Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fantasy Football 2023

PleaseBlitz

1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

I wouldn't touch Kittle with a ten foot pole. He's injury prone and once Trey takes over it's going to be a run-heavy, dump off passing offense. Too many other good mid-round TE i'd target like Geseiki and Goedert. Than go too high on those two. Rarely do teams carry more than 2 TE in FF so you're more than likely at least getting a top 12-15 TE and a starting back-up if you even go that route. 

Prior to last season he had played in 30 of the last 32 games in his non rookie year career. Not sure injury prone is a fair label.

As for Lance, the locals here fwiw think he'll sit ala Mahomes rookie year (albeit be used in some 4th down and goal line gadget plays). Personally, if/when Jimmy G does get hurt, I think Lance is an adequate thrower and will use the billion weapons SF has on offense. I really expect Kittle to be the #2/3 TE in all of FF and will have another monster year. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

8 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

I wouldn't touch Kittle with a ten foot pole. He's injury prone and once Trey takes over it's going to be a run-heavy, dump off passing offense. Too many other good mid-round TE i'd target like Geseiki and Goedert. Than go too high on those two. Rarely do teams carry more than 2 TE in FF so you're more than likely at least getting a top 12-15 TE and a starting back-up if you even go that route. 

I disagree. I think Kittles will go off and don't think Lance starts. They will be contending all year for 1st in West and Jimmy G if healthy gets them the best chance to win.

8 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

12 team keeper auction:

Dak

Aaron Jones, Saquon, Sermon, Singletary, and both backups to Gus in Bmore

McLarin, Jefferson, Lockett, Antonio Brown, Beasley

Logan Thomas

Don't know how you pulled that off. That team is stacked even for a 10 man league. For a 12 man league I don't know how you can lose. Great drafting.

QB- Kyler Murray

RB- Christian McCaffrey 

RB- David Montgomery 

WR- DJ Moore

WR- Cooper Kupp

TE- Jonnu Smith 

Flex- Chris Carson

Washington Football Team defense 

Bench

WR Gabriel Davis

WR Curtis Samuel

WR Jerry Jeudy

WR Ja'Marr Chase

WR Marquise Brown

WR Jakobi Meyers

RB Kenyan Drake

RB Chuba Hubbard

As you can see I have a plethora of WRs. I had to leave my draft for a softball game with about 2.5 rounds left (which sucked I have never missed any part of a draft), so autodraft hooked me up wkth Meyers, Brown, and Chase. At least I am set at that position. I will be looking to make some moves. I am glad I got at least one RB handcuff with Hubbard and Drake is a solid backup to Josh Jacobs. Overall very pleased, I used my entire auction budget as well.

On 9/8/2021 at 11:46 AM, PleaseBlitz said:

and both backups to Gus in Bmore

:headbang:

19 hours ago, HoggLife said:

Don't know how you pulled that off. That team is stacked even for a 10 man league. For a 12 man league I don't know how you can lose. Great drafting.

Got to keep Jefferson, Jones and McLaurin for about $66 of my $200 budget (because i drafted well last year too).

Edited by PleaseBlitz

Welp, this is my week 1:

- Gus Edwards out for the season (had him in 2 leagues)

- Raheem Mostert out for the season (had him in 2 leagues)

- Jerry Jeudy out 6-8 weeks (have him in 2 leagues)

Been playing fantasy football for 11 years and I've never been **** on by the fantasy gods like this before.  Right out the gate, Week 1.  I had both Edwards and Mostert in my big money league.  RB2 & RB3.  Gone.  :(

• Sad 1

Dear God, what a cardiac ending for me tonight.  I had a 20 point lead going into tonight's game between Detroit and Green Bay.  He had Aaron Jones, and I had Hockenberg and Swift.  Aaron Jones goes off and scores 38.  Fortunately, between Swift and Hockenberg I scored 25, so managed to eke out a 5 point win.  Never should have been that close.

1 hour ago, China said:

Dear God, what a cardiac ending for me tonight.  I had a 20 point lead going into tonight's game between Detroit and Green Bay.  He had Aaron Jones, and I had Hockenberg and Swift.  Aaron Jones goes off and scores 38.  Fortunately, between Swift and Hockenberg I scored 25, so managed to eke out a 5 point win.  Never should have been that close.

You’ll learn his name is Hockenson.  Lol. 

36 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

You’ll learn his name is Hockenson.  Lol. 

Fun fact:  I've started him both games this season, and he's done well.  But both weeks he's been outscored by Gronkowski, who I also have, but have left on the bench.

my team in a league that allows you to keep 8 players from last year ..... 

starters /bench

QB (the most important BY far position in this league):

Murray / Wilson

RB

Kamara McCaffrey / James Robinson  Javonte Williams

WR

Hopkins AJBrown / claypool deebo

TE

Hockenson / Fant

DST  (these actually end up deciding games whenever there is a dst core, because of the weird scoring)

Rams / Colts

K

some kicker guys that i can't remember... one of whom is on IR already

it is a super weird league that has kept the rules that it used when it was founded back in the late 80s, before you could use internet to track stats :) you only get points for points on the scoreboard, but there are bonuses for the distance of the score/fg and if your player scored "out of position"  --- so a running qb, or a pass catching rb is gold

In addition to being able to keep 8 players, this league is weird because you can ONLY make 3 roster moves all season (with the exception that you are allowed to temporarily replace players put on IR, but they do not become keepers)

anyway... after years of sucking, i have rocked the league the last 4ish years :)  .... set the league record (since joining CBSsports.com 20 years ago), last year... and then lost in the championship game because we kept having the championship in the final week of the season, and all my players sat out.     this year is looking good so far .....