Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Attendance

SkinsFan_07

10 minutes ago, GOSKINS_08 said:

I was at the game today. Definitely a lot more crowded than I expected and it was actually a nice home field for a change. Hopefully that continues.

Home field is a real thing, I remember thinking in the 2000’s that some of those wins during Gibbs II were players feeding off the energy when I was in attendance. Those teams really weren’t all that talented, but found a way to eek out some close wins. Hope it continues!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, hail2skins said:

I had discounted the pandemic's effects last season, but its possible that it being more of a concern for people in 2021 impacted attendance.

It'll be interesting to see if they can sustain this going forward. I bet we do have a good amount of Philly fans here in two weeks. The Titans game in early Oct will be interesting.

Philly game is almost sold out so I expect Philly fans the question is going to be if we get the type of crowd we got today. If we do they won’t overwhelm us like normal 

3 hours ago, tomwvr said:

Yep 

i was there with free suite tickets from my work. The new Redzone parking got me out in 5 mins and was home in an hour and 20 mins. And I live in Mt Airy Md

Yup I chose redzone as my parking with my club tickets and that’s a large reason why. I live in Yorktown normal I wouldn’t get home till 10-11 at night was home by 8:25 

I jus wanna add that I feel like the effort is clearly there from the other DC franchises in how they support each other and reaching out to support the Commanders. But it doesn't feel returned equally.   

Has it gotten better lately, sure, but that's insane for no one to bat an eye at Ovi coming to our opener with the old name given what we went through and a player considering what we went thought with him.  I don't expect Ovi to know that as well as wr do, but someone shoulda said something to him before that happened, because he's clearly trying to show support by showing up like that.

Give him a #8 Ovi Commanders jersey yesterday...

I think it's not just about winning when it comes to attendance. You have to have a good and exciting offense that puts up points. Just slogging through 13-10 wins isn't enough. Scoring 4 TD's through the air, that's how you get people salivating. Having a QB that can complete those throws, that's how you do it. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, CobraCommander said:

I think it's not just about winning when it comes to attendance. You have to have a good and exciting offense that puts up points. Just slogging through 13-10 wins isn't enough. Scoring 4 TD's through the air, that's how you get people salivating. Having a QB that can complete those throws, that's how you do it. 

A good offense is very entertaining, but fans don’t care as long as you win. Give us a dominant D that get after the QB and we’re winning, FedEx will be packed. 

13 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I jus wanna add that I feel like the effort is clearly there from the other DC franchises in how they support each other and reaching out to support the Commanders. But it doesn't feel returned equally.   

Has it gotten better lately, sure, but that's insane for no one to bat an eye at Ovi coming to our opener with the old name given what we went through and a player considering what we went thought with him.  I don't expect Ovi to know that as well as wr do, but someone shoulda said something to him before that happened, because he's clearly trying to show support by showing up like that.

Give him a #8 Ovi Commanders jersey yesterday...

Yeah for real. Dude is the GOAT of D.C. sports. He should be gifted a custom Commanders #8 Ovi jersey. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah for real. Dude is the GOAT of D.C. sports. He should be gifted a custom Commanders #8 Ovi jersey. 

I mean, people seem to be assuming he even wants to support the new name….maybe he liked the old name better (like many people here). plus he just returned to the states late last week, maybe there just simply wasn’t time to get a commanders jersey to him prior to yesterday, since he’s kinda busy himself getting ready for caps training camp. 

Im just saying, plenty of possible explanations why he didn’t have a customized commanders ovi jersey. For all we know, he stopped by the team store yesterday.

(what about this post deserves a negative reaction? What I said is PERFECTLY fair. But, why not use me as a punching bag……..whatever……………)

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Thumb down 1

32 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I mean, people seem to be assuming he even wants to support the new name….maybe he liked the old name better (like many people here). 

I just moved into a new house and while unpacking stuff that had been in boxes for "a while" I found a new with the tags still on it Redskins winter coat that somebody bought for me over a decade ago so I definitely won't be buying any Durrmanders gear either. :headbang:

10 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I mean, people seem to be assuming he even wants to support the new name….maybe he liked the old name better (like many people here). plus he just returned to the states late last week, maybe there just simply wasn’t time to get a commanders jersey to him prior to yesterday, since he’s kinda busy himself getting ready for caps training camp. 

