Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone else beyond frustrated??

Giddy4Gibson

This team may winding up having the mediocre to bad season they should've had last year.  Like others have already said, they overachieved after feasting on bad backups QBs and found out what happens when they faced a real good in the playoffs.  They have some pieces, but a lot more are missing on defense.  

• Like 1

A couple days removed from the Bills game I am trying to look at things from a macro level vs micro level.  This is year 2 of a rebuild in which the QB's on the roster are all journeyman career backups.  Fitz has been a starter at times, but mostly because of being in a few "no one better to do it" situations.   

As a fanbase it is understandable why we are tired of the broken record of "rebuilding" that we always hear, but unfortunately that is the current situation.  

We have to I suppose just cross our fingers that this time will be *different* and Ron Rivera and his staff are around in 3-4 seasons with a roster completely built up to their liking and the personnel they need.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

A couple days removed from the Bills game I am trying to look at things from a macro level vs micro level.  This is year 2 of a rebuild in which the QB's on the roster are all journeyman career backups.  Fitz has been a starter at times, but mostly because of being in a few "no one better to do it" situations.   

As a fanbase it is understandable why we are tired of the broken record of "rebuilding" that we always hear, but unfortunately that is the current situation.  

We have to I suppose just cross our fingers that this time will be *different* and Ron Rivera and his staff are around in 3-4 seasons with a roster completely built up to their liking and the personnel they need.

I don’t think Rivera will last that long. I don’t think Dan will fire him but I can totally see him quitting after next year if it’s going south. 

2 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

I don’t think Rivera will last that long. I don’t think Dan will fire him but I can totally see him quitting after next year if it’s going south. 

The only way Ron quits; is if health declines.

Ron will be on the hot seat next year. He will need to do 3 things:

Find either  midterm:3-5 year QB or Long term QB.

Get players to fix our defensive holes.

Fix the problems plaguing the defense this year.

Another bad year in 22; Ron won’t be able to quit, he will be fired.

Edited by Rdskns2000

I'm not frustrated, I don't have much hope year in year out since Danny boy started to ruin this franchise. We could end the season with a 5-12 record at best, it's up to Rivera and Del Rio to fix it.

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

You know… the name is the elephant in the room. A lot of us truly believe, despite what appears to be capable management on the business side, that they are going to find a way to screw it up.

Most of us are too invested to go be a fan of another team at this point. But this franchise is probably going to lose a lot of people with a overall unpopular name on top of an awful season. 

This franchise has to find success this year.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

7 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

If the defense was playing well I could buy into this. The offense was unlikely to be top 10, given where it was last year, but I hoped it would improve - and I'd argue it has. The QB play is mixed, but that's to be expected with who we have at the position. The OL looks to be improving, the running game is at least at the same level as last year; the receivers are still an issue but we have Samuel to come.

But the defense... in a rebuild, I wouldn't be surprised if the defense fell off a little from last year, it's difficult to maintain a top tier defense year on year and we're playing much better teams. What I didn't expect was the utter chaos behind the DL, and I struggle to find an excuse for it three weeks into the season and after a ten day gap to sort things out. Those players don't trust each other and don't understand what they are supposed to be doing - and it's not the rookies who are at fault. When I read "it's no single player at fault and it's no single thing" week after week, that sounds like a dysfunctional unit. Our "rebuild" has taken a top 5 or top 10 defense that was largely assembled by the previous coaches and wrecked it in one year.

I think after another 3 weeks we'll have a clearer picture about what's going on inside the defense. If there's no improvement then the scheme, the players or the defensive coaches need to change. 

1 hour ago, -JB- said:

You think you’re mad now, just wait until they name the team the Washington Armada & build a new stadium on the Fed Ex Field site Kristen Bell GIF by VakantieVeilingen

They will install new bathroom stall dividers, new paper towel dispensers, re paint the parking lot lines and then rename Fed Ex (new sponsor Piggly Wiggly food stores). This will be our new stadium unveil, trot out the Armada logo and call it quits. 

A few other rumors Ive heard;

New team colors will be beige.

Bring in momma June to choreograph the dance team formally known as Redskinettes

Reinforce the stadium view blocking pillars, make the wider to block more of the view.

Marketing campaign in other NFL cities to sell more tickets to opposing fan bases because they are currently under represented at Fed Ex.

Raise concession prices because why not?

Block Wi-Fi access in the stadium to allow fans to more easily concentrate on team ineptness.

Expand and remodel Snyder's luxury box.

Anyone else heard any other rumors?

Edited by Chris 44
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Nope. I'm beyond frustrated--I just don't care. 30 years since we last won the Super Bowl, since then it's been the same old song and dance: Fluke, semi-competitive season --> Unbridled hype --> Fall on our faces --> Repeat. I was literally emotionless watching the 10-15 mins I invested in that game. I knew it was going to be a blow out. I knew we had no chance.

We will probably lose a close game to the Falcons.

• Like 1

@Chris 44where have you heard rumors of the new team colors being beige? I havent heard that at all. 

16 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Nope. I'm beyond frustrated--I just don't care. 30 years since we last won the Super Bowl, since then it's been the same old song and dance: Fluke, semi-competitive season --> Unbridled hype --> Fall on our faces --> Repeat. I was literally emotionless watching the 10-15 mins I invested in that game. I knew it was going to be a blow out. I knew we had no chance.

