Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fantasy Football 2023

PleaseBlitz

On 10/21/2022 at 9:54 AM, PleaseBlitz said:

Foreman is on waivers in my league (someone dropped him yesterday lol) and I'm not wasting my #2 waiver priority for a guy in a RB committee in a terrible offense that will usually be playing from behind.  Hubbard would probably be my pick since he's the pass catcher, but I'm not even sure I'd drop Caleb Huntley for him. 

So how'd that work out for ya?💩💩 Like you, I drafted B. Hall and watched him go from an accidental auto pick to "Hey, this guy could win me another champeenship!" Then we got smacked down by the fantasy gods. The good news for me is that I drafted Dameon Pierce and Rhamondre Stevenson late. Too bad I didn't listen to myself in my annual evaluation of the prior season when I promised myself I wouldn't drop any players in the first week. A little too clever by half...yet again.😩

1 hour ago, Forehead said:

I don't post here often.  Some friends and I used to have a long running fantasy league that went on for 15 years but we ended it when one of the guys passed away suddenly.  Years later, we started it up again.  Filled in the empty spots with some other friends we refer to as "human bye weeks" due to their usual playing style of never remembering to update their lineups, swap out people who are injured, etc.

We'd always have one of these guys fill in over the years when we needed an extra, but we knew what we were getting.

Over the course of the league, there were 4-5 of us that actually knew what we were doing and usually passed the championship back and forth, a few guys who tried but couldn't keep up, and the human bye weeks.  At some point, we switched to auction drafting which is a load more fun.

This year?  One of the human bye weeks forgot about the draft.  The computer spent 90% of his budget on five players before he showed up (after someone texted him).  His wife was out of town, his kid was screaming in the background, and he had obviously been drinking heavily.  I'm pretty sure his final roster had 3 QB's, 2 kickers, and 2 defenses, though he made a few quick adjustments post draft.  Since then, he hasn't made a single add/drop, posted on the message board...I'm not even sure he remembers he's in the league.

He's 5-1 and in second place and has beaten several of the usual contenders.  I'm reminded why I hate fantasy football so much. 

We have a couple of those in our league. This year, one of them drafted Josh Allen at 1.6 while the rest of us jeered him for taking a QB that early. Nobody's laughing anymore. Fortunately for us, he pays no attention to his roster. If he'd switched out a few injured/inactive players each week, he'd probably be in first place. The other person like that in our league let her draft go auto pick most of the way and now she's looking awfully dangerous in second place with Mahomey, D. Cook, J. Jacobs, Pittman, Aiyuk and Kittle. I'm in first place, but just barely and with the injuries, it's really looking like I'm going to get used and abused in the paloffs.

Edited by The Sisko

32 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

So how'd that work out for ya?💩💩 Like you, I drafted B. Hall and watched him go from an accidental auto pick to "Hey, this guy could win me another champeenship!" Then we got smacked down by the fantasy gods. The good news for me is that I drafted Dameon Pierce and Rhamondre Stevenson late. Too bad I didn't listen to myself in my annual evaluation of the prior season when I promised myself I wouldn't drop any players in the first week. A little too clever by half...yet again.😩

My wife's team (which I ghost manage) just happened to pick them both up, so a trade between my real team and my ghost team may already be in the works. :)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, The Sisko said:

The good news for me is that I drafted Dameon Pierce and Rhamondre Stevenson late. Too bad I didn't listen to myself in my annual evaluation of the prior season when I promised myself I wouldn't drop any players in the first week. A little too clever by half...yet again.😩

I too took Rhamondre Stevenson late, and I need him to go off tonight, to make up for the poor performance of my backup QB and other bye replacement players.

Edited by China

4 hours ago, China said:

I too took Rhamondre Stevenson late, and I need him to go off tonight, to make up for the poor performance of my backup QB and other bye replacement players.

Holy hell, he did it.  I won by less than a point.   :) 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

As background, my WR trio has carried my team all year, Jefferson, Davante and Tyreek.   My QB is Brady, who sucks this year. My RBs are terrible, I pretty much stream guys who are only playing while their starters have leg injuries. 

I have been offered the following trade in my keeper league:

I give up Breece Hall, who can be kept for $20 next year ($200 budget) and is likely the single most valuable keeper given that he looked like a top 6 or 8 back before he got hurt and top 8 backs go for $50+. 

I get:  CMC, Lamar Jackson and Miles Sanders. None of them have any keeper value, so this would be an all-in move for this year. 

I think Im gonna do it. 

27 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

As background, my WR trio has carried my team all year, Jefferson, Davante and Tyreek.   My QB is Brady, who sucks this year. My RBs are terrible, I pretty much stream guys who are only playing while their starters have leg injuries. 

I have been offered the following trade in my keeper league:

I give up Breece Hall, who can be kept for $20 next year ($200 budget) and is likely the single most valuable keeper given that he looked like a top 6 or 8 back before he got hurt and top 8 backs go for $50+. 

I get:  CMC, Lamar Jackson and Miles Sanders. None of them have any keeper value, so this would be an all-in move for this year. 

I think Im gonna do it. 

Unless I’m missing something, of course you make that deal.  Hall is going to have an uphill climb to be worth it next year.

The CMC trade fell through because the guy on the other end wanted to give it one more week before he threw in the towel and he scored 150 points this week.

Anyways, in my never ending search for castaways that I can plug in at RB, I went with Jeff Wilson this week and, amazingly, he looks like he might be a going concern.  I also traded Garrett Wilson, who looks like a great keeper next year but will never start for me this year, for DeAndre Swift, who is the best I could get for him.  Swift didn't do much this week.  It'd be great if Eno Benjamin gets picked up by someone who needs a starter.