Im just saying, plenty of possible explanations why he didn’t have a customized commanders ovi jersey. For all we know, he stopped by the team store yesterday.

Comes across as another apologist post...

You have to be living under a rock to be that deep in the DC sports world to not at least know that the Cousins era ended about as badly as it could here.

If you want to make a case Ovi was paying more attention to the other Leonsis teams given they are far more open about supporting each other, I'd be shocked if he didn't hear about how mad the Wizards players were that Cousins accepted a jersey from the San Antonio Spurs of all teams while he was still a QB for the the Redskins.

But it is possible Ovi jus wanted to show some love for us and didn't know the deeps of all that, that is possible, that could be true.

What is definetly true is he's the best Athelete in DC history, has won a championship here, we changed our name to Commanders nearly 7 months ago, and away from Redskins nearly 3 years ago.

If the Spurs from another city and state nearly 1600 miles away can get can get Cousins a custom jersey, why the hell can't we get Ovi one?

10 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

(what about this post deserves a negative reaction? What I said is PERFECTLY fair. But, why not use me as a punching bag……..whatever……………)

Wah wah wah...jus tag me in the post so I don't miss the opportunity to clarify if you really want to know...

14 hours ago, CobraCommander said:

It is about more than winning, but winning is the most important thing. 

Besides we haven’t won in a long time, the stadium is what keeps me away.

1. it’s in a crappy area and crappy location. 
2. the stadium itself sucks i see the game better, get better food, better beer, better bathroom, etc. at home 

3. the fans just suck…it’s miserable to watch a game live with most of this fan base, and usually you are sitting next to some opposing fan getting **** on, verbally assaulted, etc. 

Improving the stadium and game day experience would do a ton for getting people back, and obviously winning 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Comes across as another apologist post...

You have to be living under a rock to be that deep in the DC sports world to not at least know that the Cousins era ended about as badly as it could here.

If you want to make a case Ovi was paying more attention to the other Leonsis teams given they are far more open about supporting each other, I'd be shocked if he didn't hear about how mad the Wizards players were that Cousins accepted a jersey from the San Antonio Spurs of all teams while he was still a QB for the the Redskins.

But it is possible Ovi jus wanted to show some love for us and didn't know the deeps of all that, that is possible, that could be true.

What is definetly true is he's the best Athelete in DC history, has won a championship here, we changed our name to Commanders nearly 7 months ago, and away from Redskins nearly 3 years ago.

If the Spurs from another city and state nearly 1600 miles away can get can get Cousins a custom jersey, why the hell can't we get Ovi one?

Wah wah wah...jus tag me in the post so I don't miss the opportunity to clarify if you really want to know...

Again, you’re ASSUMING ovechkin even likes the new name enough to wear a commanders jersey. For all we know, he was offered one and declined. Plenty of our own fans **** on the name constantly, yet you think there’s even a chance ovechkin doesn’t feel the same as 99% of people on here? 

and again, he just got back from Russia late last week, you have ZERO idea that there was even time to get him a jersey. None of us know whether him going to the game was a last minute decision. 

“Apologist post” my ***. Good lord. 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

8 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Again, you’re ASSUMING ovechkin even likes the new name enough to wear a commanders jersey. For all we know, he was offered one and declined. Plenty of our own fans **** on the name constantly, yet you think there’s even a chance ovechkin doesn’t feel the same as 99% of people on here? 

and again, he just got back from Russia late last week, you have ZERO idea that there was even time to get him a jersey. None of us know whether him going to the game was a last minute decision. 

It's been nearly three years since we changed the name from the Redskins...three...years...

They coulda got him a WFT jersey instead...or even a Redskins jersey with someone, ANYONE, besides Cousins on the back after he won the championship in 2018.

The Nationals even got John Wall a baseball jersey, and i love him to death but he didn't win anything here...this is a bigger picture issue in terms of how the other DC teams go further to support the Commanders then the Commanders do any of them, not a "he jus got back" nonsense excuse...

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1