Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reaction from Week 1 | Postgame Live: Los Angeles Chargers vs. The Washington Football Team

TK

overall I'm most disappointed in the game planning.  Way to conservative with Fitzpatrick in.  Apparently the entire camp as our starter did nothing to build chemistry with any of our WRs because he was the new captain Checkdown.  And the D never found a way to fill in the middle of the field

Yeah Fitzpatrick seemed uneasy playing this offense. Not sure why. Doesn't look into rythm or whatever. It was weird.

Heinicke keeps on playing like a guy that is playing his last NFL game and is having fun on the field.

Sometimes you wonder if the best advice you could give to those professionnal players before a game shouldn't be an "have fun playing guys".

• Like 1

Defense made some key turnovers but Herbet passed against the Team at will.  It was sad.  Our offenseive passing attack is still terrible.  Sure the Team can run decently but it was predictable again. Chargers should've beaten us by a lot more.

Hopkins isn't reliable.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Redd said:

Defense made some key turnovers but Herbet passed against the Team at will.  It was sad.  Our offenseive passing attack is still terrible.  Sure the Team can run decently but it was predictable again. Chargers should've beaten us by a lot more.

Hopkins isn't reliable.

Yep, run on 1st down since RG3

Edited by ClaytoAli
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Yeah Fitzpatrick seemed uneasy playing this offense. Not sure why. Doesn't look into rythm or whatever. It was weird.

Heinicke keeps on playing like a guy that is playing his last NFL game and is having fun on the field.

Sometimes you wonder if the best advice you could give to those professionnal players before a game shouldn't be an "have fun playing guys".

“You don’t have a job after today” 

22 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

Yep, run on 1st down since RG3

Difference way in shannys scheme you didn’t know for sure if it was a run or not cause the formation didn’t tell you anything at all. 

• Like 1

Cosmi had a real tough assignment with Bosa and did relatively well.  They didn’t do him any favors with the cadence as it seemed like he got a jump on the snap anytime he wanted.  

Carter looks good as a returner.

The refs were awful.  For both teams: the missed face mask, linemen literally tackling Ioannidis.  The botched Herbert fumble call.  An obvious false start when Gibson converted a third down.  Just so bad.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Cosmi had a real tough assignment with Bosa and did relatively well.  They didn’t do him any favors with the cadence as it seemed like he got a jump on the snap anytime he wanted.  

Carter looks good as a returner.

The refs were awful.  For both teams: the missed face mask, linemen literally tackling Ioannidis.  The botched Herbert fumble call.  An obvious false start when Gibson converted a third down.  Just so bad.

Uhhh Bosa basically lived in our backfield.

This changes nothing, we’ve all said we’re a .500ish team and today we played exactly like it. I had this one down as a L.

a healthy chargers team is a playoff team. Sure we had a chance to win, but we were outplayed for 50+ minutes of the game. Supremely disappointed in Turner, Del Rio, chase, and gibson. Bosa showed us what chase was supposed to be doing.

I know a lot here hang their hat on the D, I’ve been hesitant to do so because this is what we’d see if we made the playoffs. 

Heinecke time baby. I’ve been a truther so I’m excited, just hoping he can stay healthy. 

on to the next!

Giants looked horrible today.  No panic from me but if they lose to that team, I think this season is going south.  I can't see them losing to the Giants and starting 0-2 at home but somehow rallying for a big season against teams like GB, Seattle, KC, NO, Buffalo, Tampa, etc.  If we had last years cupcake schedule, I would shrug this loss off.   But we can't lose this Thursday to arguably the softest team on the schedule at home in a short week.