Otherwise, the rest of my team did what they've always done.  Tyreek:  13, Davante, 23 and Jefferson 31.  So I won 130-85.  

Also looks like my sticking with Kadarius Toney may pay off, but he's another guy who will never see the field for me except for a bye week, so I may try to sell him high for something. 

Im seriously debating starting Garappolo than Herbert this week because my opponent has Deebo on his team.  So in theory if Deebo gets points, I do too (if its not a rushing attempt).  Good strategy or no.  Lately Herbet hasn't been producing for the past few weeks due to his 2 starting WR are hurt.  Chargers is playing the Chiefs and 49ers is playing the Cardinals. 

9 minutes ago, Maxito said:

Im seriously debating starting Garappolo than Herbert this week because my opponent has Deebo on his team.  So in theory if Deebo gets points, I do too (if its not a rushing attempt).  Good strategy or no.  Lately Herbet hasn't been producing for the past few weeks due to his 2 starting WR are hurt.  Chargers is playing the Chiefs and 49ers is playing the Cardinals. 

I don’t think that’s a bad strategy at all.  Herbert has been bad over the past 4 weeks fantasy wise.  I think Jimmy G has a higher floor.  I picked him this week as I have/had both Murray and Stafford.  I’m thinking of going Jimmy G over Kyle.

• 2 weeks later...

Going to crush the first place team this week despite leaving 30 points on my bench since I picked wrong on both starting RBs. Doesn’t matter when my WRs are awesome. 

This will put me in a tie for 3rd. Me an 2 others are vying for 2 playoff spots. The team I get next week is just out of the playoff picture, but I get him with Jonathon Taylor and Justin Fields on a bye. His backup is Lamar who may have sustained a serious leg injury today. 

3BF28B98-D46E-496C-93FE-2BEE2B8B11E6.png

Three gigantic zeros screwed me this week - Lamar Jackson injury, Jeff Wilson Jr. doing absolutely nothing, and Dawson Knox really doing nothing at all with zero points, can't believe I have stuck with him all year, you'd think the supposed high-powered Buffalo offense would get him involved more.

If it weren't for Lamb, Higgins, D'Onta Foreman, and a combination of the Cowboys/49ers defense my team wouldn't even be in contention.  As it is I will need to win next week and hope another team loses so I can grab the final playoff spot.

No other option other than Latavius Murray or Kenyan Drake. Foreman was on bye. I had James Cook but he isn't even top 50. Wilson was RB25 and I thought he would have at least caught some passes out of the backfield, had the potential to be a high-scoring game. Dolphins completely abandoned the run and threw downfield.

• Like 1

Let me preface this by saying that I watch all the Niners games (local market, wife and friends are diehards)...from what I can tell generally the only running that consistently works against this version (last couple of years) of the Niners D are mobile QBs. When you have an above average front four AND a top LB core, people generally abandon the run fast. Unless I have an RB1 facing them, I usually choose to avoid them. 😁

Edit...Baker Mayfield waived by Carolina...watch him go lead the Niners to the SB. 😆

Edited by The Evil Genius

21 hours ago, abdcskins said:

No other option other than Latavius Murray or Kenyan Drake. Foreman was on bye. I had James Cook but he isn't even top 50. Wilson was RB25 and I thought he would have at least caught some passes out of the backfield, had the potential to be a high-scoring game. Dolphins completely abandoned the run and threw downfield.

Yeah, he schtupped me too. I had Mixon and forgot to check if he was active until the last minute. I had planned to pickup Bam Knight or Rachaad White if that happened but instead, I panicked and just moved Wilson up figuring I could at least get six or seven points out of him. I lost by six points....with CMC wannabe Deandre Swift on my bench.🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 I'm seriously considering dropping Swift to get some pieces for the paloffs but the decision to drop or keep him provides the same headache as deciding whether or not to play him each week.

Well I am screwed this week!  With all the waiver moves I did, I was hoping that I wouldn't multiple players with the same bye week.  Should I release Patterson for Gus Edwards, or Knight from the Jets.  Or just put one of my TE as my flex option (my TE are not good).  If you are asking me to put a WR, I can't put a WR, in the flex because 2 of my WR are on bye week as well.  I went from being 7-3 to 7-6.

My problem is that my 3 WRs can never sit (the Athletic ranks them 1, 2, 3; ESPN ranks them 1, 2, 4 this week), and so I have spent all year collecting serviceable RBs, and now have 7 to choose from that are all about the same.

So, pick 2 for this week between:

D'andre Swift v. Min

Cam Akers v. LV

Latavius Murray v. KC

Jeff WIlson @ LAC

Kareem Hunt @ Cincy

Gus Edwards @ Pit

Zonovan Knight @ Buf

I have so many players injured, that combined with the players I have on Bye, I couldn't fill out a complete roster, so had to pick up a couple players off the scrap heap this week.  Now, one of my players, Deebo Samuel just got injured.  This has been a problem for a couple of weeks now.  Looks like my fantasy season is done.

Locked in a ****ing war right now. I streamed Trevor Lawrence who got me 4 total TDs.  Jefferson got me 10 catches and 200+ yards but no TDs. Davante kind of laid an egg. Opponent has M Sanders who lit it up, but Ceedee Lamb only had 33 yards. He has the 49ers entire offense, and so far Samuel was doing well but appears to be done due to injury. He also has CMC and Kittles, he8s up by 20 and still has Nuk. I still have Tyreek, Jeff Wilson and my TE, Everett. Basically i need Miami to have a huge night.