Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fantasy Football 2023

PleaseBlitz

Ahoy. So I've been considering my options at pick number 3 this year (12 team league), and at first I have been preparing to select Austin Ekeler. However, the more time that goes on, the more I'm considering someone like Cooper Cupp. I don't love the idea of WR as my first pick, but there seems to be a clear "Big 3" WR this year. I have inside information that Jonathan Taylor will be gone within the first 2 picks, but I have no idea who the other person will pick.

I think if both JT and Ekeler are gone before me, I'd rather take a top 3 WR than McCaffrey. I'm terrified of his injury history.

I'd love to hear your opinions.

12 Team Keeper Auction.  $200 budget.

I kept Jefferson for $25 and Mitchell for $10.  

Kind of went all in on WR and loaded up on rookies so I can keep them next year and the year after. 

Brady

Mitchell

Chase Edmonds

Jefferson

Davante Adams

Tyreek Hill

Goedert

Breece Hall

Kareem Hunt

Kadarius Toney

Garrett Wilson

Christian Watson

Isiah Spiller

Trevor Lawrence

Jameson Williams - on the IR spot. 

• Like 1

Should I be worried? Traditional H2H league with Standard scoring.  Money league too

QB: Justin Herbert, Carr, Watson

RB: Kamara, Elliott, Dameon Pierce Brian Robinson

WR.  McLaurin, Thomas, Theilan, Alec Pierce

TE: Knox and Hooper

Def: Bills, Chargers

K: Gay

I may have to play the waiver wire with my Wr, and possibly Rb.  I'm hoping that Thomas and Kamara can produce some numbers (I know Drew Brees is gone). I was hoping to drafted Mixon, but he was picked right before me.  

Edited by Maxito

1 hour ago, Maxito said:

Should I be worried? Traditional H2H league with Standard scoring.  Money league too

QB: Justin Herbert, Carr, Watson

RB: Kamara, Elliott, Dameon Pierce Brian Robinson

WR.  McLaurin, Thomas, Theilan, Alec Pierce

TE: Knox and Hooper

Def: Bills, Chargers

K: Gay

I may have to play the waiver wire with my Wr, and possibly Rb.  I'm hoping that Thomas and Kamara can produce some numbers (I know Drew Brees is gone). I was hoping to drafted Mixon, but he was picked right before me.  

How many teams in your league?  That’s not a bad squad.  I like the Houston RB.  

8 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Why 3 qbs and 2 defenses?  

Great question! I don't really understand why we need 3qb in the roster.  However, other than the obvious reason is the bye week.  Our league does have defensive positions too.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maxito said:

Great question! I don't really understand why we need 3qb in the roster.  However, other than the obvious reason is the bye week.  Our league does have defensive positions too.   

in a 10 team league, i'd argue you don't need a backup qb and a defense

10 Team, auction keeper. Start 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex. Big money league. Drafted in person last night. 

QB: Burrow, Lance

WR: Chase, Waddle, M. Thomas, Godwin, Bateman, J. Williams (IR)

RB: Saquan, Javonte, Dillon, Dobbins, CEH, J. cook 

TE: Goedert

Deep team, and been fielding offers from guys with less depth. I’m nervous about my early season while I wait to see what’s up with Waddle, Thomas, Dobbins, Dillon split, Javonte split, etc etc. 

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

10 Team, auction keeper. Start 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex. Big money league. Drafted in person last night. 

QB: Burrow, Lance

WR: Chase, Waddle, M. Thomas, Godwin, Bateman, J. Williams (IR)

RB: Saquan, Javonte, Dillon, Dobbins, CEH, J. cook 

TE: Goedert

Deep team, and been fielding offers from guys with less depth. I’m nervous about my early season while I wait to see what’s up with Waddle, Thomas, Dobbins, Dillon split, Javonte split, etc etc. 

You have a solid team! Your strongest group is your WR, Going to be hard deciding which 4 to play (Just realizee you get to start 2 flex) The only thing i'll be worried about is the split of touches of your RB. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Maxito said:

Ive been drinking so ill be honest. You should have 1 qb and 1 def. Drop the rest and get depth at RB. 

