Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All things defense

ThomasRoane

2 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I'm not sure I understand your reaction KB13?

I am legitimately concerned for Chase Young's health at this point.

I truly hope I am wrong and he ends up playing like a beast next week and never looks back but it seems to me that the available current evidence leads to a reasonable conclusion that there is a far larger issue with his recovery than initially anticipated.

I am simply proposing doing whatever it takes to get him healthy before putting him on the field again and risking greater damage to his knee and confidence.

Even if we have to shut him down for the rest of the year or, as a worst case alternative, explore further surgical options. The most important thing is doing what benefits Chase for the long term.

Admittedly, this is just my opinion as a non-professional with no access to his medical condition beyond what I can divine from the media.

You may, and apparently do, disagree with my assessment/(speculation), as is your right.

I just don't think it's fair to call me "low" for expressing my concerns but perhaps I am missing something essential in your criticism that you can enlighten me on. 

I mean I get your point, but everyone in the world knew the Comb wasn't ever gonna play except Vinny and Dan. Chase was gonna be a star and now if he ends up on that level, he'll be considered an enormous bust. I'm not banging you for the comment, but damn that would really suck for Chase.

• Thumb up 1

25 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I mean I get your point, but everyone in the world knew the Comb wasn't ever gonna play except Vinny and Dan. Chase was gonna be a star and now if he ends up on that level, he'll be considered an enormous bust. I'm not banging you for the comment, but damn that would really suck for Chase.

I understand your reaction better now. It was more about the situation itself than against me personally.

That's cool. I get it. I just wanted to make sure that nothing I said lowered your opinion of me as I value our acquaintanceship and appreciate your valuable contributions to the forum.

I agree that it would definitely suck and personally it would hurt, because I was so excited to draft what I hoped was a truly generational player.

But he still might well become one. It just looks like it's going to take a little longer than I expected.

I'm far from giving up hope that he gets there.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

. Same thing goes with Mathis. I wasn't a big fan of his but he was the last DT taken until Travis Jones in the third and I'm guessing they thought there was a dropoff in play. 

I don't know if there was a huge dropoff from Mathias to Jones, but we picked at 47 and not again until 98.    I think the the FO understood both Mathias and Jones would be gone by 98.  I think it was a little bit of a surprise Jones lasted until 76 (another one of those Raven picks people loved).  So even if we only liked Mathias a bit more than Jones trading down into say the mid 60's was dangerous because there was a possibility both Mathias and Jones could be gone by then.  With hindsight the draft is always easier because you know where guys  went, so it easy to say we could have traded all the way back into the early 70s and got Travis Jones, but in real time that would have been a really ify proposition if we say had Mathias and Jones in one tier than a large dropoff.

13 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I'm starting to get Malcolm Kelly type vibes, heaven forbid.

They may just need to shut him down, if it's that bad, and give him the off season to heal or worst case scenario consider additional surgery. 😔

I think its too early for that.  Chase can play.  This is the organization trying to do things right and waiting for him to be mentally ready before they put him out.  There physical tests are indicating his knee is ready.  Both Chase doesn't have the confidence yet to do certain things.

The staff gained some of my trust with how they handled Curtis Samuel this training.  They made a plan everybody made fun of because it seemed he was practicing every other day.  People were like if he has to take every other day off he is never going to be able to make it through the season.  But the plan worked.  So for now I am trusting they just want to handle Chase Young right.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

We have to find a way to keep Allen and Payne together. 

I think it's clear we shouldn't be cute with the cap, you pay good players. Payne deserves money. And Sweat has bought into the scheme and also deserves money.

Unfortunately we don't have a QB, but good news...that gives us boatloads of cap space to play with!

1 hour ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

I think it's clear we shouldn't be cute with the cap, you pay good players. Payne deserves money. And Sweat has bought into the scheme and also deserves money.

Unfortunately we don't have a QB, but good news...that gives us boatloads of cap space to play with!

Na according to people on here there is a rule where you can't pay too many good players at the same position. /s

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Remember that one OL we had in the Zorn era who was just absolutely awful? I forgot his name. Might have been Stephon Heyer.

Kenyon Green was somehow worse.

I feel bad for the kid. He's had a great year too and totally justified his draft spot. Probably would have been better for us than Dot.

Allen and Payne and our line is just ****ing absurdly good right now.

2 minutes ago, dyst said:

Allen, Payne, Sweat, Kurl, St. Juste and Forrest are a nucleus you try to keep. Young too simply based on his rookie year.

I’m loving what Davis has been putting together as well.  We’re a sleeping giant defensively.  CY being as advertised and cole Holcombs returning will have us turning lots of heads…and rightfully so.  

we’re watching in real time the “it clicked” phase of our young wolves.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

We have to find a way to keep Allen and Payne together. 

I mean Payne is just making a serious camPayne  for us just outright keeping him. He doesn't miss games. He's productive as hell, he's still young. I get the norm is spending your money on the QB position but why not us, switch things up and just make our most expensive players the Dline.. Throw a few bucks at the offense but the money goes where the talent is, not where you hope it is..

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

"Washington had five sacks on the night -- one from Daron Payne, and two apiece to Jonathan Allen and Montez Sweat. With those takedowns, all three of those players now have six-plus sacks, making Washington one of only three teams to have three players with at least six sacks (Dallas and Tennessee are the others). Over the first five weeks of the season, the Commanders defense was surrendering 25.6 points and 345.6 yards per game and had only one takeaway, but since Week 6 those numbers have gone down to 15.8 points and 276.7 yards with 12 takeaways, showing the improvement in the unit."

https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-nfl-season-week-11-what-we-learned-from-sunday-s-games

• Like 2