But he has had some success at tat position. So fingers crossed - hope he does well. 

He's incredible when he's on the field. Let's hope he can keep it together. We really need him.

• Like 1

Gibson is going to be severely limited if he continues to play at all.  McKissic and Patterson are going to have to carry a HUGE load of the course of the regular season.  Turner is going to have to be creative tomorrow and going forward given amount of injuries on the offensive side of the ball. 

• Sad 1