On 8/12/2022 at 6:55 PM, abdcskins said:

I'm down to do a $100 league if people are interested. If anyone has any openings let me know. Survivor leagues too.

I see Christian McCaffrey being listed at #2 behind Taylor in most mock drafts. There is zero chance I am drafting that guy, certainly not that high, with his injury history. I can almost guarantee he misses 3-4 games this year. Ekeler, Henry, Kupp, Jefferson, and Cook should all be drafted before him. I might even take guys like Jones, Mixon, and Barkley.

I picked him with the #1 pick and dude totally schtupped my season last year. 🤬

Edited by The Sisko

Playing this guy this week. His current QB is Cousins. He offered me Michael Pittman for my Jaylen Waddle and Trey Lance. Half PPR. Think this solidified my WR2 a bit. I could grab Fields off waivers to be my backup. It would give him Lance in what should be a juicy slate against Chicago Week 1. But Lance is trade bait this season for me since I’m not benching the Burrow-Chase stack. Pittman also has a great matchup against Houston this week and would replace CEH in my second flex spot. Should I take it? Roster would be …

QB: Burrow, Fields (WW)

RB: Barkley, Javonte, Dillon, CEH, Dobbins, J. Cook, B. Robinson (IR)

WR: Chase, Pittman, M. Thomas, Godwin, Bateman, J. Williams (IR)

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Playing this guy this week. His current QB is Cousins. He offered me Michael Pittman for my Jaylen Waddle and Trey Lance. Half PPR. Think this solidified my WR2 a bit. I could grab Fields off waivers to be my backup. It would give him Lance in what should be a juicy slate against Chicago Week 1. But Lance is trade bait this season for me since I’m not benching the Burrow-Chase stack. Pittman also has a great matchup against Houston this week and would replace CEH in my second flex spot. Should I take it? Roster would be …

QB: Burrow, Fields (WW)

RB: Barkley, Javonte, Dillon, CEH, Dobbins, J. Cook, B. Robinson (IR)

WR: Chase, Pittman, M. Thomas, Godwin, Bateman, J. Williams (IR)

Imo if you don't start 2 Qbs, I don't think you need to roster 2 Qbs, especially in a 2 flex league. Use that extra position on a handcuff or rookie right now. 

As for the trade, I'd rather give up Lance and Bateman for Pittman than Waddle. But the skies the limit for Lance's scoring this year. Niners are loaded on offense and he's going to get his yards running too. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

@The Evil Genius I offered that but he’s not having it. Said he’d do Waddle and Lance for Pittman. I feel like Pittman has the higher ceiling and floor and week to week consistency as the focus of the passing game. Waddle could have the higher week to week ceiling but a lower floor as the #2. Guess it’s just a matter of whether or not I want Lance as longer term trade bait, as I agree on your 1 QB premise. I’d rather have Pittman than Waddle as my WR2 given I have Boom / bust at WR behind him. 

• Like 1

Massive issues with the yahoo fantasy app last night for a draft.  The chat/live view showed me as "13 picks" away from my next pick, mean while it was my turn to draft 🤦🏾‍♂️.  The system ended up auto-picking for me 5 times in the first 9 rounds. App kept freezing. The little "on the clock" chime didn't even go off, and i had my volume all the way up.  Been using Yahoo fantasy app for at least 6 years, never had any problems whatsoever before last night. 

Thankfully, it's the only non-money league I play in, so I'm not super annoyed.  But this is probably the worst fantasy team I've ever fielded :806:

Thanks for reading my rant.  **** everybody.  🙂

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Well my zero RB light strategy paid off this week.  My 3 starting receivers, Jefferson, Adams and Hill, combined to get me 75 points, which may be enough to win this week by itself.  All of my other starters combined for about 30 points.  Eli Mitchell also got hurt, so that sucks, but I have Kareem Hunt on my bench and he looks like an every week starter.