Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fantasy Football 2023

PleaseBlitz

Injuries killed me on both teams.  Dak Prescott and Keenan Allen in one league, Najee Harris and Tee Higgins in another.  It's part of the game.  Also had flops from Mike Williams, Dawson Knox, and CeeDee Lamb.  I am actually worried Lamb will have a horrible year now that Dak is gone.

Another week, another WR (Tyreek) gets me damn near 40 points for the win (barring Aaron Rodgers throwing 5 TDs.)

Optimism:  Between Jefferson, Davonte and Tyreek, one or more are going to go off any given week. 

Pessimism:  This may not be sustainable and my RBs are not good (Eli Michell, Edmonds, Breece Hall, Hunt).

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like I’m starting Eno Benjamin and Deon Jackson, both third stringers who should get major workloads this week since their respective starters AND backups are hurt this week.  Both of them are playing bad run defenses. Playing them over Kareem Hunt, so we’ll see how that works out. 

Foreman is on waivers in my league (someone dropped him yesterday lol) and I'm not wasting my #2 waiver priority for a guy in a RB committee in a terrible offense that will usually be playing from behind.  Hubbard would probably be my pick since he's the pass catcher, but I'm not even sure I'd drop Caleb Huntley for him. 

Welp, my so-far great season has come to a crashing halt.  I built my team around 3 of the top 5 WRs and was piecing together RBs.  I got Breece Hall for $4 and he was turning into a top 8 RB and basically took my team from slightly above average to arguably the favorite to win my league this year.  Looks like he's done for the year and so now my RBs are back to being garbage.  It's an auction keeper league, so I'll keep Breece, Garrett Wilson and Jameson Williams for basically nothing next year. 

I don't post here often.  Some friends and I used to have a long running fantasy league that went on for 15 years but we ended it when one of the guys passed away suddenly.  Years later, we started it up again.  Filled in the empty spots with some other friends we refer to as "human bye weeks" due to their usual playing style of never remembering to update their lineups, swap out people who are injured, etc.

We'd always have one of these guys fill in over the years when we needed an extra, but we knew what we were getting.

Over the course of the league, there were 4-5 of us that actually knew what we were doing and usually passed the championship back and forth, a few guys who tried but couldn't keep up, and the human bye weeks.  At some point, we switched to auction drafting which is a load more fun.

This year?  One of the human bye weeks forgot about the draft.  The computer spent 90% of his budget on five players before he showed up (after someone texted him).  His wife was out of town, his kid was screaming in the background, and he had obviously been drinking heavily.  I'm pretty sure his final roster had 3 QB's, 2 kickers, and 2 defenses, though he made a few quick adjustments post draft.  Since then, he hasn't made a single add/drop, posted on the message board...I'm not even sure he remembers he's in the league.

He's 5-1 and in second place and has beaten several of the usual contenders.  I'm reminded why I hate fantasy football so much. 

• Haha 4