Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fantasy Football 2023

PleaseBlitz

Won a league that Yahoo predicted me to finish 11th out of 12 post draft (neither my team nor my opponent had anyone from last nights game).

I'm curious how Yahoo and other leagues will handle this. Fwiw I think the appropriate thing would be to split the 1st and 2nd share of $s in money leagues if the game last night impacted the results. 

Especially since I doubt the game ever gets played. 

Missed the 4-team playoff even though I had the 2nd most points throughout the season and was 2-0 against the person that got the last spot. 

Next season, with a $200 total budget, get to keep Justin Jefferson for $25, Breece Hall for $10, and may keep Tyreek Hill for $43.  

Edited by PleaseBlitz

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Won a league that Yahoo predicted me to finish 11th out of 12 post draft (neither my team nor my opponent had anyone from last nights game).

I'm curious how Yahoo and other leagues will handle this. Fwiw I think the appropriate thing would be to split the 1st and 2nd share of $s in money leagues if the game last night impacted the results. 

Especially since I doubt the game ever gets played. 

Yeah I am not sure what to do.  In my league, in which our very own Mooka is in the final, the score is currently 81.4-76.86 (very low scoring).  The lower score still has Ja'Marr Chase left to go, the other team is finished.  Chase's lowest output of the season was 8.3, so you would think he could get at least 4.7 points, which would get the win.  The difference in payout between first and second place in my league is $1,200 and $750, so fairly large.  

Both teams played each other twice during the regular season and split.  I am hoping the game gets played eventually and scored, or else I will have to make an executive decision.  Mooka if you see this and want to chime in feel free to, otherwise you, me, and Darren will discuss through email.

Edited by abdcskins

35 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Yeah I am not sure what to do.  In my league, in which our very own Mooka is in the final, the score is currently 81.4-76.86 (very low scoring).  The lower score still has Ja'Marr Chase left to go, the other team is finished.  Chase's lowest output of the season was 8.3, so you would think he could get at least 4.7 points, which would get the win.  The difference in payout between first and second place in my league is $1,200 and $750, so fairly large.  

Both teams played each other twice during the regular season and split.  I am hoping the game gets played eventually and scored, or else I will have to make an executive decision.  Mooka if you see this and want to chime in feel free to, otherwise you, me, and Darren will discuss through email.

I would just split the winnings. The trailing team would have likely won.  That game was turning into a track meet.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Wow, what an up and down year. After losing a number of key players to injury throughout the year, I still managed to make it to the championship game. I was up by 4.5 points with Burrow and Mixon while my opponent had J. Allen, D. Singletary, and J. Chase. Once they zeroed out the scores for these players, my opponent ended up winning by 3.1 points.🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 He had one extra player active, but Chase and Burrow's points were linked together, and Singletary wasn't likely to get much going against the Bengals' defense so there's just no way to know what would have happened. It really sucked big time to have overcome so much this year to make the finals, only to potentially have the championship lost due to a random boneheaded decision.

I don't think they should have continued playing the game that night, but they should have rearranged the playoff schedule so that it could have been continued later. The only prize in my league is bragging rights, but the NFL really schtupped a lot of fantasy players out of a lot of money and to some degree the Bengals with this decision. As a result, I changed my team name for this season so that it will go down in history as "Schtupped by the NFL".

Edited by The Sisko

• PleaseBlitz changed the title to Fantasy Football 2023 - Anyone want to join an ES league?

Dear Abby,

I'm in a fantasy football league with a bunch of close friends but the spark is gone. Ever since sports betting became legal nobody seems to care as much about a league going on its 11th anniversary. Since its inception we have drifted apart. Some, including yours truly, have moved to a different city all together. I miss the days when people traded players for weed, allegedly, and made weekly side bets with their opponents.

What can we do to make things fun and exciting?

Sincerely,

Cobra Commander

• Haha 3

22 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Anyone interested in joining an ES league?  I'm pretty flexible, prefer auctions over snakes, but up for whatever rules people think would be fun. 

How do ES Fantasy Footballers feel about post-victory threats of forcible sodomy (to really hammer home that dominance) and the like?  Are we pro.....con......lukewarm?

• Haha 1

On 8/11/2023 at 9:23 PM, PleaseBlitz said:

If people are more comfortable with a snake draft, im good with that. 

If I'm stingy regarding my money, imagine me playing with fake money.  I don't think I would draft a good team!  The only thing I have done is snake draft.  However, I am willing to try if the consensus was to do an Auction draft.  

https://fantasy.espn.com/free-prize-games/sharer?from=espn&challengeId=232&context=GROUP_INVITE&edition=espn-en&groupId=4cb52df8-9ba7-4fa4-b908-b41856563bd1&joinKey=94b20c97-d90e-3a20-85bd-3846d5e9f587

That is the link for a survivor group that I am starting.  $5 entry fee.  If you are interested dm me and I will give you the password and Venmo info.