Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Attendance

SkinsFan_07

1 hour ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Yeah no way it's actually 52k a game. Snyder cooking the books again. 

Nah. Cooking the books was 2019. I went to the Cowboys game in 2018, the place was close to packed, and the attendance was reported as 66300. I did not attend in 2019, but the attendance was reported as 75100. There is just no way.

The thing I question is that throughout much of the 2000 (2004 on), we supposedly had close to 92K capacity. Presently, they are saying we have 64-65K at the highest. I know a ton of seats were taken out of the upper deck, but I don't see how we've lost over 25K capacity.

• Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, hail2skins said:

The thing I question is that throughout much of the 2000 (2004 on), we supposedly had close to 92K capacity. Presently, they are saying we have 64-65K at the highest. I know a ton of seats were taken out of the upper deck, but I don't see how we've lost over 25K capacity.

They left the 3 sections on each side that straddle the 50, and removed everything else. 

they removed an ass ton of seats. I know I sat up there for a long time before moving down. It’s an oval, every ring of seats gets bigger as you go out 

14 minutes ago, tshile said:

They removed an ass ton of seats. I know I sat up there for a long time before moving down. It’s an oval, every ring of seats gets bigger as you go out 

I used to sit in 431 all the way at the top.  A buddy of mine had season tickets and we went on a regular basis.  Those rows have been gone for around 10 years.  Every year it seems like a few more went away.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Commander PK said:

I used to sit in 431 all the way at the top.  A buddy of mine had season tickets and we went on a regular basis.  Those rows have been gone for around 10 years.  Every year it seems like a few more went away.

Same here, many moons ago we sat in the last row of 431.   Then moved to row 2, (which is still there...right above the Art Monk sign)

Moved to the 200's, under cover on the home side,  side years ago.  The difference in the game experience is night and day.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hail2skins said:

60427. Looked full on TV

People were predicting a Packers take over.  I didn’t see that at all.  They were certainly there, but didn’t look like what was expected.  Home crowd asserted themselves well.

Edited by Commander PK

1 minute ago, Commander PK said:

People were predicting a Packers take over.  I didn’t see that at all.  They were certainly there, but didn’t look like what was expected.  Home crowd asserted themselves well.

Because the Packers stink. Most fans are fickle and aren't gonna "take over" an opposing stadium if their team is also bad. 

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Because the Packers stink. Most fans are fickle and aren't gonna "take over" an opposing stadium if their team is also bad. 

As I think I said earlier in this thread, we played them here last in 2018 very early in the season and it was far from a takeover then too.

Pretty much every game you're going to have that lower level visitors side filled with a lot of opposing fans. But pretty much going to be predominantly Washington fans othewise. I think the only opposing fanbases that can make it close to a 50/50 crowd at FedEx are Dallas, Pittsburgh, Philly, and Baltimore.

On 10/17/2022 at 7:44 PM, hail2skins said:

Nah. Cooking the books was 2019. I went to the Cowboys game in 2018, the place was close to packed, and the attendance was reported as 66300. I did not attend in 2019, but the attendance was reported as 75100. There is just no way.

Half the upper deck seats are gone and many of the obstructed view seats are gone.

14 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Buddy at the game today took this. There was as many 49er jerseys in the pic as Commanders. 

Looking at the very right side of that pic, it looks like the stand is outside one of the 120 sections. That is one on the lower visiting side and sadly in recent years where you've had a big concentration of visiting fans.

38 minutes ago, BigDibbs31 said:

Yep. Packers had a huge showing but it was fun watching them get really quiet in the 4th quarter

37 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Yup!

It looked worse sitting on Commies side, because seeing the Packers side of the lower bowl, it looked dominated by green.

It was clearly louder for our offense then it was for there's at beginning of the game. 

Packer fans don't know how to talk trash when they losing so they start offering cheese and **** to make peace, pleasant experience indeed : )

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

Didn’t wanna create a whole new topic. But I really wanna see our fans at the game Sunday. I understand some who don’t wanna put money in Dans pockets. Cool I get that buy on the secondary market. Tickets are already paid for so owner gets that money whether you show up or not. Worried about food prices? Cool show up to redzone lot I’ll give you some food and a couple Jell-O shots. Don’t wanna pay for parking I hear you metro and Uber etc got you covered. We are on a 3 game win streak with the chance for a cool atmosphere with it being black out week. It hasn’t been pretty for sure but the dudes on the field deserve our support not to mention imagine how loud of a sell the team chant we could have if we actually had our fans there 😉

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yeah, I’d like to see our fans at the game Sunday too. Unfortunately I don’t think we’ll be getting that until Snyder sells (by himself or by force) and I get that. It sucks, and I feel bad for the players. But I get it.

I hear ya man and I get it too it’s why I said look at secondary market etc but yeah I get it. I just have too much fun at games and it’s more fun when our people are there so I’m gonna atleast try lmao 

Yes, but won't it be fun after the game when Kirk has another "crap the bed" day and the Skins go to 5-4 that our fans can "SKOL" them right back heading out of the stadium?

One of the best experiences was getting to do that "Seven Nation Army" chant back at the Ravens fans when, yes, Capt Kirk led us at the end to the OT win in 2012.

Edited by hail2skins