Wouldn’t not caring actually be LESS than frustrated, not beyond? Beyond would mean you’re more than frustrated. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

Correct. Im a Redskin for life, I feel ill have a little less attachment to the new name whatever it will be but if we down right suck ill have a much less attachment to the team. This also may piss some people off but I don't feel like the WFT cowboys rivalry is a thing anymore, in fact I hate Philly more than the Cowboys I actually rooted for the cowboys to win the Monday night game, after being fan my whole life only able to remember the 1992 rypien season and after,  I think im finally buying into the fact that this organization will suck as long as Snyder owns it, and he aint going anywhere so...yup

Edited by CjSuAvE22

16 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

@Chris 44where have you heard rumors of the new team colors being beige? I havent heard that at all. 

Wouldn’t not caring actually be LESS than frustrated, not beyond? Beyond would mean you’re more than frustrated. 

No. I was frustrated for years. I'm passed it, or beyond it. Frustration comes from this team not living up to expectations. I have no more expectations with this team--they have beaten all the frustration out of me. 

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

I was checked out for 2018 and 2019. Came back bc I really like Ron as a leader. But now I’m starting to think no one can fix this. They’re all false gods. I get more and more invested in the league itself and a little less invested in WFT and I’m guessing I’m not alone since we have the worst attendance in the league.

it’s almost unfathomable how badly Snyder has ruined this thing. It’s a disaster. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KDawg said:

You know… the name is the elephant in the room. A lot of us truly believe, despite what appears to be capable management on the business side, that they are going to find a way to screw it up.

Most of us are too invested to go be a fan of another team at this point. But this franchise is probably going to lose a lot of people with a overall unpopular name on top of an awful season. 

If this is your position then, uh, we're boned.

No matter what name they choose, it just puts more distance between the present and the Gibbs years we are all desperately clinging to.  More reason to tune out a crap product, more incentive to care about other things instead.  I'm incapable of latching to another team at this point, but I am capable of largely ignoring this one as I did for '18 and '19.  Guessing a lot of folks feel the same.

5 hours ago, KDawg said:

I completely agree. The people posting on ES are not a good gauge of the typical fan base. I have a buddy who walked away after the name change. I think there are so many willing to exit stage left with a bad year and a silly name. You can’t keep selling false hope for a quarter of a century and not demoralize your fan base. 

• Like 1

Unless Ron changes his plan, he will meet the usual end all non Gibbs coach have.  The modern NFL is an offensive league. You need an offense to compete for the playoffs and that starts with getting a QB.  What does Ronny do, he gets a journeyman QB that usually only has 3-4 good games before he reverts back to what is, backup. TH and KA are just backups. 

Ron thinks he can get by building his defense and then get the QB, when one falls into his lap. This isn't 2000 when the Ravens won with their defense.

Just look at the Rams. They have a great defense. They came to the conclusion they new to upgrade the QB position. So, they were aggressive and traded for thge QB, we wanted. I admit, Stafford has surprised me. The Rams could be the nfc champs this year and prevent Tommy from going back.

We need to get a QB next year and we need to give up more assets than we were willing to this year. Look at the Packers. Rodgers covers up, some of the weaknesses. A QB, that can get the offense humming; can help the defense.

TH is just a backup and you will we his limitations as, the schedule gets tougher.

Ron stays on his present course, he will eventually be given the boot.

24 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Unless Ron changes his plan, he will meet the usual end all non Gibbs coach have.  The modern NFL is an offensive league. You need an offense to compete for the playoffs and that starts with getting a QB.  What does Ronny do, he gets a journeyman QB that usually only has 3-4 good games before he reverts back to what is, backup. TH and KA are just backups. 

Ron thinks he can get by building his defense and then get the QB, when one falls into his lap. This isn't 2000 when the Ravens won with their defense.

Just look at the Rams. They have a great defense. They came to the conclusion they new to upgrade the QB position. So, they were aggressive and traded for thge QB, we wanted. I admit, Stafford has surprised me. The Rams could be the nfc champs this year and prevent Tommy from going back.

We need to get a QB next year and we need to give up more assets than we were willing to this year. Look at the Packers. Rodgers covers up, some of the weaknesses. A QB, that can get the offense humming; can help the defense.

TH is just a backup and you will we his limitations as, the schedule gets tougher.

Ron stays on his present course, he will eventually be given the boot.

Yeah it's mind numbing that we still have debates about the value of a true franchise QB when compared to an average or stopgap QB.  Ron was clear that his plan was to build a roster, then plug in a vet.  As if Marcus Marriotta will suddenly become a Super Bowl QB.  All this is very very concerning.  

7 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Yeah it's mind numbing that we still have debates about the value of a true franchise QB when compared to an average or stopgap QB.  Ron was clear that his plan was to build a roster, then plug in a vet.  As if Marcus Marriotta will suddenly become a Super Bowl QB.  All this is very very concerning.  

How is it concerning? It’s literally the same thing since 1992 and really since 1984. The only thing we have had close to a franchise QB was Jay Schroeder and his attitude was horrible. Rypien was mostly mediocre and with the exception of 4 games, Doug Williams was putrid here. Bobby Beathard never drafted one and neither did Charlie Casserly. This team is not getting a franchise QB. Put that dream to rest. The best we can hope for is getting hot at the end of a season and catch some teams off guard in the playoffs and make some noise on a lucky run. That’s it. That’s the best it will get. Last year is the ceiling not the foundation to grow from.

Way things are going I expect Rivera to be gone after next year. Let me explain by listing his tenure here.  Last year, top of the list he leads WFT to a division championship. Next down is this year and the collapse begins. Next year will be his third down, and WFT under Rivera self-destructs on third downs 😉