Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All things defense

ThomasRoane

27 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

We should wait until the offseason to help build his value since he's turning it around if we are serious about trading him. Damn if another team puts him at linebacker and he becomes an all-pro again. 😑

Only WFT would think Collins would have trade value after a couple games of not embarrassing himself. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Last season we gave up 21 Passing TD's all season.

This year, in just the first 8 games, or half the games of the above, we've already given up 20.

What is different about our secondary this year ?

Moreland ? Reaves ? Darby ?

We played a bunch of backup QBs last year.

26 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

We played a bunch of backup QBs last year.

Remember that, for a very long time and up until very recently, a lot of fans would say, and with quite a bit of truth to this, that our defenses would make other teams' backups look like Joe Montana ?

So, last season, was surely an accomplishment and an upgrade from what we've had.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Scherff should be on the market too but I'm guessing his injury makes him hard to move.

It’s not just the injury. We will get a 3rd round compensatory pick for him in the 2023 draft if he walks in free agency. That’s probably greater compensation than anyone is willing to give for a guy who has been hit with the franchise tag twice. Not trading him, however, limits our ability to do much in free agency. If we spend too much we lose the compensatory pick. 

35 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

It’s not just the injury. We will get a 3rd round compensatory pick for him in the 2023 draft if he walks in free agency. That’s probably greater compensation than anyone is willing to give for a guy who has been hit with the franchise tag twice. Not trading him, however, limits our ability to do much in free agency. If we spend too much we lose the compensatory pick. 

WFT only gets a comp pick if they dont plan to bring in any high profile FAs as it will cancel out any comp picks... the way this roster is shaping up they need to bring anyone and everyone with a heartbeat to make this team competitive 

Just now, oraphus said:

WFT only gets a comp pick if they dont plan to bring in any high profile FAs as it will cancel out any comp picks... the way this roster is shaping up they need to bring anyone and everyone with a heartbeat to make this team competitive 

I don't think there will be any big splashes in early free agency. The big splash will be trading for a QB and we will overpay to do it. 

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Last season we gave up 21 Passing TD's all season.

This year, in just the first 8 games, or half the games of the above, we've already given up 20.

What is different about our secondary this year ?

Moreland ? Reaves ? Darby ?

Did you notice how close Denver backs played to the LOS. Maybe 5 yards if that...then look at us...at the 1st down marker as IF we will drop the player at contact..WTF??? Receivers releasing untouched..I just don't get it..

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

I don't think there will be any big splashes in early free agency. The big splash will be trading for a QB and we will overpay to do it. 

This wouldn't shock me.  At some point we have to be conscious of our cap space for re-signing players and having a QB worth a damn taking a chunk of it.

On 11/1/2021 at 8:00 AM, Koolblue13 said:

He was my #1 FA want and I could have cried when they tagged him.  :ols:

I was at the game... Simmons live is clearly the best player on the field. 

Dude is awesome and the Bronco fans love him.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

Did you notice how close Denver backs played to the LOS. Maybe 5 yards if that...then look at us...at the 1st down marker as IF we will drop the player at contact..WTF??? Receivers releasing untouched..I just don't get it..

Denver knew that once receivers were beyond 10 yards then any ball thrown was going to be a lame duck up for grabs. They were actually encouraging it.

• Like 2